CSNbbs
So Is ECU Going on Probation? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: So Is ECU Going on Probation? (/thread-822718.html)

Pages: 1 2

So Is ECU Going on Probation? - TexanMark - 07-26-2017 03:48 PM

Someone has to pay for this? And ECU should be lucky they don't get the Death Penalty.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc-maintains-ncaa-overreach-in-latest-ncaa-response/16840516/

So Is ECU Going on Probation? - Pony94 - 07-26-2017 03:52 PM

ECU will be forced to give Lebo a 10-year extension

RE: So Is ECU Going on Probation? - johnbragg - 07-26-2017 03:57 PM

ECU gets a warning, Charlotte gets probation, Wofford gets a two-year death penalty.

RE: So Is ECU Going on Probation? - GoldenWarrior11 - 07-26-2017 03:59 PM

Death penalty? The NCAA will take off and end up dropping the hammer down from orbit.

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: So Is ECU Going on Probation? - mturn017 - 07-26-2017 04:00 PM

Nah, ECU's in SC. Right?

RE: So Is ECU Going on Probation? - XLance - 07-26-2017 04:00 PM

The NCAA will penalize Carolina.
Carolina will appeal.
The appeal will be denied.
Carolina will bring suit against the NCAA and win.
All of this stuff won't be over for another two years, and when it is, the NCAA may not be left standing.

RE: So Is ECU Going on Probation? - Tigeer - 07-26-2017 04:33 PM

Every little thing is gonna be all right

RE: So Is ECU Going on Probation? - Wedge - 07-26-2017 04:56 PM

"provide benefits to student athletes that are materially different from what is available to the general student body" - - If that is the NCAA's rationale for asserting that it has jurisdiction over UNC's issues, then if accused rapists at other institutions who were student athletes were treated differently from students in the general student body, the NCAA has jurisdiction over that, too.

RE: So Is ECU Going on Probation? - JRsec - 07-26-2017 05:12 PM

(07-26-2017 04:56 PM)Wedge Wrote:  "provide benefits to student athletes that are materially different from what is available to the general student body" - - If that is the NCAA's rationale for asserting that it has jurisdiction over UNC's issues, then if accused rapists at other institutions who were student athletes were treated differently from students in the general student body, the NCAA has jurisdiction over that, too.

Right you are. But then the question will be is leniency on rape a benefit? And is it just me or does it look as though they picked on Brownlow because she looks 20 and like she doesn't know better?

RE: So Is ECU Going on Probation? - Kaplony - 07-26-2017 05:13 PM

(07-26-2017 03:57 PM)johnbragg Wrote:  ECU gets a warning, Charlotte gets probation, Wofford gets a two-year death penalty.

You are aware that Wofford is in SC right?

RE: So Is ECU Going on Probation? - lumberpack4 - 07-26-2017 05:22 PM

Winston Salem State will get the death penalty

RE: So Is ECU Going on Probation? - lumberpack4 - 07-26-2017 05:23 PM

NC State is placing tracking devices on all football and basketball players shoes as we speak. God forbid another basketball players sells his shoes.

RE: So Is ECU Going on Probation? - HeartOfDixie - 07-26-2017 05:36 PM

I know this board has a strong G5 slant to it but I am curious as to where the idea expressed in the title even came from? There is no precedent for it.

RE: So Is ECU Going on Probation? - mturn017 - 07-26-2017 05:55 PM

(07-26-2017 05:36 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  I know this board has a strong G5 slant to it but I am curious as to where the idea expressed in the title even came from? There is no precedent for it.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-tarkanian-appreciation-20150212-story,amp.html

Quote:Tarkanian's rolling mantra was that the NCAA had a double-standard for enforcement, that it picked on smaller schools but protected the sugar-daddy power programs. This produced variations of his most famous quote: "The NCAA was so mad at Kentucky they gave Cleveland State two more years of probation."

RE: So Is ECU Going on Probation? - CougarRed - 07-26-2017 06:09 PM

This has implications for Baylor too.

RE: So Is ECU Going on Probation? - TexanMark - 07-26-2017 06:31 PM

(07-26-2017 05:55 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  
(07-26-2017 05:36 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  I know this board has a strong G5 slant to it but I am curious as to where the idea expressed in the title even came from? There is no precedent for it.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-tarkanian-appreciation-20150212-story,amp.html

Quote:Tarkanian's rolling mantra was that the NCAA had a double-standard for enforcement, that it picked on smaller schools but protected the sugar-daddy power programs. This produced variations of his most famous quote: "The NCAA was so mad at Kentucky they gave Cleveland State two more years of probation."

Zactly....it was TIC

RE: So Is ECU Going on Probation? - HeartOfDixie - 07-26-2017 07:18 PM

...interesting

At least now I understand where the sentiment comes from even if I feel it is ridiculous.

RE: So Is ECU Going on Probation? - Gamecock - 07-27-2017 07:57 AM

Since the NCAA first started investigating UNC:

Dirt was uncovered on South Carolina via Marvin Austin
South Carolina was investigated
NCAA delivered it's notice of allegations
South Carolina responded and proposed sanctions
NCAA accepted similar sanctions
South Carolina goes on probation for 3 years
South Carorlina has been off probation since August 2015

And we're still waiting on North Carolina to be hit.

RE: So Is ECU Going on Probation? - AppfanInCAAland - 07-27-2017 09:56 AM

(07-26-2017 07:18 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  

...interesting

At least now I understand where the sentiment comes from even if I feel it is ridiculous.

Also, the UNC Board, which governs all state supported schools in NC (5 FBS, 3 FCS, 3 non-football D1, 4 D2) have talked about institutional reforms across the system as a cover for the flagship's malficenece. Except the other 14 campuses haven't done anything like the Tar Heels (as far as I know anyway)

RE: So Is ECU Going on Probation? - AppfanInCAAland - 07-27-2017 09:56 AM

(07-26-2017 07:18 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  

...interesting

Also, the UNC Board, which governs all state supported schools in NC (5 FBS, 3 FCS, 3 non-football D1, 4 D2) have talked about institutional reforms across the system as a cover for the flagship's malficenece. Except the other 14 campuses haven't done anything like the Tar Heels (as far as I know anyway)