CSNbbs
OT - Funny Golf Story - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Rice (/forum-444.html)
+----- Thread: OT - Funny Golf Story (/thread-822773.html)

OT - Funny Golf Story - Owl 69/70/75 - 07-27-2017 11:07 AM

Heard a great story yesterday. The PGA channel on XM had Jordan Spieth's caddy, Michael Greller, on to discuss the final round in the Open. Apparently, this was a rerun, but I had not heard it before.

Anyway, after Spieth started out with three bogeys in his first four holes, Greller gave him a pep talk. Asked about it, Greller said, "I reminded him of the group he had been in Cabo with--Michael Jordan, Michael Phelps, Wilson, the others. I said what they all had in common was that they could take a punch and come back. The I told a little fib, since Jordan (Spieth) was too young to remember. I told him that when Michael hit the jumper from the top of the key to win the playoff game in 1998, he had just missed three in a row but he still had the courage to take the shot." Of course, Spieth birdied the next hole and we know the rest. Later they were watching a rerun together and when they got to that point, Greller mentioned the pep talk. Spieth replied, "After that I spent the rest of the afternoon thinking, if I had been Scotty Pippen I would have been really pissed. He takes four shots in a row, he misses the first three, but he still keeps on shooting?"