CSNbbs
Weir brings 5 star to UNM - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: WACbbs (/forum-376.html)
+---- Forum: WAC Smack and Off Topic (/forum-996.html)
+---- Thread: Weir brings 5 star to UNM (/thread-823335.html)

Weir brings 5 star to UNM - SeattleVandals - 08-04-2017 02:39 PM

Weir gets another Ohio State transfer, this time 5 star JaQuan Lyle. He has averaged 11+ppg in his two seasons in Columbus. Great pick up.

Both Menzies and Weir have gotten 5 star commits in their first season after leaving NMSU. I know if they came from SU, that'd be very hard to watch happen.

I cant wait to see the MWC back to relevance when UNLV, New Mexico, and SDSU are back to their normal selves. Especially when at least 2-4 of Boise State, Fresno State, Wyoming, Nevada, Utah State, and Colorado State contend each year as well

RE: Weir brings 5 star to UNM - gleadley - 08-04-2017 07:24 PM

I'm a big believer in Nevada. Would be happy for Musselman to see them take a turn at the top of the MWC.

RE: Weir brings 5 star to UNM - SeattleVandals - 08-05-2017 11:03 PM

(08-04-2017 07:24 PM)gleadley Wrote:  I'm a big believer in Nevada. Would be happy for Musselman to see them take a turn at the top of the MWC.

After what they did in the WAC while producing three quality NBA players, no reason they cant be a yearly contender in the MWC. Boise State landed a 4 star recently too I saw. MWC as a whole is on a major upswing back to relevance

RE: Weir brings 5 star to UNM - holaMesilla - 08-06-2017 06:58 PM

(08-05-2017 11:03 PM)SeattleVandals Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 07:24 PM)gleadley Wrote:  I'm a big believer in Nevada. Would be happy for Musselman to see them take a turn at the top of the MWC.

After what they did in the WAC while producing three quality NBA players, no reason they cant be a yearly contender in the MWC. Boise State landed a 4 star recently too I saw. MWC as a whole is on a major upswing back to relevance

From my observation there is a reason 4-5 star players land in mid-majors, and it's generally not good as they seldom produce.

RE: Weir brings 5 star to UNM - Clarity - 08-06-2017 07:01 PM

MWC will still be max a 2 bid league for the foreseeable future until the committee stops ignoring mid-majors and non P5's.

RE: Weir brings 5 star to UNM - NMSUPistolPete - 08-07-2017 12:13 PM

(08-06-2017 06:58 PM)holaMesilla Wrote:  
(08-05-2017 11:03 PM)SeattleVandals Wrote:  

From my observation there is a reason 4-5 star players land in mid-majors, and it's generally not good as they seldom produce.

Although I will always want our coach to pursue the higher (4 and 5) star prospects, the real litmus test if a player is truly highly touted is who is actually recruiting him. Regardless of stars, if a player has a lot of P5 offers, the coaches know more about a player's potential than the recruiting sites and the fans.