CSNbbs
Conferences No More - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: Conferences No More (/thread-824998.html)

Conferences No More - DavidSt - 08-24-2017 03:22 AM

How about no more conferences for college football at the D1 level? We could do a merit system of how strong a football team is.

Power Schools:
Schools that have a winning record be in this area. That would make schools that have winning record since 2000 could be added here like Boise State, Fresno State, San Diego State, Houston, Navy, Air Force, Cincinnati, USF and some others among the Power 5 schools.

Schools that are semi-power that are winning which includes a boot down for schools like Kansas, and a move up for schools like Eastern Washington, Montana, North Dakota State, James Madison, Fordham, Jacksonville State, Sam Houston State, McNeese State, UCA and so forth.

Schools that are on the lower end of FBS from the G5 goes here. Some schools from the FCS that are at their level could go here.

FCS would still be the same. D2 and some D3 schools could be brought up for all sports. The football teams could be put in areas that could take place here.
Azusa Pacific
Colorado State-Puebl
Colorado Mesa
West Texas A&M
Midwestern State
NW Missouri State
Sioux Falls
Minn.-Duluth
Minn. State-Mankato
Arkansas Tech
Harding
Henderson State
Grand Valley State
Delta State
Valdosta State
California, Pa.
Indiana, Pa.
Shepherd
UNC-Pembroke
Newbury
Tuskegee
West Georgia
Emporia State
Texas A&M-Commerce
Ashland
Ferris State
LIU-Post
Colorado Mines
Southwest Baptist
Central Missouri
Bemidji State

If some FCS schools struggling could step down to D2 for football until they regain steam to move back up.

This could avoid any anti-trust lawsuits and all that.

RE: Conferences No More - Kaplony - 08-24-2017 07:33 AM

(08-24-2017 03:22 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  Newbury

Who?

RE: Conferences No More - Carolina_Low_Country - 08-24-2017 08:07 AM

(08-24-2017 03:22 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  How about no more conferences for college football at the D1 level? We could do a merit system of how strong a football team is.

Power Schools:
Schools that have a winning record be in this area. That would make schools that have winning record since 2000 could be added here like Boise State, Fresno State, San Diego State, Houston, Navy, Air Force, Cincinnati, USF and some others among the Power 5 schools.

Schools that are semi-power that are winning which includes a boot down for schools like Kansas, and a move up for schools like Eastern Washington, Montana, North Dakota State, James Madison, Fordham, Jacksonville State, Sam Houston State, McNeese State, UCA and so forth.

Schools that are on the lower end of FBS from the G5 goes here. Some schools from the FCS that are at their level could go here.

FCS would still be the same. D2 and some D3 schools could be brought up for all sports. The football teams could be put in areas that could take place here.
Azusa Pacific
Colorado State-Puebl
Colorado Mesa
West Texas A&M
Midwestern State
NW Missouri State
Sioux Falls
Minn.-Duluth
Minn. State-Mankato
Arkansas Tech
Harding
Henderson State
Grand Valley State
Delta State
Valdosta State
California, Pa.
Indiana, Pa.
Shepherd
UNC-Pembroke
Newbury
Tuskegee
West Georgia
Emporia State
Texas A&M-Commerce
Ashland
Ferris State
LIU-Post
Colorado Mines
Southwest Baptist
Central Missouri
Bemidji State

If some FCS schools struggling could step down to D2 for football until they regain steam to move back up.

[Image: v8ccqht.jpg]

RE: Conferences No More - BePcr07 - 08-24-2017 08:38 AM

I don't think it's a terrible idea in theory. It would be super difficult to impossible to implement. I would personally like to see a promotion/relegation system but that isn't feasible.

RE: Conferences No More - TrojanCampaign - 08-24-2017 12:23 PM

(08-24-2017 07:33 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  

Who?

My Uncle Newbury. He lives down on 1st Avenue.

RE: Conferences No More - mturn017 - 08-24-2017 12:59 PM

(08-24-2017 12:23 PM)TrojanCampaign Wrote:  

Who?

My Uncle Newbury. He lives down on 1st Avenue.

Don't say anything about his birthmark, man

RE: Conferences No More - Underdog - 08-24-2017 01:27 PM

(08-24-2017 03:22 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  How about no more conferences for college football at the D1 level? We could do a merit system of how strong a football team is.

Power Schools:

Azusa Pacific
Colorado State-Puebl
Colorado Mesa
West Texas A&M
Midwestern State
NW Missouri State
Sioux Falls
Minn.-Duluth
Minn. State-Mankato
Arkansas Tech
Harding
Henderson State
Grand Valley State
Delta State
Valdosta State
California, Pa.
Indiana, Pa.
Shepherd
UNC-Pembroke
Newbury
Tuskegee
West Georgia
Emporia State
Texas A&M-Commerce
Ashland
Ferris State
LIU-Post
Colorado Mines
Southwest Baptist
Central Missouri
Bemidji State

Another poster presented a similar suggestion, but it only included current FBS schools. His name is sturt, and you remind me of him with your creative thinking....

RE: Conferences No More - Kaplony - 08-24-2017 04:21 PM

Who?

Did some digging. Tiny Newbury College (enrollment of 1000) doesn't play football so I don't know how they would move u to the FCS level, and I doubt that a school who doesn't even have their own athletic facilities (they use the facilities at nearby Hellenic College) really wants to step up to Division I.

http://www.newburynighthawks.com/landing/index

RE: Conferences No More - DavidSt - 08-24-2017 06:56 PM

I mean Newberry. They have been great in football. They could slide in among the Big South schools easily. They are bigger than Presbyterian.

RE: Conferences No More - Kaplony - 08-24-2017 07:31 PM

(08-24-2017 06:56 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  I mean Newberry. They have been great in football. They could slide in among the Big South schools easily. They are bigger than Presbyterian.

Newberry has absolutely no desire to move to Division I. They've seen what an abject failure that PC has been since they moved up and want nothing to do with it.

Besides, there is almost no way possible to expand Setzler Field to bring it to DI standards.

RE: Conferences No More - panama - 08-24-2017 07:58 PM

Inplausible Plan thread #23,456

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RE: Conferences No More - utpotts - 08-24-2017 09:05 PM

The board adds new mods yet crap like this gets posted.