CSNbbs
Demetrius Market leaves football team - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt West Team Talk (/forum-290.html)
+----- Forum: Southern Miss (/forum-447.html)
+----- Thread: Demetrius Market leaves football team (/thread-826416.html)

Pages: 1 2

Demetrius Market leaves football team - techdawg88 - 09-06-2017 09:55 PM

Sophomore defensive back Demetrius Market has left the Southern Miss football team.

Market confirmed his departure with the Hattiesburg American Wednesday afternoon.

The former three-star recruit out of South Panola made 12 appearances at cornerback for the Golden Eagles as a true freshman last season. He totaled four tackles in 2016. Market participated in last week’s 24-17 loss to Kentucky but did not register any stats.

http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/story/sports/college/southern-miss/blitz/2017/09/06/demetrius-market-leaves-southern-miss-football-team/638772001/?cookies=&from=global

RE: Demetrius Market leaves football team - va-eagle - 09-07-2017 07:17 AM

(09-06-2017 09:55 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  Sophomore defensive back Demetrius Market has left the Southern Miss football team.

Market confirmed his departure with the Hattiesburg American Wednesday afternoon.

The former three-star recruit out of South Panola made 12 appearances at cornerback for the Golden Eagles as a true freshman last season. He totaled four tackles in 2016. Market participated in last week’s 24-17 loss to Kentucky but did not register any stats.

http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/story/sports/college/southern-miss/blitz/2017/09/06/demetrius-market-leaves-southern-miss-football-team/638772001/?cookies=&from=global

We would have needed him next season.

RE: Demetrius Market leaves football team - DaSaintFan - 09-07-2017 07:47 AM

Does the article give a reason? (It gives me the "complimentary... expired" bit).

RE: Demetrius Market leaves football team - Up2stuff - 09-07-2017 11:09 AM

(09-07-2017 07:17 AM)va-eagle Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 09:55 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  Sophomore defensive back Demetrius Market has left the Southern Miss football team.

We would have needed him next season.

Hopefully not. 04-cheers

Quote:The team currently has four verbal commitments from defensive backs: high schoolers Curry Benn and Malik Shorts, as well as junior college prospects Ty Williams and Denzel Washington. 

RE: Demetrius Market leaves football team - Reggie Favre - 09-07-2017 12:22 PM

(09-07-2017 07:47 AM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  Does the article give a reason? (It gives me the "complimentary... expired" bit).

It alludes that the reason was bc he wasn't getting enough playing time / was the backup.

RE: Demetrius Market leaves football team - Bleacher Eagle - 09-07-2017 12:39 PM

(09-07-2017 12:22 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  It alludes that the reason was bc he wasn't getting enough playing time / was the backup.

According to the depth chart for the UK game, he was the 2nd team rover as a true sophomore playing behind a redshirt senior. Leaving now doesn't make sense. According to his 247 recruiting profile, we were his only offer. Yet, here he is in position to see legitimate playing time in all four seasons with a serious chance to start his Jr. & Sr. seasons.

RE: Demetrius Market leaves football team - eagle04 - 09-07-2017 01:28 PM

(09-07-2017 12:39 PM)Bleacher Eagle Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 12:22 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  It alludes that the reason was bc he wasn't getting enough playing time / was the backup.

According to the depth chart for the UK game, he was the 2nd team rover as a true sophomore playing behind a redshirt senior. Leaving now doesn't make sense. According to his 247 recruiting profile, we were his only offer. Yet, here he is in position to see legitimate playing time in all four seasons with a serious chance to start his Jr. & Sr. seasons.

Yeah something doesn't jive there.

RE: Demetrius Market leaves football team - Reggie Favre - 09-07-2017 04:47 PM

Idk. Reading the article i think it said he lost pt to a true freshman at corner and was moved to saftey

RE: Demetrius Market leaves football team - Eagle9 - 09-07-2017 05:40 PM

He's a south panola kid. They have a long history of this kind of thing after high school. They've had a ton of great HS Players/recruits. But it seems like a disproportionate amount of them never do anything in college. The kid wasn't getting the playing time he wanted after 1 game of his sophomore season and left. He was undersized and a step slow and wouldn't have been a great player anyway.

