CSNbbs
Positive Take-aways from the UCONN game - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Positive Take-aways from the UCONN game (/thread-825782.html)

Positive Take-aways from the UCONN game - HuskyU - 09-01-2017 10:06 AM

I went to bed in the 3rd Quarter with Holy Cross leading 20-7. Color me surprised to discover the final score this morning. In a whole lot of mess, I'd like to point out the 4 positives:

1. UCONN won. It was the only game this season that UCONN needed to win to not make the AAC look bad. No pressure going forward with Virginia, Mizzou, and BC still on the OOC schedule.

2. UCONN outscored Holy Cross 20-0 in the second half. Whether it was them getting used to the new offensive/defensive schemes, coaches giving them the business at halftime, or whatever, I'll take it.

3. We know our starting QB going forward. Good on the coaches to make the in-game switch.

4. UCONN drew 24K in attendance (in both announced AND actual butts in seats...).

RE: Positive Take-aways from the UCONN game - coogrfan - 09-01-2017 11:32 AM

Nothing wrong with having a "glass half full" perspective.

RE: Positive Take-aways from the UCONN game - panite - 09-01-2017 11:42 AM

(09-01-2017 10:06 AM)HuskyU Wrote:  I went to bed in the 3rd Quarter with Holy Cross leading 20-7. Color me surprised to discover the final score this morning. In a whole lot of mess, I'd like to point out the 4 positives:

1. UCONN won. It was the only game this season that UCONN needed to win to not make the AAC look bad. No pressure going forward with Virginia, Mizzou, and BC still on the OOC schedule.

2. UCONN outscored Holy Cross 20-0 in the second half. Whether it was them getting used to the new offensive/defensive schemes, coaches giving them the business at halftime, or whatever, I'll take it.

3. We know our starting QB going forward. Good on the coaches to make the in-game switch.

4. UCONN drew 24K in attendance (in both announced AND actual butts in seats...).

That is a great OOC schedule going forward. Three P5 teams with one of them in your backyard (BC). UCONN should be scheduling regional P5's on a regular basis rotating BC, Rutgers, Maryland, and Syracuse in and out along with other ACC teams, B-10 teams, and B-12 teams like WV to build the program and set yourself up for the next and probably final round of realignment. Getting SEC teams like Missouri for home and homes is just icing on the cake too. 02-13-banana 04-bow 04-cheers

RE: Positive Take-aways from the UCONN game - 8BitPirate - 09-01-2017 11:59 AM

Glad UCONN won. Says more about the team that they didn't roll over than the score does.

RE: Positive Take-aways from the UCONN game - vabearcat - 09-01-2017 03:23 PM

(09-01-2017 10:06 AM)HuskyU Wrote:  I went to bed in the 3rd Quarter with Holy Cross leading 20-7. Color me surprised to discover the final score this morning. In a whole lot of mess, I'd like to point out the 4 positives:

Virginia, Mizzou and BC are all bad teams. Beating Holy Cross is nothing to get excited about. Attendance of 24,000 is not noteworthy. Now, if you said UConn is 1-0, I'm good with that!

RE: Positive Take-aways from the UCONN game - 200yrs2late - 09-01-2017 03:26 PM

the positive? it's over. Please tell me that wasn't on tv...

RE: Positive Take-aways from the UCONN game - The Knight Time - 09-01-2017 03:29 PM

Holy Cross was 4-7 last year ....

RE: Positive Take-aways from the UCONN game - HuskyU - 09-01-2017 03:30 PM

(09-01-2017 03:23 PM)vabearcat Wrote:  

Virginia, Mizzou and BC are all bad teams. Beating Holy Cross is nothing to get excited about. Attendance of 24,000 is not noteworthy. Now, if you said UConn is 1-0, I'm good with that!

I'd say getting 24K to an FCS game after 6 straight losing seasons with non-existent offense is decently noteworthy. 07-coffee3

RE: Positive Take-aways from the UCONN game - HuskyU - 09-01-2017 03:35 PM

(09-01-2017 03:29 PM)The Knight Time Wrote:  Holy Cross was 4-7 last year ....

And they have a 5th year (4 year starting) QB who NFL scouts are all over.

The UCONN staff obviously chose the wrong starting QB for the new offensive scheme. Shirreffs led UCONN to 3 touchdowns in the 16 minutes he played. Had he played the entire game, it's not far-fetched to assume UCONN would have scored at least another 2 touchdowns.

RE: Positive Take-aways from the UCONN game - Gator - 09-01-2017 04:29 PM

I'll always love a "come back" win, (unless it's against my team) 03-lmfao

Congrats UCONN! 04-cheers

Positive Take-aways from the UCONN game - Pony94 - 09-01-2017 11:31 PM

Damn Shame your coach takes Dairy Whip's money but goes to our competition

https://instagram.com/p/BYb2rb7gX_q/