CSNbbs
Ohio Game - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Eastern Michigan (/forum-478.html)
+----- Thread: Ohio Game (/thread-826732.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Ohio Game - emu steve - 09-15-2017 04:47 PM

(09-15-2017 04:12 PM)EAGLE KING Wrote:  
(09-15-2017 03:46 PM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  I think that clause has expired. This is the last year of his contract. Either gets a new contract after the season or gets the can.

Ohh I'm not positive but I thought it was always there. I could be wrong. Either way whoever his agent is that was able to get that written in his contract is a genius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lost interest in that subject, but I thought he earned a 'tack on' year for any year he won 20 games OR made a post season tourney.

That is why the post season tourneys, even the minor ones, got so contentious. Some cost money (say 50K) and would trigger the one year extension.

It was known (I have this on reliable account) that Heather did not want his contract extended so no post season.

And, of course, we have a 'new sheriff' in town so who knows.

Now that I'm 'talking' I do understand that Murphy had a better relationship with Christian. There were problems between Heather and others in MBB such as Murphy reportedly Brown, etc. (I was surprised, but not shocked when Brown was let go). I had heard vibes...

To 'close the circle': I have no idea what the relationship between the new AD and Murphy is.

That said, in athletics, like most anything else in the world of work, relationships between an employee and his or her superior is important. One day one boss and relationship and then a new boss and a new relationship.

I sense that CC and Scott are on the same page. As far as MBB, we are in the off season so I wouldn't know...

RE: Ohio Game - emu79 - 09-15-2017 04:52 PM

The difference between CC and the Sphinx aka Murphy is that Murphy recruits above average athletic players but doesn't coach them up to their potential. This could be due to his love of his system although there is no system known to man where you can play one on five and win. Think of Lee and Mangum. Murphy's past recruits would be problem children to CC. This year's class though to Murphy's credit actually appears character wise to be better and maybe maybe they'll just learn to play TEAM basketball and surprise us all. Honestly Murphy has been a winning coach a rarity in men's basketball in several decades and in major sports at EMU. I hope the new AD will realize that Murphy didn't go for the easy fixes this time to keep his job and give him one or two years to see what this young team can do. CC on the other hand takes lower rated recruits put them into a system where they can succeed and through mutual hard work and good coaching you can see the results. And he is particular about a player's character and doesn't recruit rehab projects or potential trouble. And he is much more a stricter discipline than Murphy.

RE: Ohio Game - emu79 - 09-15-2017 04:54 PM

CC seems accessible and in tune with the students. He showed respect to student protesters during the Wyoming game, went door to door to ask students to attend the game. I don't know how many will show up for Ohio U but even if they don't like sports or attend them, I think they respect as a coach and as a person.

By the way if the weather is good I expect a solid crowd for Ohio U.

RE: Ohio Game - emu79 - 09-15-2017 04:56 PM

(09-15-2017 04:47 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(09-15-2017 04:12 PM)EAGLE KING Wrote:  
(09-15-2017 03:46 PM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  I think that clause has expired. This is the last year of his contract. Either gets a new contract after the season or gets the can.

Ohh I'm not positive but I thought it was always there. I could be wrong. Either way whoever his agent is that was able to get that written in his contract is a genius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lost interest in that subject, but I thought he earned a 'tack on' year for any year he won 20 games OR made a post season tourney.

That is why the post season tourneys, even the minor ones, got so contentious. Some cost money (say 50K) and would trigger the one year extension.

It was known (I have this on reliable account) that Heather did not want his contract extended so no post season.

And, of course, we have a 'new sheriff' in town so who knows.

Now that I'm 'talking' I do understand that Murphy had a better relationship with Christian. There were problems between Heather and others in MBB such as Murphy reportedly Brown, etc. (I was surprised, but not shocked when Brown was let go). I had heard vibes...

To 'close the circle': I have no idea what the relationship between the new AD and Murphy is.

That said, in athletics, like most anything else in the world of work, relationships between an employee and his or her superior is important. One day one boss and relationship and then a new boss and a new relationship.

I sense that CC and Scott are on the same page. As far as MBB, we are in the off season so I wouldn't know...

Maybe Murphy and the new staff can be on double secret probation?

RE: Ohio Game - emu steve - 09-16-2017 05:47 AM

Getting back to FB.

Today is GameDay: Bye (week).

At noon on ESPNU is Kansas @ Ohio.

