CSNbbs
Neil deGrasse Tyson on Climate Change and denial - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Neil deGrasse Tyson on Climate Change and denial (/thread-827554.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Neil deGrasse Tyson on Climate Change and denial - Marc Mensa - 09-18-2017 11:30 AM

RE: Neil deGrasse Tyson on Climate Change and denial - No Bull - 09-18-2017 11:50 AM

Fareed is very kind when speaking with black people. Fareed only bares his fangs for those who do not have enough pigment in their skin...

RE: Neil deGrasse Tyson on Climate Change and denial - Bull_Is_Back - 09-18-2017 11:50 AM

I can't wait until they have one of these shows in a year with no landfall hurricanes and ask "did global warming cause no land fall hurricanes this year".

Is Tyson literally saying the media is enabling "deniers"

RE: Neil deGrasse Tyson on Climate Change and denial - EverRespect - 09-18-2017 11:53 AM

Gotta say this is at the bottom of my list in importance. What a waste of brainpower.

RE: Neil deGrasse Tyson on Climate Change and denial - Marc Mensa - 09-18-2017 11:55 AM

(09-18-2017 11:53 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  Gotta say this is at the bottom of my list in importance. What a waste of brainpower.

Especially if you don't have it to lose...

RE: Neil deGrasse Tyson on Climate Change and denial - SuperFlyBCat - 09-18-2017 11:55 AM

I thought Neil was an astrophysicist, not a weather climate guy.

RE: Neil deGrasse Tyson on Climate Change and denial - No Bull - 09-18-2017 12:00 PM

(09-18-2017 11:55 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  I thought Neil was an astrophysicist, not a weather climate guy.

exactly... nauseating watching nasty ass Fareed make goo goo eyes at deGrasse...

Fareed is such a liberal attack dog. racists POS to boot..

RE: Neil deGrasse Tyson on Climate Change and denial - fsquid - 09-18-2017 12:00 PM

(09-18-2017 11:55 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  I thought Neil was an astrophysicist, not a weather climate guy.

I'd imagine he can still talk about the topic with some level of confidence.

RE: Neil deGrasse Tyson on Climate Change and denial - Dasville - 09-18-2017 12:14 PM

(09-18-2017 12:00 PM)fsquid Wrote:  

I'd imagine he can still talk about the topic with some level of confidence.

Not in the science community but for sure for those that fund PBS. I'd say Neil and Bill Nye are on equal footing. In fact, I would love to see a poll as to who is the best representative of the "Science" community.

RE: Neil deGrasse Tyson on Climate Change and denial - Dasville - 09-18-2017 12:34 PM

Neil's take......sponsored by (fill in your insurance company)

Liability is thy name.[/i]

RE: Neil deGrasse Tyson on Climate Change and denial - HeartOfDixie - 09-18-2017 12:55 PM

I don't understand the need to take anything Tyson says as gospel.

I will say that his laughing at Mr. CNN while saying that he is in fact part of the press was deeper and more hilarious than it appeared at first.

RE: Neil deGrasse Tyson on Climate Change and denial - Kronke - 09-18-2017 03:21 PM

Tyson knows that there was a high pressure system that kept Harvey sitting on Houston, pushed it back out to the gulf, and back in again. Shame on him for acting stupid and unable to comprehend the 50 inches of rain.

RE: Neil deGrasse Tyson on Climate Change and denial - Owl 69/70/75 - 09-18-2017 03:34 PM

(09-18-2017 03:21 PM)Kronke Wrote:  Tyson knows that there was a high pressure system that kept Harvey sitting on Houston, pushed it back out to the gulf, and back in again. Shame on him for acting stupid and unable to comprehend the 50 inches of rain.

That was the unique aspect that made Harvey so destructive. And that almost certainly had nothing to do with global warming.

But Tyson has an agenda to sell. What difference does honesty make when you can stir up a frenzy to advance your narrative?