RE: Demetrius Market leaves football team - Up2stuff - 09-21-2017 11:54 AM

According to Munz he has reached out to the coaches to come back to the team. Not sure if he will be allowed to return or not.

Munz

RE: Demetrius Market leaves football team - Bleacher Eagle - 09-21-2017 06:57 PM

(09-21-2017 11:54 AM)Up2stuff Wrote:  According to Munz he has reached out to the coaches to come back to the team. Not sure if he will be allowed to return or not.
Let the team vote on it. They’re the ones he quit on.

RE: Demetrius Market leaves football team - stinkfist - 09-21-2017 07:34 PM

if I'm Hop and he was sincere.....

....he'd wear a t-shirt to class every single day that stated, "I will do my best to earn the respect of my classmates, teammates, and will demonstrate 'humility and respect' to all until I graduate!"

anything else is unacceptable in my book......I don't give two shites how good he could become on the field of play.....if he could agree to that, he becomes better at both life and anything else....

RE: Demetrius Market leaves football team - TTT - 09-21-2017 07:49 PM

I want to see an effin’ CUSA champ trophy raised in December at THE ROCK! If this kid helps our chances than bring him back ASAP.

TTT...

RE: Demetrius Market leaves football team - stinkfist - 09-21-2017 07:53 PM

(09-21-2017 07:49 PM)TTT Wrote:  I want to see an effin’ CUSA champ trophy raised in December at THE ROCK! If this kid helps our chances than bring him back ASAP.

TTT...

how are deandre and battery boy doing these days.....and this kid is not even close to their league.....

phuck that!

that'd be a great precedent to set.....

RE: Demetrius Market leaves football team - TTT - 09-21-2017 08:10 PM

Again, I want a championship. Eff setting precedents...this isn’t 2011 anymore. Setting precedents leads to this kid going to UAB or LT and him burning us in 2 years and we all get pissed at Hop, because that’s what we do. We need to win and win fast. If this kid gives us a better chance of winning the conference then let him back on.

RE: Demetrius Market leaves football team - stinkfist - 09-21-2017 08:32 PM

(09-21-2017 08:10 PM)TTT Wrote:  Again, I want a championship. Eff setting precedents...this isn’t 2011 anymore. Setting precedents leads to this kid going to UAB or LT and him burning us in 2 years and we all get pissed at Hop, because that’s what we do. We need to win and win fast. If this kid gives us a better chance of winning the conference then let him back on.

we'll agree to disagree on this one.....g-nite....

RE: Demetrius Market leaves football team - TTT - 09-21-2017 08:40 PM

04-cheers

RE: Demetrius Market leaves football team - eaglebeaver - 09-21-2017 08:50 PM

(09-21-2017 08:40 PM)TTT Wrote:  04-cheers

WHAT'S THE ATTENDANCE IN THE PHOTO, 29,000? 04-cheers

RE: Demetrius Market leaves football team - TheChosenOne - 09-21-2017 09:32 PM

(09-21-2017 06:57 PM)Bleacher Eagle Wrote:  
(09-21-2017 11:54 AM)Up2stuff Wrote:  According to Munz he has reached out to the coaches to come back to the team. Not sure if he will be allowed to return or not.
Let the team vote on it. They’re the ones he quit on.

Agreed. If the team and coaches except him back all others should as well. He should face his team mates to plead his case. If they're okay with it, so am I.

RE: Demetrius Market leaves football team - Up2stuff - 09-22-2017 07:46 AM

Maybe I'm just getting soft. But I think it should come down to the reason he left in the first place. That and what kind of kid (attitude, class room, teammate, etc.) he was while he was on the team. I'm not sure we know everything behind his leaving. We should remember these are still 18-22 year olds going through some of the biggest changes faced in life. I don't know the details on him. If he was a good kid and a good teammate, I'd rather see a kid like that given a second chance vs. someone that's been in trouble with the law. It's not like he was called out for rape or something.

Bottom line - I have to trust the coaches call on this since they certainly know more details than I do. 04-cheers