CSNbbs
2018 Football Schedule - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Eastern Michigan (/forum-478.html)
+----- Thread: 2018 Football Schedule (/thread-828545.html)

2018 Football Schedule - TheWoodenNickle - 09-28-2017 08:45 PM

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-18/2018-eastern-michigan-eagles-football-schedule.php

Interesting. Monmouth at home is good for a new QB. A trip to Purdue that could be fun. Across the country to SDSU and a late Oct game with Army at home. Also due to see Kent, Buff, and Akron from the East.

I like it.

RE: 2018 Football Schedule - emu steve - 09-29-2017 04:49 AM

Indeed. A couple very difficult games, SDSU and Pa due. Army is no pushover.

Hopefully we get some cupcakes from the MAC East.

RE: 2018 Football Schedule - NotAlexGillett - 09-29-2017 10:23 AM

Don't assume Buffalo is going to be first-year-under-Leipold bad next year. I actually think Buffalo's pretty good this year. Really promising defense. Tyree Jackson's a freak. Plus, his wide receivers (mostly Anthony Johnson) are pretty good to him. They don't lose any RBs next year, so they'll be experienced all-around on offense.

RE: 2018 Football Schedule - Luckeyone - 09-29-2017 01:42 PM

EMU is not consistently good just yet. We could beat anyone in this conference and lose to anyone too.

RE: 2018 Football Schedule - EagleTough - 09-29-2017 02:39 PM

Assuming we're going to see major changes to the offense next year. This year's green OLine, a 5th year QB with Roback's style and arm, we have no QB coming back next year that is anything like him. It will be really interesting to see how the QB battle shakes out next year. Would be great to have a true dual-threat guy to put extra pressure on defenses, and allow for a lot more creativity by the OC.

A guy like Bell was NOT a dual-threat QB (since he couldn't throw, haha), plus he was as brittle as a snowflake.

In a perfect world, both Jackson and Grissom show up next year (with the ability to complete passes) and give the staff 3 or 4 legitimate options in a wide open QB competition. I hear Glass is actually a pretty good QB, just small.

RE: 2018 Football Schedule - NotAlexGillett - 09-29-2017 03:36 PM

(09-29-2017 02:39 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  Assuming we're going to see major changes to the offense next year. This year's green OLine, a 5th year QB with Roback's style and arm, we have no QB coming back next year that is anything like him. It will be really interesting to see how the QB battle shakes out next year. Would be great to have a true dual-threat guy to put extra pressure on defenses, and allow for a lot more creativity by the OC.

A guy like Bell was NOT a dual-threat QB (since he couldn't throw, haha), plus he was as brittle as a snowflake.

In a perfect world, both Jackson and Grissom show up next year (with the ability to complete passes) and give the staff 3 or 4 legitimate options in a wide open QB competition. I hear Glass is actually a pretty good QB, just small.

I mean, Isaac Steibeling is second on the depth chart this year and will be a R-So. next season. I know we haven't seen any of the other QBs that will be fighting for next year's starting spot, but Steibeling ain't bad; he was one of the better prospects in the '16 class.

RE: 2018 Football Schedule - realistEagle - 09-29-2017 05:14 PM

Isn't Illinois one of the schools? Or did that deal fall through?

I liked that game - definitely another Rutgers like opportunity.

RE: 2018 Football Schedule - TheWoodenNickle - 09-29-2017 05:19 PM

(09-29-2017 03:36 PM)NotAlexGillett Wrote:  
(09-29-2017 02:39 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  Assuming we're going to see major changes to the offense next year. This year's green OLine, a 5th year QB with Roback's style and arm, we have no QB coming back next year that is anything like him. It will be really interesting to see how the QB battle shakes out next year. Would be great to have a true dual-threat guy to put extra pressure on defenses, and allow for a lot more creativity by the OC.

I mean, Isaac Steibeling is second on the depth chart this year and will be a R-So. next season. I know we haven't seen any of the other QBs that will be fighting for next year's starting spot, but Steibeling ain't bad; he was one of the better prospects in the '16 class.
I agree. Looking forward to see what that kid can do on the field.

RE: 2018 Football Schedule - EMU03' - 09-29-2017 07:09 PM

(09-29-2017 05:14 PM)realistEagle Wrote:  Isn't Illinois one of the schools? Or did that deal fall through?

I liked that game - definitely another Rutgers like opportunity.

at Illinois in 2019.

RE: 2018 Football Schedule - EagleTough - 09-29-2017 09:02 PM

(09-29-2017 03:36 PM)NotAlexGillett Wrote:  

Our current depth chart is basically a seniority thing. Nothing against Steibeling, he may or may not be our future QB, who knows.

We've got Roback, Steibeling, and 2 other guys that have been on campus for less than 3 months.