RE: Neil deGrasse Tyson on Climate Change and denial - Kaplony - 09-18-2017 03:37 PM

(09-18-2017 03:34 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(09-18-2017 03:21 PM)Kronke Wrote:  Tyson knows that there was a high pressure system that kept Harvey sitting on Houston, pushed it back out to the gulf, and back in again. Shame on him for acting stupid and unable to comprehend the 50 inches of rain.

That was the unique aspect that made Harvey so destructive. And that almost certainly had nothing to do with global warming.

But Tyson has an agenda to sell. What difference does honesty make when you can stir up a frenzy to advance your narrative?

Yup. Straight out of the leftist playbook
Quote:You never let a serious crisis go to waste.
-Rahm Emanuel

RE: Neil deGrasse Tyson on Climate Change and denial - Fo Shizzle - 09-19-2017 05:49 AM

I lost respect for Tyson because of this. He should simply stay out of this argument. Neither storm had anything to do with climate change.

RE: Neil deGrasse Tyson on Climate Change and denial - ericsrevenge76 - 09-19-2017 07:12 AM

The Sun is also having a a wild series of storms and eruptions. Our carbon emissions from the 70's and 80's are probably just now reaching the sun. lol

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/853153/solar-flare-storm-radiation-warning-nasa

RE: Neil deGrasse Tyson on Climate Change and denial - Marc Mensa - 09-19-2017 08:01 AM

(09-19-2017 05:49 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  I lost respect for Tyson because of this. He should simply stay out of this argument. Neither storm had anything to do with climate change.

He's a scientist and is going to represent the viewpoint of the overwhelming majority of the scientific community. There is no reason for him to stay out of the argument, not because of his scientific background, but because of his understanding of the scientific method and the consensus of study on this topic. Outside of the easily influenced American right, there is not a whole lot of scientific debate on man made global warming.

RE: Neil deGrasse Tyson on Climate Change and denial - EverRespect - 09-19-2017 08:13 AM

(09-19-2017 08:01 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  
(09-19-2017 05:49 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  I lost respect for Tyson because of this. He should simply stay out of this argument. Neither storm had anything to do with climate change.

He's a scientist and is going to represent the viewpoint of the overwhelming majority of the scientific community. There is no reason for him to stay out of the argument, not because of his scientific background, but because of his understanding of the scientific method and the consensus of study on this topic. Outside of the easily influenced American right, there is not a whole lot of scientific debate on man made global warming.

Assuming this is true solely for the sake of argument, why isn't your side focused on developing engineering solutions and infrastructure? I mean, if we know every city on the East Coast is going to be under water in 20 years, why aren't we talking to the Dutch, learning how they keep their country dry, and adapting? Doesn't that make more sense than wasting that money by sending it to the UN climate fund?

RE: Neil deGrasse Tyson on Climate Change and denial - Marc Mensa - 09-19-2017 08:37 AM

(09-19-2017 08:13 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  

Assuming this is true solely for the sake of argument, why isn't your side focused on developing engineering solutions and infrastructure? I mean, if we know every city on the East Coast is going to be under water in 20 years, why aren't we talking to the Dutch, learning how they keep their country dry, and adapting? Doesn't that make more sense than wasting that money by sending it to the UN climate fund?

I think that's where we're headed. Its about time to stop trying to convince the unconvinceable and start building dikes and dams. The problem is the funding will have to be approved by bi-partisan votes and how do you get people who do not believe in global warming to spend billions to protect from the effects?

RE: Neil deGrasse Tyson on Climate Change and denial - Dasville - 09-19-2017 09:04 AM

(09-19-2017 08:37 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  
(09-19-2017 08:13 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  

I think that's where we're headed. Its about time to stop trying to convince the unconvinceable and start building dikes and dams. The problem is the funding will have to be approved by bi-partisan votes and how do you get people who do not believe in global warming to spend billions to protect from the effects?

Build that wall!