CSNbbs
So, how much did the AAC & Memphis... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: So, how much did the AAC & Memphis... (/thread-825837.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

So, how much did the AAC & Memphis... - hsvtiger - 09-01-2017 06:25 PM

...get from CBSSN for last night's game and was it worth the reduced game experience for the players (we really didnt get to play our offense), the greatly reduced fan experience, and the poor perception given by the empty stadium. We hardly got to showcase the program on national TV.

RE: So, how much did the AAC & Memphis... - Atlanta - 09-01-2017 06:48 PM

If it were only that simple. I'm guessing Memphis, as an AAC member, is tied to the AAC TV contract & agreed to play according to their rules.

RE: So, how much did the AAC & Memphis... - hsvtiger - 09-02-2017 07:54 AM

(09-01-2017 06:48 PM)Atlanta Wrote:  If it were only that simple. I'm guessing Memphis, as an AAC member, is tied to the AAC TV contract & agreed to play according to their rules.

I understand that, but what power does the school and conference have in making a change under such circumstances. What is the point (or forecast conditions) that would prompt the game to be re-scheduled?

RE: So, how much did the AAC & Memphis... - MemphisFan95 - 09-02-2017 11:06 AM

(09-02-2017 07:54 AM)hsvtiger Wrote:  
(09-01-2017 06:48 PM)Atlanta Wrote:  If it were only that simple. I'm guessing Memphis, as an AAC member, is tied to the AAC TV contract & agreed to play according to their rules.

I understand that, but what power does the school and conference have in making a change under such circumstances. What is the point (or forecast conditions) that would prompt the game to be re-scheduled?

It was raining and windy no worse than what note dame and NC state played in last year.

RE: So, how much did the AAC & Memphis... - geosnooker2000 - 09-02-2017 02:16 PM

(09-02-2017 11:06 AM)MemphisFan95 Wrote:  
(09-02-2017 07:54 AM)hsvtiger Wrote:  

It was raining and windy no worse than what note dame and NC state played in last year.

I don't remember the circumstances of that game, but I will tell you this as far as expectations on fans showing up: It was a Thursday night... strike one. It was not a forecasted "rain storm", but touted all Wednesday and Thursday by the local media as Hurricane Harvey... strike two. A good number of us were under an ACTUAL tornado WARNING for some portions of the afternoon and evening, and my son's power is STILL out as of this writing... strike three.

I mean... he and his wife were at the game with us, cuz he's a good son with his priorities straight, but I can't be the rest of the Mid-South's dad.

RE: So, how much did the AAC & Memphis... - AlonsoWDC - 09-02-2017 03:06 PM

This game should have been moved to tonight.

Period point blank. This wasn't a game on the ESPN family, it was freaking CBSSN!

RE: So, how much did the AAC & Memphis... - nutbushtiger - 09-02-2017 03:12 PM

I think it was good to have a game against Monroe on the TV card no matter what night it was and most would have shown up if not for the weather. But yeah I wish they would have moved it. I wonder how many tickets were sold for the game, they did have the Kroger tickets

RE: So, how much did the AAC & Memphis... - snowtiger - 09-02-2017 03:13 PM

Agree. It should have been postponed. Because now we have four injuries to show for it, a somewhat demoralized FB team and a plethora of bitching fans about our perceived shortcomings.

Opening season home games are supposed to be fun. Period.

Most of our team did not want to be out there for the 4th quarter, especially after watching their fellow team members go down.

I cannot think of ONE upside to that game except we won.

RE: So, how much did the AAC & Memphis... - karter25 - 09-02-2017 03:17 PM

Wind and rain. NO reason to cancel a football game. NO lightning and had there been, action by the stadium would have been taken. Conditions were tough but both teams played under those conditions and the fans that were there toughed it out. Rain gear was needed and even that wasn't enough at times. If this weather scared you away, I guess snow and ice and cold weather will too.

RE: So, how much did the AAC & Memphis... - karter25 - 09-02-2017 03:19 PM

(09-02-2017 03:13 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  Agree. It should have been postponed. Because now we have four injuries to show for it, a somewhat demoralized FB team and a plethora of bitching fans about our perceived shortcomings.

Most of our team did not want to be out there for the 4th quarter, especially after watching their fellow team members go down.

Can anyone say with any degree of certainty those injuries were the result of the weather.

RE: So, how much did the AAC & Memphis... - snowtiger - 09-02-2017 03:31 PM

(09-02-2017 03:19 PM)karter25 Wrote:  
(09-02-2017 03:13 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  Agree. It should have been postponed. Because now we have four injuries to show for it, a somewhat demoralized FB team and a plethora of bitching fans about our perceived shortcomings.

Can anyone say with any degree of certainty those injuries were the result of the weather.

Yeah. I'll say it. Tell me they weren't the result of the weather if you want.

Seriously...when is the last time we lost 4 guys in any FB game--never mind the first game of the year. Maybe I just don't wanna think FB is such a dangerous sport.

Bring out the old timers!

RE: So, how much did the AAC & Memphis... - nutbushtiger - 09-02-2017 03:37 PM

I think we lost two QBs on back to back plays in first game against ole pisser one year, but yeah these might have been weather related, had to be slick out there.

RE: So, how much did the AAC & Memphis... - TG4 - 09-02-2017 03:53 PM

They got the game in.

1-0

9 days rest before UCF

Let

It

Go.

RE: So, how much did the AAC & Memphis... - Atlanta - 09-02-2017 04:10 PM

Gentry's injury had nothing to do with the weather, it was a fumble scrum with bodies going everywhere. I'd say Dillon's wasn't weather related either, just a freak tackle injury. Don't recall specifics of the other two.

But point is, weather was equal for both sides. The unfortunates were the opening game crowd on a wet Thursday night - very weather related.

RE: So, how much did the AAC & Memphis... - Cletus - 09-02-2017 04:49 PM

But can you attribute any of the injuries to the weather ?

RE: So, how much did the AAC & Memphis... - BandwagonJumper - 09-02-2017 04:52 PM

(09-02-2017 03:53 PM)TG4 Wrote:  They got the game in.

1-0

9 days rest before UCF

Let

It

Go.

[Image: 200.gif]

RE: So, how much did the AAC & Memphis... - BinghamptonNed - 09-02-2017 04:53 PM

(09-01-2017 06:25 PM)hsvtiger Wrote:  ...get from CBSSN for last night's game and was it worth the reduced game experience for the players (we really didnt get to play our offense), the greatly reduced fan experience, and the poor perception given by the empty stadium. We hardly got to showcase the program on national TV.

We got the right not to get sued and are not seen as a bad TV partner when we are trying to negotiate a new TV deal.

RE: So, how much did the AAC & Memphis... - karter25 - 09-02-2017 05:05 PM

(09-02-2017 04:49 PM)Cletus Wrote:  

But can you attribute any of the injuries to the weather ?

They just said the injuries WERE weather related. Not sure how they came to that conclusion. Injuries are part of the game. Rain or shine.

RE: So, how much did the AAC & Memphis... - 3601 - 09-02-2017 05:18 PM

(09-02-2017 03:53 PM)TG4 Wrote:  They got the game in.

1-0

9 days rest before UCF

Let

It

Go.

Yup.

RE: So, how much did the AAC & Memphis... - JAB - 09-02-2017 05:25 PM

It was loads of fun if you were there. Except the fourth quarter...if you were there.