CSNbbs
From Nevada Musings - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: From Nevada Musings (/thread-826765.html)

From Nevada Musings - UT! - 09-10-2017 12:37 PM

- Nevada was a big strong team... watching them come out the run way.
- Stadium was less than great... hodge podge metal.. Track around field..Down and distance was not working entire game...

- Fans were terrific, asking us about our team.. most kept saying "take it easy on us" like they knew we were pretty good
- game reminded me of Amstutz days... sloppy game

-UT was in the hot sun most the game, they were in shade... huge temp diff had to have an affect

- They pushed our o line around a bit , I think we will improve
-Our line backers are suspect, Jack Linch could/should start next game... Woodley fine others are not physical at all. Whitmer kid desrves it in my opinion only

-Dline coming around, long way to go, No real push by DTs... Moore needs to be the buttkicker we need to see

- This team does compete
-DBs are physical and tackle and are young,,, may have gotten beat once but man they hit... fun to watch

we will soon be 3-0 good work Rockets and CC

RE: From Nevada Musings - Rocket_Fanatic - 09-10-2017 12:55 PM

Next Sat will probably be a shootout. Should be entertaining...

RE: From Nevada Musings - JCannon21 - 09-10-2017 07:11 PM

(09-10-2017 12:55 PM)Rocket_Fanatic Wrote:  Next Sat will probably be a shootout. Should be entertaining...

By a Tulsa team that gave up 42 to Louisiana?? I'm not so sure.

RE: From Nevada Musings - NewMex RocketFan - 09-10-2017 08:19 PM

If anyone is at Frickers Monday for the coaches show please ask Coach Candle NOT to run Logan - PLEASE!!!!!

RE: From Nevada Musings - NewMex RocketFan - 09-10-2017 08:20 PM

OL did a good job most of the game in the running game - longest gain from LOS was 13 yards I believe; really struggled near the goal line. There is work to do.

RE: From Nevada Musings - NewMex RocketFan - 09-10-2017 08:22 PM

Kudos to the secondary for finally making adjustments and shutting down #1 after a half a dozen catches. He was the fastest person on the field and he got loose way too many times in the first three quarters

RE: From Nevada Musings - eastisbest - 09-10-2017 09:02 PM

That the Reno freshman? He's going to be a good one. Their QB made some good passes, would have counted against anyone. I also thought the secondary did a good job closing on the receiver.

RE: From Nevada Musings - Toledo Football 1st - 09-10-2017 09:51 PM

Next Saturday will be a shootout. Tulsa's D is soft, but Louisiana is not that bad a team. Tulsa's offense is not the same as last year; they lost their QB, RB, and 2 WR's. They are still talented, though. They are going to gash us on the ground. Their QB is not as good as Woodside, but he's versatile and can hurt you a lot of ways. They're going to present some things that we are not used to. Their kicker is good and can put it in the end one, so that could negate our return game. I think they only punted a couple times against Louisiana. The punter can boom it, but I don't know how consistent he is. I don't think we want to get off to a slow start against this team.

RE: From Nevada Musings - ToledoMike - 09-11-2017 12:14 PM

(09-10-2017 08:19 PM)NewMex RocketFan Wrote:  If anyone is at Frickers Monday for the coaches show please ask Coach Candle NOT to run Logan - PLEASE!!!!!

2nd'ed!!!! We would have got the first down on the one play that I recall.

Also, please ask about the health of Swanson and Thompkins...why didn't they play at the end of the game?

RE: From Nevada Musings - MidnightBlueGold - 09-11-2017 06:31 PM

(09-10-2017 12:37 PM)UT! Wrote:  - Stadium was less than great... hodge podge metal.. Track around field..Down and distance was not working entire game...
That was a weird stadium, to say the least. On the visitors side they had zero concession stands and bathrooms, with only some port-a-potties. All the concessions/bathrooms being behind the end zones was odd

(09-10-2017 12:37 PM)UT! Wrote:  -UT was in the hot sun most the game, they were in shade... huge temp diff had to have an affect
That sun was BRUTAL. Didn't bring a hat with me on this trip, forgot my sunglasses in the car. Was difficult to see until the sun finally went down.

