CSNbbs
Fire Carey - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Fire Carey (/thread-825862.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Fire Carey - georgey3085 - 09-02-2017 12:06 AM

Give me reasons why not?

Graham can't hit a barn on a deep ball. Lack of short passes. Horrid clock management. Pathetic play calling. This is just on the last drive.

Fire Carey - NIU32 - 09-02-2017 12:14 AM

The play calling right before the first half ended was atrocious. 3 straight runs up the middle then punt to the 50 to let BC take the lead and momentum.

Only Carey runs a jet sweep on 4 and 1. Dumb

Stop running he ******* QB draw with Graham. For christ's sake. It hasn't worked for the past 2 yrs!

Hire a damn strength coach that can get our players in shape so the entire team doesn't drop like flies every other play like they have his entire tenure

Just an awful in game coach. Awful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RE: Fire Carey - mgm86huskiefn - 09-02-2017 12:24 AM

Rod will point out how much b improvement Graham will show in game 2 because you always see a big leap of growth from game 1 to game 2 in collegerror to justify staying with Graham. Meet mind how he has not progresses at all in 2 years. I this scenerio IMHO

RE: Fire Carey - BDB5yp - 09-02-2017 12:27 AM

The only thing Graham got better at is the playbook. Still a below average D1 talent .....

RE: Fire Carey - mgm86huskiefn - 09-02-2017 12:33 AM

Is there a better option at QB on this team? Does Carey's coaching style set up all QBS for failure?

RE: Fire Carey - NIU84 - 09-02-2017 12:48 AM

Given the state of NIU and poor funding, a president bounced for bad judgement, and an AD who likely thought he'd be elsewhere by now and I have to believe is looking for an out, I gotta think the football program is not on anyone's mind, at least not anyone who can apply pressure for a change.

Football offers at least some dollars from the bigger school games and TV, and can tread water for the school financially, and no one in power is expecting anything else.

Current staff will likely avoid players who would make the news for criminal or horrid behavior, and make sure that element doesn't creep in. I don't see that happening.

So.....Things will need to get much much worse for a coaching change.

We need a "NIU special", 1 or 2 playmakers who come out of nowhere (think Harnish, Spann, some one like that), and get us some excitement. Else we are doomed to average records and watching bland O play (but i won't blame today's D!).

We're now mediocre.

RE: Fire Carey - NIUSox10 - 09-02-2017 12:50 AM

Yep instead of going out and hiring a stud after doren left, we promoted someone with no experience and is taking us down the tubes.

RE: Fire Carey - SiegInc - 09-02-2017 12:53 AM

If Graham is the best option we have at QB, that's a sad state of affairs. How many times did he throw at someone's feet, throw a rainbow into double coverage, or overthrow receivers by 10-15 feet?

RE: Fire Carey - armour248 - 09-02-2017 01:06 AM

(09-02-2017 12:53 AM)SiegInc Wrote:  If Graham is the best option we have at QB, that's a sad state of affairs. How many times did he throw at someone's feet, throw a rainbow into double coverage, or overthrow receivers by 10-15 feet?

Like 30 times...or however many incomplete passes he had

RE: Fire Carey - epasnoopy - 09-02-2017 01:13 AM

New year, same Graham. Same boring, short pass, jet sweep offense. Boston College just had their defense packed in the whole game. They knew we play conservatively with Graham.

RE: Fire Carey - DiehardHuskie - 09-02-2017 01:20 AM

Say hello to 4-8 boys.

RE: Fire Carey - huskie1stdown - 09-02-2017 01:20 AM

Graham almost had a 100 yard interception. That would have been one for the record books.

RE: Fire Carey - epasnoopy - 09-02-2017 01:23 AM

So now we go 1-3 or 0-4 in non-conference.

RE: Fire Carey - badmoonrising13 - 09-02-2017 01:26 AM

We are not beating Eastern...

RE: Fire Carey - toddjnsn - 09-02-2017 02:12 AM

I was disppointed. That heroic comeback, in GR I made them switch to the game, I was going nuts.... then my buddy says the fg kicker is redheaded, as the graphic displayed.

Laces out, Marino!! Got the crowd not realizing a game was still on, excited. But I was,
Pissed. Oh well.

Sent from my SM-J727V using CSNbbs mobile app

Fire Carey - Turner4Heisman - 09-02-2017 08:14 AM

I am unfortunately done with this team until he is gone. Not wasting 3.5 hours a week with a team playing to not lose. I feel bad for the players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Fire Carey - scottiep12 - 09-02-2017 08:27 AM

Man this entire place is going to be so disappointed when we go 7-5 and play ina. Bowl game.

We are a QB away from being a very good football team. Granted that is the most important position...but we have a pretty talented ball club that has enough on both sides of the ball to beat most of our conference schedule.

Fire Carey - Dog Fan - 09-02-2017 08:31 AM

(09-02-2017 08:27 AM)scottiep12 Wrote:  Man this entire place is going to be so disappointed when we go 7-5 and play ina. Bowl game.

We are a QB away from being a very good football team. Granted that is the most important position...but we have a pretty talented ball club that has enough on both sides of the ball to beat most of our conference schedule.

+1. The offense will get better, including Graham. That will not be the case with Carey.

RE: Fire Carey - NIU007 - 09-02-2017 08:46 AM

I think it's 70-30 that Santa is actually a better QB in game conditions but we aren't going to find out unless Graham gets injured or we lose to Eastern Illinois with Graham completing less than 50% of his passes to wide open WRs, and even that might be optimistic.

RE: Fire Carey - NIU05 - 09-02-2017 09:02 AM

(09-02-2017 08:27 AM)scottiep12 Wrote:  Man this entire place is going to be so disappointed when we go 7-5 and play ina. Bowl game.

Exactly. Harnish / Lynch play last night we win. But we do not need that level. We need Drew Hare/ Josh Haldi. Just a good college QB, not an NFL / Heisman guy. BTW, where have the receivers gone? We once were loaded.