CSNbbs
still recruiting guards - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: still recruiting guards (/thread-822545.html)

still recruiting guards - pono - 07-24-2017 04:20 AM

Rockets continue to recruit good guard prospects (but not a lot of bigs). 2 interesting recent offers

to Detroit Wayne guard Rashad Williams who is a pure shooter that's physically ready for college ball and versatile enough to be a ball handler. reminds me a bit of the Scott HS kid who considered UT out of JUCO but went to Tennessee.

the other recruit is a skinny young looking pg from Chicago named Xavier Pinson. Played under the radar a bit in catholic school as a HS jr but had a breakout recently on the summer AAU circuit and just announced his transfer to public school and national power Simeon HS where the Rockets have good connections(Stevie Taylor, James Gordon, Dwayne Rose' uncle Derrick) . Pinson is a wizard with the pass and very quick w the dribble. A mid major recruit at this point due to an average jumper and not much strength, but could move up the recruiting rankings during the season at his new high profile school. I imagine the schools who have offered him (UT, Kent, Evansville, Drake, Milwaukee, etc...) are making a hard push to sign him in the early signing period. I know we need bigs but this kid would be fun to watch-Tim Reiser anyone?

RE: still recruiting guards - Springboromark - 07-24-2017 04:54 AM

(07-24-2017 04:20 AM)pono Wrote:  Rockets continue to recruit good guard prospects (but not a lot of bigs). 2 interesting recent offers

to Detroit Wayne guard Rashad Williams who is a pure shooter that's physically ready for college ball and versatile enough to be a ball handler. reminds me a bit of the Scott HS kid who considered UT out of JUCO but went to Tennessee.

the other recruit is a skinny young looking pg from Chicago named Xavier Pinson. Played under the radar a bit in catholic school as a HS jr but had a breakout recently on the summer AAU circuit and just announced his transfer to public school and national power Simeon HS where the Rockets have good connections(Stevie Taylor, James Gordon, Dwayne Rose' uncle Derrick) . Pinson is a wizard with the pass and very quick w the dribble. A mid major recruit at this point due to an average jumper and not much strength, but could move up the recruiting rankings during the season at his new high profile school. I imagine the schools who have offered him (UT, Kent, Evansville, Drake, Milwaukee, etc...) are making a hard push to sign him in the early signing period. I know we need bigs but this kid would be fun to watch-Tim Reiser anyone?

RE: still recruiting guards - Springboromark - 07-24-2017 04:55 AM

Thanks pono for the update

RE: still recruiting guards - H2Oville Rocket - 07-24-2017 06:17 AM

Last Pinson we had was a major talent. I still think about what might have been.

RE: still recruiting guards - DetroitRocket - 07-24-2017 07:26 AM

(07-24-2017 04:54 AM)Springboromark Wrote:  
(07-24-2017 04:20 AM)pono Wrote:  Rockets continue to recruit good guard prospects (but not a lot of bigs). 2 interesting recent offers

If our one, or maybe two scholarships for the 2018 class aren't 6-8 bangers Kowalczyk should be fired.

RE: still recruiting guards - Boca Rocket - 07-24-2017 10:59 AM

(07-24-2017 07:26 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  
(07-24-2017 04:54 AM)Springboromark Wrote:  

If our one, or maybe two scholarships for the 2018 class aren't 6-8 bangers Kowalczyk should be fired.

The Rockets have offers to a couple of 6'8" players for the 2018 class.
KC Hankton 6'8" PF from Charlotte, NC. TJ Smith 6'8" SG from Matteson, Illinois.

RE: still recruiting guards - Rocket75 - 07-24-2017 12:24 PM

Austin Rotroff is 6 foot 9 inches and also has a Toledo offer. He has the potential to be a real beast inside.

RE: still recruiting guards - Boca Rocket - 07-24-2017 01:07 PM

(07-24-2017 12:24 PM)Rocket75 Wrote:  Austin Rotroff is 6 foot 9 inches and also has a Toledo offer. He has the potential to be a real beast inside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQQnbIelHNg

RE: still recruiting guards - Screwball - 07-24-2017 08:22 PM

Those are some pretty big shoes to fill.

We all know a biggy is sorely needed, but maybe a team of little guys running around like jack rabbits might be fun too. I'm ready for some BB.

I sure hope we get the ESPN 3 thing again; that's like the neatest thing since the wheel.