CSNbbs
Let's talk Marshall - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+------ Forum: Cincinnati Archives (/forum-932.html)
+------ Thread: Let's talk Marshall (/thread-828081.html)

Pages: 1 2

Let's talk Marshall - doss2 - 09-23-2017 07:56 PM

Beat Foreskiners 31-26
Lost to @NCS 37-20
Beat Kent 21-0 (scored 14 in 4th)

It is a must win to get to 6 as I no longer see us beating UCF.

RE: Let's talk Marshall - TubaCat - 09-23-2017 10:13 PM

Looking at their stats... they definitely like to throw the ball, and their rushing defense doesn't look too shabby. Much like the Navy game proved to be a good test of our passing game, I imagine Marshall will be a good test of our secondary. This will be our greatest concern IMO. If our secondary can't keep up, we will need Hayden and the receiving corps to step up like they did today. Today gives me some hope that, if it comes to that, we can be competitive.

If Mike Boone returns at 100% though, I'm not sure what to expect from their defense. Boone is hungry for that 1,000 yard season. He, Doaks, and Warren might be the best rushing offense they will see this season. Their short time of possession due to their pass-oriented offense and our grinding rushing offense could wear their defense pretty thin by the 4th quarter. In that case, I think we win handily by 2 touchdowns.

Prediction:
Bearcats 31
Thundering Herd 28

If Mike Boone is gonna Mike Boone:
Bearcats 42
Thundering Herd 28

RE: Let's talk Marshall - Bearcats#1 - 09-24-2017 07:36 AM

Marshall will bring a good amount of fans....make sure and hide the silverware

RE: Let's talk Marshall - doss2 - 09-24-2017 07:46 AM

Marshall passes 60% and runs 40%. The QB has 4 TD's and 3 Int's. Litton completes 60% with a 122 Rating.

Their FG kicker is 3 of 4 with his lone miss being from 40+

This is an absolute must win to get to 6. Beat Marshall for 3 then ECU and UConn is 5. Six comes from one of SMU, Tulane, Temple.

Cannot see beating UCF or USF.

RE: Let's talk Marshall - SuperFlyBCat - 09-24-2017 08:17 AM

(09-23-2017 10:13 PM)TubaCat Wrote:  Looking at their stats... they definitely like to throw the ball, and their rushing defense doesn't look too shabby. Much like the Navy game proved to be a good test of our passing game, I imagine Marshall will be a good test of our secondary. This will be our greatest concern IMO. If our secondary can't keep up, we will need Hayden and the receiving corps to step up like they did today. Today gives me some hope that, if it comes to that, we can be competitive.

If Mike Boone returns at 100% though, I'm not sure what to expect from their defense. Boone is hungry for that 1,000 yard season. He, Doaks, and Warren might be the best rushing offense they will see this season. Their short time of possession due to their pass-oriented offense and our grinding rushing offense could wear their defense pretty thin by the 4th quarter. In that case, I think we win handily by 2 touchdowns.

Prediction:
Bearcats 31
Thundering Herd 28

Bearcats 42
Thundering Herd 28

Even if Boone is fine, Doaks is going to continue to get more carries. Too bad we fell behind to Navy and had to start throwing every down. Doaks would have had a monster game.

RE: Let's talk Marshall - doss2 - 09-24-2017 10:36 AM

(09-24-2017 08:17 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(09-23-2017 10:13 PM)TubaCat Wrote:  Looking at their stats... they definitely like to throw the ball, and their rushing defense doesn't look too shabby. Much like the Navy game proved to be a good test of our passing game, I imagine Marshall will be a good test of our secondary. This will be our greatest concern IMO. If our secondary can't keep up, we will need Hayden and the receiving corps to step up like they did today. Today gives me some hope that, if it comes to that, we can be competitive.

Prediction:
Bearcats 31
Thundering Herd 28

Bearcats 42
Thundering Herd 28

Even if Boone is fine, Doaks is going to continue to get more carries. Too bad we fell behind to Navy and had to start throwing every down. Doaks would have had a monster game.

Is Boone really that much of an impact? We all remember him bursting onto the stage with the monster game vs USF.

Do you know how many TD's he has scored in 2016, 17?

Great promise but whether due to injury,etc. he has not fulfilled the expectations we had for him.

RE: Let's talk Marshall - OKIcat - 09-24-2017 11:46 AM

Prediction:
Bearcats 31
Thundering Herd 28

Bearcats 42
Thundering Herd 28

Bolded, great observation. A slow start for our QB and offense and Navy rips off two quick touchdowns and it appeared we were enroute to a blowout. I was encouraged again by UC's resilience along with a successful passing game. Shades of MI in the late 3rd quarter with UC just down three before the wheels came loose. I think most of us would take 2-2 right now given encouraging progress on the field.

