CSNbbs
Could FAU win CUSA? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Could FAU win CUSA? (/thread-829368.html)

Pages: 1 2

Could FAU win CUSA? - Limebull - 10-08-2017 08:24 AM

To my understanding their undefeated in conference play

RE: Could FAU win CUSA? - nastybunch - 10-08-2017 08:31 AM

If the season were to end today, FAU would be in the championship game. Makes you nervous doesn't it?

RE: Could FAU win CUSA? - Cnelson203 - 10-08-2017 08:31 AM

Too early to tell yet, but they are certainly an improved squad. I was surprised at their destruction of ODU. They have a tough 4 game schedule coming up with North Texas, at WKU, Marshall and at La Tech. If they make it through that group, then, obviously, yes, but each of those games will present challenges (for both sides, it seems.) At this point, I don't think we've seen enough to predict.

RE: Could FAU win CUSA? - AdoptedMonarch - 10-08-2017 08:34 AM

I would love to think that we were dismantled yesterday by a CUSA championship-caliber program.

Unfortunately, more for ODU than for FAU, I don't think that.

RE: Could FAU win CUSA? - Cnelson203 - 10-08-2017 08:44 AM

It's interesting that only 4 CUSA teams have overall losing records. That's pretty good. If yesterday was instructive, it looks like this is going to be a knock-down, drag-out season for CUSA where about anyone can beat anyone else. Makes a champions prediction, at this point, almost impossible. But it is going to make for an interesting season.

RE: Could FAU win CUSA? - va-eagle - 10-08-2017 08:47 AM

(10-08-2017 08:31 AM)Cnelson203 Wrote:  Too early to tell yet, but they are certainly an improved squad. I was surprised at their destruction of ODU. They have a tough 4 game schedule coming up with North Texas, at WKU, Marshall and at La Tech. If they make it through that group, then, obviously, yes, but each of those games will present challenges (for both sides, it seems.) At this point, I don't think we've seen enough to predict.

Doubt they have trouble with WKU.

RE: Could FAU win CUSA? - Franko - 10-08-2017 08:52 AM

Sure they can, there are no good teams this season. Just a bunch of average or below average teams. That is the way I see it so far this season.

RE: Could FAU win CUSA? - CoachMaclid - 10-08-2017 08:58 AM

(10-08-2017 08:31 AM)nastybunch Wrote:  If the season were to end today, FAU would be in the championship game. Makes you nervous doesn't it?

By my count, there’s two teams left in the East without a conference loss.

And only one that hasn’t lost to Buffalo.

RE: Could FAU win CUSA? - BlueraiderJT - 10-08-2017 09:02 AM

FAU's speed is legit and they are still improving. They will put more than 14 on Charlotte too. :-)

RE: Could FAU win CUSA? - wkuhilltopperfan - 10-08-2017 09:15 AM

FAU will beat the crap out of my Tops 03-nutkick

RE: Could FAU win CUSA? - ThreeifbyLightning - 10-08-2017 09:25 AM

I really hate that we were only running on 4 cylinders at FAU. Would have been a much better game and given us both a better indication of where we are. Given what they did last night we are probably lucky it didn't get worse without so many key players including our two best offensive players or our best defensive player.

So frustrating what's happened on offense given the complete turnaround Scott Shafer has brought to the defense. We've held five out of six opponents under 400 yards. Last year we only held three out of 13 under 400. One of those was a I-AA team and the other rushed for 230 and 270 yards. Held FAU to 150 yards less too.

Even if MT wins out, I don't think FAU is going to lose two. So, it's probably down to Marshall and FAU for the east.

RE: Could FAU win CUSA? - USM@FTL - 10-08-2017 09:38 AM

The overall level of play in C-USA has improved, slowly. We have 11 teams fighting for bowl berths at this moment. That's really good. Marshall appears to be playing the best in the East. UNT out West. It's all still really wide open, so your answer is "Yes!".

RE: Could FAU win CUSA? - va-eagle - 10-08-2017 09:45 AM

(10-08-2017 08:52 AM)Franko Wrote:  Sure they can, there are no good teams this season. Just a bunch of average or below average teams. That is the way I see it so far this season.

There are good teams. There isn't any great teams.

Could FAU win CUSA? - BeliefBlazer - 10-08-2017 10:20 AM

FAU’s next four games will all be tough. We’ll see what happens.

RE: Could FAU win CUSA? - mturn017 - 10-08-2017 10:35 AM

Those western draws certainly won't help: UNT & LT

RE: Could FAU win CUSA? - HogDawg - 10-08-2017 12:29 PM

(10-08-2017 08:31 AM)Cnelson203 Wrote:  Too early to tell yet, but they are certainly an improved squad. I was surprised at their destruction of ODU. They have a tough 4 game schedule coming up with North Texas, at WKU, Marshall and at La Tech. If they make it through that group, then, obviously, yes, but each of those games will present challenges (for both sides, it seems.) At this point, I don't think we've seen enough to predict.

After what I saw yesterday, I would mark FAU about a 20-point favorite over LA Tech. It ain't even close.

RE: Could FAU win CUSA? - MT FAN - 10-08-2017 12:36 PM

I dont think so. FAU beat an overrated garbage ODU team and basically MT's second and third stringers. They will lose several more conference games.

RE: Could FAU win CUSA? - goliath74 - 10-08-2017 12:36 PM

Can FAU win C-USA East - yes, we can.
Will FAU win C-USA East - who knows. Marshall worries me. More specifically, their defense. It will certainly be better than the "best DL in the C-USA".

A question the answer to which I need to know is how much of this improvement should be attributed to Charlie Partridge's recruiting and how much - to Kiffin's coaching. I would like to think it's a bit of both.

RE: Could FAU win CUSA? - BlueraiderJT - 10-08-2017 12:43 PM

I've got FAU winning the east now because of one reason. The speed of how fast they call plays and snap the ball. It's on the Baylor and Mizzou level when they were good. Few teams can sub their defenses out before FAU snaps the ball. That killed us when we played them. The only reason they lost to Buffalo was because of a miscue on O. Well, they cleaned that up and the play sharpness is only getting better.

RE: Could FAU win CUSA? - Side Show Joe - 10-08-2017 01:47 PM

(10-08-2017 09:38 AM)USM@FTL Wrote:  The overall level of play in C-USA has improved, slowly. We have 11 teams fighting for bowl berths at this moment. That's really good. Marshall appears to be playing the best in the East. UNT out West. It's all still really wide open, so your answer is "Yes!".

^ This.

And, a good portion of these bowl contenders are young teams with up and coming coaches. If we can retain these successful coaches, next season our conference should only get better.