Plenty of other future opponent games also on television including an interesting NIU @ Nebraska.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/scoreboard/_/group/15/year/2017/seasontype/2/week/3

RE: Ohio Game - TheWoodenNickle - 09-17-2017 08:31 AM

The 2 p.m. start basically screws me out of attending. I'm sure it does others too. Attending my kids sporting events takes priority though. 6 or 7 p.m. would be much better. I don't care if it's band day either. Toledo just pulled off band day with a night game.

Who picked this start time? ESPN?

RE: Ohio Game - emu steve - 09-17-2017 11:31 AM

(09-17-2017 08:31 AM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  The 2 p.m. start basically screws me out of attending. I'm sure it does others too. Attending my kids sporting events takes priority though. 6 or 7 p.m. would be much better. I don't care if it's band day either. Toledo just pulled off band day with a night game.

Who picked this start time? ESPN?

Yes, ESPN has the right to set game times if they choose.

That said, I don't know IF ESPN or EMU choose the time.

RE: Ohio Game - emu steve - 09-17-2017 11:46 AM

According to the ratings in the Sagarins, Saturday's game should be a pick em game.

EMU might be a 1 point favorite, but it could be even or even Ohio by 1.

I'm not trying to predict which team will be the favorite but simply say the game is essentially even. So don't be surprised who the favorite is. I don't know.

On paper, Ohio would be by say 2 or 3 points, but EMU is the home team so the game should be about even according to our friends in Vegas.

I would be shocked if either team is say a 3 point favorite.

I went to vegasinsider.com and there are no posted odds yet for week #4 games.

RE: Ohio Game - emu steve - 09-17-2017 07:28 PM

We are a 2.5 point favorite. I'm a little surprised. Wouldn't be surprised to see the spread change some.

RE: Ohio Game - EagleTough - 09-17-2017 09:44 PM

Win the turnover battle and clean up the stupid penalties and we win.

Offense should hopefully be better going into the third game now, with 2 weeks to prepare.

About time for Aristilde to have a breakout game, and Turner to get 15 touches.

Big, big week to get a conference win against a good opponent. Kentucky made a statement by beating South Carolina on the road to get to 3-0.

RE: Ohio Game - george14 - 09-19-2017 10:13 AM

Ohio is one of those teams where they will look amazing one week, then look terrible the next. Maybe I am biased because for some reason CMU has always had their number (24-5 or something like that). They do not impress me that much, but this should be a tight game. Coin flip.

RE: Ohio Game - FrankAnderson - 09-20-2017 11:08 AM

Rourke is named the starter at QB for Ohio, but I have a feeling we'll at least see a little of Maxwell.

RE: Ohio Game - EagleTough - 09-20-2017 02:04 PM

(09-20-2017 11:08 AM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  Rourke is named the starter at QB for Ohio, but I have a feeling we'll at least see a little of Maxwell.

Who played the first 2 games? Have they rotated?

RE: Ohio Game - FrankAnderson - 09-20-2017 03:13 PM

Rourke has taken the bulk of snaps but Maxwell has played some every game.

RE: Ohio Game - Ken Barna - 09-20-2017 06:43 PM

Dear Friends,
What FrankAnderson has said is correct. I watched the Ohio Kansas game and both quarterbacks saw action, and it didn't seem that it was done because one or the other messed up. I think Coach Solich just looks for/at certain situations, and then decides who he is going to send into the game.

RE: Ohio Game - emu steve - 09-21-2017 07:47 AM

FWIW, it will be pretty warm Saturday and the effect will probably be on the DL.

As that is our strongest position, the heat may help, not hurt us.

And I agree that Rourke is that starter but Solich played both against Kansas, and could do the same vs. us.

RE: Ohio Game - FrankAnderson - 09-21-2017 11:50 AM

Detroir News article on Antoine Porter: https://t.co/xRbNTWK7Mg?amp=1

RE: Ohio Game - NotAlexGillett - 09-21-2017 11:54 AM

Solich likes to run the read option as his offense's bread & butter, which Rourke does a better job at. Maxwell will get his snaps, but he's probably limited to 8 pass attempts at most.

RE: Ohio Game - emu steve - 09-21-2017 03:47 PM

We got the media believing in us...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/2017/09/21/detroit-news-college-football-picks-week/105842950/

RE: Ohio Game - TheWoodenNickle - 09-21-2017 05:29 PM

(09-21-2017 03:47 PM)emu steve Wrote:  We got the media believing in us...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/2017/09/21/detroit-news-college-football-picks-week/105842950/
Nice to see some action in the Detroit news. Meanwhile, MLive is nowhere to be seen. I really loathe that organization.