CSNbbs
4ever Movie - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SoConbbs (/forum-266.html)
+---- Forum: SoCon Team Talk (/forum-944.html)
+----- Forum: ETSU (/forum-335.html)
+------ Forum: Buc Basketball (/forum-339.html)
+------ Thread: 4ever Movie (/thread-826186.html)

Pages: 1 2

4ever Movie - Bucster - 09-04-2017 08:16 PM

Anyone know anything about this? Looks like Mister is helping produce a movie about the early 90's team.
http://the4evermovie.com/

4ever Movie - queenladybug817 - 09-05-2017 06:11 AM

I'm a sucker for sports movies. This could be fun.

RE: 4ever Movie - posterformerlyknownasthedoctor - 10-30-2019 09:41 AM

Debuts Friday night at Ball Hall (Art building auditorium). $10.

Here it is.............

I think they misspelled "Trazel", but they should know better than I.

RE: 4ever Movie - RodShaw2 - 10-30-2019 11:35 AM

Why would they put premier on the same day AND time as the first exhibition game? The premier of the new team.
The are appealing to basketball fans and asking them to miss a game.

RE: 4ever Movie - posterformerlyknownasthedoctor - 10-30-2019 11:45 AM

(10-30-2019 11:35 AM)RodShaw2 Wrote:  Why would they put premier on the same day AND time as the first exhibition game? The premier of the new team.
The are appealing to basketball fans and asking them to miss a game.

I agree. I almost wrote that, too. Somebody mis-fired on this.

RE: 4ever Movie - squeak - 10-30-2019 02:22 PM

Should’ve premiered it in Freedom Hall after the game. They probably would’ve had help from the athletic department. I would’ve stayed and watched.

RE: 4ever Movie - Buc76 - 10-30-2019 06:42 PM

Just maybe the exhibition game was scheduled after the movie was scheduled.

RE: 4ever Movie - BaseballPops - 10-30-2019 09:17 PM

(10-30-2019 06:42 PM)Buc76 Wrote:  Just maybe the exhibition game was scheduled after the movie was scheduled.

I'd say your right 76', however my question is could we not have adjusted the date to a day later so as to not interfere with the premier?

I would wager that our opponent, the mighty Limestone College, might have been willing to come on Saturday the 2nd instead of Friday 1st. I mean it's not like it's one of the higher major schools lined up on our home slate such as the Ivory Keys of Mapes' Institute of Piano Tuning or the Steed Business College Stallions.

RE: 4ever Movie - squeak - 10-31-2019 01:04 AM

Why not move it on over to the Hall. What would be the logistics? Again, the fans are already there. Shouldn't be a big deal.

RE: 4ever Movie - posterformerlyknownasthedoctor - 10-31-2019 11:13 AM

(10-31-2019 01:04 AM)squeak Wrote:  Why not move it on over to the Hall. What would be the logistics? Again, the fans are already there. Shouldn't be a big deal.

But it's a 2-hour movie. And how could they set up a 'truly' big screen there? Doubt it could be done.

RE: 4ever Movie - posterformerlyknownasthedoctor - 10-31-2019 11:24 AM

(10-30-2019 09:17 PM)BaseballPops Wrote:  I would wager that our opponent, the mighty Limestone College, might have been willing to come on Saturday the 2nd instead of Friday 1st. I mean it's not like it's one of the higher major schools lined up on our home slate such as the Ivory Keys of Mapes' Institute of Piano Tuning or the Steed Business College Stallions.

**IF** I remember correctly..........didn't Steed have a couple of decent teams WAY back? Didn't they upset mighty Bristol Business College once?

RE: 4ever Movie - BaseballPops - 10-31-2019 01:46 PM

(10-31-2019 11:24 AM)posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Wrote:  
(10-30-2019 09:17 PM)BaseballPops Wrote:  I would wager that our opponent, the mighty Limestone College, might have been willing to come on Saturday the 2nd instead of Friday 1st. I mean it's not like it's one of the higher major schools lined up on our home slate such as the Ivory Keys of Mapes' Institute of Piano Tuning or the Steed Business College Stallions.

**IF** I remember correctly..........didn't Steed have a couple of decent teams WAY back? Didn't they upset mighty Bristol Business College once?

I think you're right doctor. They may have been coached by "Suitcase" Brien Crowder if I recollect

RE: 4ever Movie - posterformerlyknownasthedoctor - 10-31-2019 02:01 PM

(10-31-2019 01:46 PM)BaseballPops Wrote:  

I think you're right doctor. They may have been coached by "Suitcase: Brian Crowder if I recollect

Yeah, that rings a bell. Nice left-handed hitter and first baseman back in his day, too, as I recall. And that's WAY WAY back................... And a decent hoopster, too, in h.s. And I believe he spelled it "Brien". He went on to be a successful coach several places, as I also recall. Extremely competitive guy.

RE: 4ever Movie - BaseballPops - 10-31-2019 03:48 PM

(10-31-2019 02:01 PM)posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Wrote:  

I think you're right doctor. They may have been coached by "Suitcase: Brian Crowder if I recollect

Yeah, that rings a bell. Nice left-handed hitter and first baseman back in his day, too, as I recall. And that's WAY WAY back................... And a decent hoopster, too, in h.s. And I believe he spelled it "Brien". He went on to be a successful coach several places, as I also recall. Extremely competitive guy.

You are correct sir. I was friends with his brother Steve Crowder who was a heck of a basketball player in his own right. Played locally in the mid 80's for Sullivan Central then signed with D-1 St Bonaventure. The gyms would be beyond packed when Central played Boone back in those days as the younger Crowder could have went (or was supposed to have went) to Boone depending on who you ask and would have teamed with 2 other D1 signees (ETSU) who played for Coach Bobby Snyder at that time. Those two were Jumping Jack and 6'6" sharp shooter Steve Cox and 6'9" Post Mark Larkey. Good times and good memories.

RE: 4ever Movie - RodShaw2 - 10-31-2019 10:05 PM

Fun fact, Brien's first-ever experience coaching was as an assistant to my mother, a girl's softball team (His sister Debbie played on it).

RE: 4ever Movie - squeak - 11-03-2019 12:23 PM

Did anybody attend the movie?

RE: 4ever Movie - posterformerlyknownasthedoctor - 01-20-2020 03:02 PM

From the JC Press section, "Today in Johnson City History: January 18":

"Jan. 18, 1937: In its first game, the newly formed basketball team for Johnson City Business College defeated the East Tennessee State Teachers College Junior Varsity team, 27-12."

RE: 4ever Movie - posterformerlyknownasthedoctor - 02-07-2020 05:14 AM

(10-31-2019 01:46 PM)BaseballPops Wrote:  I think you're right doctor. They may have been coached by "Suitcase: Brian Crowder if I recollect

From the JC Press section, "Today in Johnson City History: February 6":

Feb. 6, 1976: Despite a 30-point performance from Sullivan Central’s Jamie Ferguson, the Science Hill boys basketball team defeated the Cougars 70-66. Gary Carter and Brien Crowder led the Hilltoppers with 17 points each, followed closely by Walter Bradley with 16.

RE: 4ever Movie - posterformerlyknownasthedoctor - 05-01-2020 02:03 PM

Crowder makes another appearance:

Brien Crowder mention

RE: 4ever Movie - posterformerlyknownasthedoctor - 08-24-2020 02:46 AM

Yet another Brien Crowder appearance (with Lee Morrow):

What! Brien Crowder tell a lie?