CSNbbs
Linebacker Depth - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: Linebacker Depth (/thread-823824.html)

Linebacker Depth - RollDukes757 - 08-10-2017 12:16 PM

This may be the deepest group of LBs in JMU history. Who wants to take a stab at sorting out the 2-3 deep we can expect to see at ILB and OLB this year:

2 Dimitri Holloway

3 Gus Little

7 Trey Wilson

9 Kyre Hawkins

11 Bryce Maginley

16 John Kinney

18 Tabb Patrick

27 Pat Kagel

31 KeShaun Moore

36 Robert Carter Jr.

40 Diamonte Tucker-Dorsey

43 Julian Freeze

49 Brandon Hereford

49 Trey Vossler

51 Devin Medley

52 Landan Word

54 Kelvin Azanama

99 Isaac Ukwu

RE: Linebacker Depth - Jay M. Youix - 08-10-2017 01:00 PM

doesn't sound like Holloway will start, but I think he has the most upside of anyone I've seen so far. no idea about the new guys, but Holloway has SO much athleticism and potential. maybe a hybrid LB/S prospect in the NFL, down the road? those kinds of guys are very popular right now.

RE: Linebacker Depth - Potomac - 08-10-2017 01:05 PM

- On defense, senior linebacker Kyre Hawkins has taken first-team middle linebacker snaps since the start of camp. On Thursday, Hawkins and Virginia transfer Landan Word were the first-team middle linebackers. Hawkins said the competition between the linebackers is strong.

- Hawkins, who played some outside linebacker last year before moving to middle linebacker during the championship game, said as a senior it’s his job to know both spots so that in case of injury or anything else, he’ll be prepared to slide over if he has to.

https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/field-notes-it-s-the-little-things-

RE: Linebacker Depth - RollDukes757 - 08-10-2017 01:07 PM

Sounds like Kyre Hawkins and Landan Word are working the the 1's at ILB. I would imaging Gus Little, Hereford, and Holloway are seeing a lot of action as well. I think Holloway is also wearing a red jersey thus far in camp.

RE: Linebacker Depth - BDKJMU - 08-10-2017 01:26 PM

(08-10-2017 01:07 PM)RollDukes757 Wrote:  Sounds like Kyre Hawkins and Landan Word are working the the 1's at ILB. I would imaging Gus Little, Hereford, and Holloway are seeing a lot of action as well. I think Holloway is also wearing a red jersey thus far in camp.
The ??? is when will he be available?

ILB seems ridiculously deep

OLB sounds like a lot of new names (played little or none last year, no transfers). I believe Hawkins played OLB most of last year (he did have to move inside in the NC game with Hereford out & Holloway getting injured). With all the depth inside I'm surprised that Hawkins isn't playing OLB..

RE: Linebacker Depth - RollDukes757 - 08-10-2017 02:08 PM

One thing that we can finally say with confidence is that we can be sure our coaches will put the right guys in the right position come September.

RE: Linebacker Depth - ParentofJMUMRDs - 08-10-2017 03:52 PM

RoolDukes757

Of that there can be no doubt!!!

Brian

RE: Linebacker Depth - jmuroadwarrior - 08-10-2017 06:25 PM

(08-10-2017 01:07 PM)RollDukes757 Wrote:  Sounds like Kyre Hawkins and Landan Word are working the the 1's at ILB. I would imaging Gus Little, Hereford, and Holloway are seeing a lot of action as well. I think Holloway is also wearing a red jersey thus far in camp.

Yes he is wearing red, and a number of other stars recovering from off season surgery are not fully participating (yet). I am hoping they will be in the last 2 weeks of camp.