CSNbbs
OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Georgia State vs Tennessee State - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Georgia State vs Tennessee State (/thread-825202.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Georgia State vs Tennessee State - TroyFootball05 - 08-26-2017 10:43 AM

We are now officially in college football mode. Georgia State plays Thursday in a game that will be our first look at SBC football 2017. Go Panthers!

RE: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Georgia State vs Tennessee State - TrueBlueDrew - 08-26-2017 10:44 AM

Attendance estimate for the game?

RE: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Georgia State vs Tennessee State - Usajags - 08-26-2017 10:50 AM

The should consider it a success if they have an honest 20k.

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Georgia State vs Tennessee State - WolfBird - 08-26-2017 10:59 AM

4-5000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Georgia State vs Tennessee State - EigenEagle - 08-26-2017 11:09 AM

First game at the ole ball park, I think the crowd will be decent.

This game will probably be closer than many here think. Tennessee State was a pretty decent FCS last year and should be one of the top teams in the OVC.

State needs to just not turn the ball over and they'll win.

23-10 State.

RE: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Georgia State vs Tennessee State - Usajags - 08-26-2017 11:33 AM

(08-26-2017 10:59 AM)WolfBird Wrote:  4-5000.

If this is what they put in the stands, and average close to that number throughout the season, wonder if they will rethink an investment into phase two of the stadium.

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Georgia State vs Tennessee State - WolfBird - 08-26-2017 11:37 AM

(08-26-2017 11:33 AM)Usajags Wrote:  
(08-26-2017 10:59 AM)WolfBird Wrote:  4-5000.

If this is what they put in the stands, and average close to that number throughout the season, wonder if they will rethink an investment into phase two of the stadium.

I was just ball busting. I think they’ll have 10-15k today. That’ll be more than any game the rest of the season.

RE: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Georgia State vs Tennessee State - CC Eagle - 08-26-2017 11:40 AM

I just hope it's not one of those crowds that doesn't really care about the action on the field and leaves after the seventh inning.

RE: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Georgia State vs Tennessee State - timber - 08-26-2017 02:37 PM

I think attendance Thursday night could be hurt depending on what the weather ends up doing. If we get tons of rain and thunderstorms (weather forecasts keep changing) the attendance will probably take a significant hit.

Overall, I think we must have a few sustained winning seasons to improve attendance. Our nice new shiny stadium isn't going to be enough to overcome losing, especially in Atlanta.

TSU is one of the better FCS teams, so we will have to play smart ball and not turn it over.

RE: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Georgia State vs Tennessee State - TrueBlueDrew - 08-26-2017 03:28 PM

They had a large crowd for their first game in the dome so I'm gonna give them the BOD and say they have a solid 25k

RE: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Georgia State vs Tennessee State - Usajags - 08-26-2017 03:29 PM

You guys start the season with a rainy Thursday night loss to an FCS team, it's going to be a long uphill battle for you guys to build a solid fan base.

We are going to officially hijack this thread. I see you guys being in worse shoes then UAB was in their first run at football. In Atlanta, was their any demand for GaSt to start football, with GaTech being just a mile away??? The advantage South has over GaSt is that there is no other college football within 90 miles of Mobile, and that's in another state.

Time will tell if Atlanta is willing and capable of supporting two FBS programs, you guys have a long term plan with the area surrounding the stadium. Hopefully it all works the way the designers expect and we can all put the attendance talk to bed.

RE: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Georgia State vs Tennessee State - eaglewraith - 08-26-2017 03:37 PM

Isn't Treon Harris at Tennessee State?

He wasn't terrible at UF.

RE: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Georgia State vs Tennessee State - Pounce FTW - 08-26-2017 04:22 PM

Hoping we top 15k but won't be surprised or worried if we don't. Unless you're in the AAC and had a good year last year (or you're ODU), the "attendance talk" is just a part of doing business as a large urban school with commuter roots.

RE: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Georgia State vs Tennessee State - Oldyeller - 08-26-2017 05:48 PM

(08-26-2017 03:29 PM)Usajags Wrote:  You guys start the season with a rainy Thursday night loss to an FCS team, it's going to be a long uphill battle for you guys to build a solid fan base.

We are going to officially hijack this thread. I see you guys being in worse shoes then UAB was in their first run at football. In Atlanta, was their any demand for GaSt to start football, with GaTech being just a mile away??? The advantage South has over GaSt is that there is no other college football within 90 miles of Mobile, and that's in another state.

Time will tell if Atlanta is willing and capable of supporting two FBS programs, you guys have a long term plan with the area surrounding the stadium. Hopefully it all works the way the designers expect and we can all put the attendance talk to bed.

With 6 million in the Atlanta metro and with consolidations and Ga state campuses like the Flash Mart at every red light and a "shiny new" fixer upper giant stadium they may have the overall advantage. The big town is pretty spoiled though.

RE: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Georgia State vs Tennessee State - EigenEagle - 08-26-2017 05:54 PM

(08-26-2017 03:29 PM)Usajags Wrote:  You guys start the season with a rainy Thursday night loss to an FCS team, it's going to be a long uphill battle for you guys to build a solid fan base.

If Georgia State starts winning, they'll draw good crowds. They don't need the support of the city, they've got more than enough alumni in the area to support them.

RE: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Georgia State vs Tennessee State - Georgia_Power_Company - 08-26-2017 07:35 PM

You had better win this one. No more FCS losses for the SBC should be Goal #1.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Georgia State vs Tennessee State - chiefsfan - 08-26-2017 08:14 PM

Why does Georgia State always start at home on a Thursday?

RE: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Georgia State vs Tennessee State - itsmeagain - 08-26-2017 08:24 PM

(08-26-2017 08:14 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Why does Georgia State always start at home on a Thursday?

Because the labor day weekend is saturated with college football in Atlanta.

RE: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Georgia State vs Tennessee State - chiefsfan - 08-26-2017 08:43 PM

(08-26-2017 08:24 PM)itsmeagain Wrote:  
(08-26-2017 08:14 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Why does Georgia State always start at home on a Thursday?

Because the labor day weekend is saturated with college football in Atlanta.

Still, why not go on the road? I just don't see the trade off advantage to opening at home, but having to do it on a Thursday with no TV to speak of.

Makes more sense to me to travel week one, so you guys could play a Saturday Home opener in week 2.

RE: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Georgia State vs Tennessee State - eaglewraith - 08-26-2017 09:40 PM

Because apparently they've forced that to be a "tradition."