CSNbbs
Wilkins has some bad news for the ACC - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: Wilkins has some bad news for the ACC (/thread-823566.html)

Wilkins has some bad news for the ACC - Kaplony - 08-07-2017 08:28 PM

http://theclemsoninsider.com/2017/08/07/wilkins-has-some-bad-news-for-the-acc/

Quote:Christian Wilkins has some bad news for ACC offensive centers and guards. At 6-foot-4, the junior says he is quicker, faster and stronger than he was the last time he played on the interior of the defensive line.

Clemson’s defensive tackle dropped 13 pounds over the summer and checked in for fall camp last week weighing 297 pounds.

“My strength is just as good as it has ever been so I’m even stronger,” said Wilkins, who earned All-American status at defensive end last year. “I got stronger this summer. So I can play at it. I just wanted to be at a good healthy weight so I could last really.

“I’m quicker, I’m faster and I’m still strong. I’m comfortable at 297 right now. It gives me the ability to play wherever and to play a lot of snaps.”

Quote:The last time Wilkins played defensive tackle was in 2015, where he played in all 15 games mostly as a reserve. However, he earned Freshman All-American honors after recording 84 tackles and 4.5 tackles for loss. He also had 12 quarterback pressures.

“I have done it before so I’m comfortable doing it,” Wilkins said. “Obviously, I have to put in a lot of work because, obviously, all of last season I was playing full-time end. I have done it before, I just have to get back to the little technical things about the position, but it is still an easy transition.”

And it should be even easier now that he has knocked off 13 pounds. That’s not good news for the ACC.

RE: Wilkins has some bad news for the ACC - HRFlossY - 08-08-2017 01:34 PM

...........Can't WAIT!!!05-mafia

RE: Wilkins has some bad news for the ACC - Hokie Mark - 08-08-2017 02:28 PM

The Hokie defense might have some more bad news for you guys...

RE: Wilkins has some bad news for the ACC - Dr. Isaly von Yinzer - 08-11-2017 10:10 AM

Clemson had just better hope we don't get another shot at them again this year.

RE: Wilkins has some bad news for the ACC - Kaplony - 08-11-2017 02:35 PM

(08-11-2017 10:10 AM)Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Wrote:  Clemson had just better hope we don't get another shot at them again this year.

Not worried. Canada is gone to Baton Rouge.