RE: From Nevada Musings - eastisbest - 09-11-2017 07:20 PM

(09-11-2017 06:31 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 12:37 PM)UT! Wrote:  - Stadium was less than great... hodge podge metal.. Track around field..Down and distance was not working entire game...
That was a weird stadium, to say the least. On the visitors side they had zero concession stands and bathrooms, with only some port-a-potties. All the concessions/bathrooms being behind the end zones was odd

(09-10-2017 12:37 PM)UT! Wrote:  -UT was in the hot sun most the game, they were in shade... huge temp diff had to have an affect
That sun was BRUTAL. Didn't bring a hat with me on this trip, forgot my sunglasses in the car. Was difficult to see until the sun finally went down.

Thin air didn't help much I imagine. Always seems a bit more blistering at altitude, even that little bit.

RE: From Nevada Musings - Toledo Football 1st - 09-11-2017 10:16 PM

So, basically, like an upgraded Doyt?

RE: From Nevada Musings - Rocket_Fanatic - 09-11-2017 10:40 PM

(09-11-2017 10:16 PM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  

Much better than the Doyt but I guess since it was a MWC program that has had some success, I guess I expected more.

RE: From Nevada Musings - inductchuck16 - 09-13-2017 12:12 AM

(09-11-2017 10:40 PM)Rocket_Fanatic Wrote:  
(09-11-2017 10:16 PM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  

Much better than the Doyt but I guess since it was a MWC program that has had some success, I guess I expected more.

Looked like crap on TV. Turf and all. Are they making a return trip or are we done with Nevada?

RE: From Nevada Musings - Rocket_Fanatic - 09-13-2017 03:22 PM

They come here next season

RE: From Nevada Musings - Toledo Football 1st - 09-13-2017 08:05 PM

One thing I noticed watching our game at Nevada and the Tulsa/Louisiana game was how thin the crowd was. So, we're not the only ones with attendance issues.

RE: From Nevada Musings - pono - 09-14-2017 01:48 AM

(09-13-2017 08:05 PM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  One thing I noticed watching our game at Nevada and the Tulsa/Louisiana game was how thin the crowd was. So, we're not the only ones with attendance issues.

college football as a community event is on the way out. yeah, some of the big programs are and will continue to flourish but the game has been largely turned into a TV product. for mid major and small schools the tradition of saturday afternoon or evening football games that have a good pace and are done in 2 1/2 hours is over.

We are now seeing the results of the first generation raised on midweek games, late nights, 4 hour contests, replay delays, 3 minute tv breaks, tv over saturation...and not that many of them have fallen in love with football and now they are having kids and not going to the game with them (or without them). meanwhile, the older loyal fan base is dying out. it leaves a lot of middle aged fans who like going to the games but are also spoiled with tv wondering why the crowds are dwindling while they mostly stay home watching on tv.

RE: From Nevada Musings - T-Town - 09-14-2017 07:18 AM

(09-14-2017 01:48 AM)pono Wrote:  
(09-13-2017 08:05 PM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  One thing I noticed watching our game at Nevada and the Tulsa/Louisiana game was how thin the crowd was. So, we're not the only ones with attendance issues.

college football as a community event is on the way out. yeah, some of the big programs are and will continue to flourish but the game has been largely turned into a TV product. for mid major and small schools the tradition of saturday afternoon or evening football games that have a good pace and are done in 2 1/2 hours is over.

We are now seeing the results of the first generation raised on midweek games, late nights, 4 hour contests, replay delays, 3 minute tv breaks, tv over saturation...and not that many of them have fallen in love with football and now they are having kids and not going to the game with them (or without them). meanwhile, the older loyal fan base is dying out. it leaves a lot of middle aged fans who like going to the games but are also spoiled with tv wondering why the crowds are dwindling while they mostly stay home watching on tv.

Nice analysis. College football is no longer a true sport. The thirst for big TV dollars have made it just another facet of TV entertainment programming. At some point this supersaturation of 24-7 exposure will eventually do for college FB what it is finally beginning to do for NFL football.

RE: From Nevada Musings - Rocket A - 09-14-2017 08:02 PM

Announced attendance 18K+.

Took 3 hours to play first 3 quarters.

Baked in the sun.

RE: From Nevada Musings - inductchuck16 - 09-17-2017 12:53 AM

Nevada lost tonight to FCS Idaho State at home 03-banghead