Marshall: a must win. I believe the 'Cats take care of business at home but count on the Herd bringing a couple of thousand fans. In some ways, I think this game will be a bellwether for the remainder of the season. If UC wins this one and stays healthy I think they will their way to three more wins and a bowl. And it wouldn't surprise me if this bunch progresses to where they take down one of these early frontrunners in the AAC.

RE: Let's talk Marshall - TubaCat - 09-24-2017 11:59 AM

(09-24-2017 10:36 AM)doss2 Wrote:  

Prediction:
Bearcats 31
Thundering Herd 28

Bearcats 42
Thundering Herd 28

Is Boone really that much of an impact? We all remember him bursting onto the stage with the monster game vs USF.

Do you know how many TD's he has scored in 2016, 17?

Great promise but whether due to injury,etc. he has not fulfilled the expectations we had for him.

I chalk that up to injury in addition to "running back by committee."

RE: Let's talk Marshall - doss2 - 09-24-2017 05:50 PM

Marshall is a 4 to 5 point dog.

RE: Let's talk Marshall - The T-Shirt - 09-25-2017 01:52 PM

Student tix sold out this morning. Let's hope the rest of the stadium does the same. If you can make it, I hope that you do.

Wear red, Go Bearcats!

RE: Let's talk Marshall - Banter - 09-25-2017 02:49 PM

(09-25-2017 01:52 PM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  Student tix sold out this morning. Let's hope the rest of the stadium does the same. If you can make it, I hope that you do.

Wear red, Go Bearcats!

Hopefully the locals will realize there is a lot of heart and improvement with this team, and a packed Nippert could really help them this week.

RE: Let's talk Marshall - digibrink - 09-25-2017 06:27 PM

The next 3 home games are pivotal to the success of the season.

RE: Let's talk Marshall - Bearcat2012 - 09-28-2017 09:20 AM

Marshall Ticketing‏ @HerdTickets
We are SOLD OUT of our allotment for the @HerdFB vs. Cincinnati tickets for this weekend!

UC Ticket Office‏ @GoBearcatsTIX 21h21 hours ago
Limited tickets remain, so get yours NOW! #RingofRed

RE: Let's talk Marshall - OKIcat - 09-28-2017 09:28 AM

(09-28-2017 09:20 AM)Bearcat2012 Wrote:  Marshall Ticketing‏ @HerdTickets
We are SOLD OUT of our allotment for the @HerdFB vs. Cincinnati tickets for this weekend!

Just curious, does anyone recall what our visiting team ticket allotment is? Marshall brought lots of fans last time they played at Nippert. From my perspective, generally speaking, it's a nicer crowd than the WVU contingent.

RE: Let's talk Marshall - CliftonAve - 09-28-2017 09:40 AM

(09-28-2017 09:28 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  

Just curious, does anyone recall what our visiting team ticket allotment is? Marshall brought lots of fans last time they played at Nippert. From my perspective, generally speaking, it's a nicer crowd than the WVU contingent.

Not sure what the allotment was but the radio guy from Marshall was on 247 Podcast with Gametime and said he expected 3-4K Marshall fans to travel.

RE: Let's talk Marshall - doss2 - 09-28-2017 10:59 AM

(09-28-2017 09:40 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  

Not sure what the allotment was but the radio guy from Marshall was on 247 Podcast with Gametime and said he expected 3-4K Marshall fans to travel.

Lock up your valuables.

RE: Let's talk Marshall - fedale - 09-28-2017 01:09 PM

I'm expecting around 4k as well.

If we could have closed out against NC State, would be easily 5k.

After the BYE week I am more than ready to head up the AA and get tailgating.

RE: Let's talk Marshall - BearcatBeta - 09-28-2017 01:10 PM

(09-28-2017 10:59 AM)doss2 Wrote:  
(09-28-2017 09:40 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  

Lock up your valuables.

You are confusing Marshall with WVU. Mountaineers seem to all have the personality of their players

RE: Let's talk Marshall - Banter - 09-28-2017 01:35 PM

Last time we hosted Marshall was the last time students were allowed to use their ID's for entrance into the game. I remember they let too many students into the game, and people were forced to stand in aisles and anywhere they could find a place. I believe that was 2007.

RE: Let's talk Marshall - OKIcat - 09-28-2017 01:53 PM

Weather will be terrific; Marshall will bring more fans than any visiting team this year (by far) so it should be a full house.