CSNbbs
John Wildhack- We Wont Lose Home Season Due To Carrier Dome Renovation - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: John Wildhack- We Wont Lose Home Season Due To Carrier Dome Renovation (/thread-822436.html)

Pages: 1 2

John Wildhack- We Wont Lose Home Season Due To Carrier Dome Renovation - cuseroc - 07-21-2017 11:56 AM

I am anxious to get some concrete design plans.

Carrier Dome Reno Article

RE: John Wildhack- We Wont Lose Home Season Due To Carrier Dome Renovation - Hokie Mark - 07-21-2017 01:11 PM

(07-21-2017 11:56 AM)cuseroc Wrote:  I am anxious to get some concrete design plans.

Does this mean work will begin in December? If so, where will the basketball teams play?

RE: John Wildhack- We Wont Lose Home Season Due To Carrier Dome Renovation - TexanMark - 07-21-2017 02:46 PM

(07-21-2017 01:11 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(07-21-2017 11:56 AM)cuseroc Wrote:  I am anxious to get some concrete design plans.

Does this mean work will begin in December? If so, where will the basketball teams play?

No one knows...but I doubt it. I suspect prep work is done during the FB season...and right after BB is done they start dismantling the roof. Huge cranes will have to be brought in the middle of the stadium. I think the roof is replaced over 2019. The first home game could easily be Sept 21st. Gives the a few extra weeks. During the 19-20 hoops season...more work could be done inside.

SU needs to find a home for lacrosse for a couple years.

RE: John Wildhack- We Wont Lose Home Season Due To Carrier Dome Renovation - nzmorange - 07-21-2017 03:15 PM

I was hoping that we'd play at Cornell. It would be neat to fill that iconic stadium one last time.

RE: John Wildhack- We Wont Lose Home Season Due To Carrier Dome Renovation - Hokie Mark - 07-21-2017 03:57 PM

7 games in the Meadowlands that year!
05-stirthepot

RE: John Wildhack- We Wont Lose Home Season Due To Carrier Dome Renovation - Ole Blue - 07-21-2017 07:12 PM

(07-21-2017 03:57 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  7 games in the Meadowlands that year!
05-stirthepot

no thx syracuse can stay in NY

RE: John Wildhack- We Wont Lose Home Season Due To Carrier Dome Renovation - texasorange - 07-21-2017 07:53 PM

Me too! I hope they put a hard roof on it & add AC. I can't wait to come back for a game when it's done!

RE: John Wildhack- We Wont Lose Home Season Due To Carrier Dome Renovation - Bigtexnole - 07-21-2017 10:52 PM

There is nothing like saying nothing to get the fans and boosters excited and reaching into their pockets to support the nothing idea. LOL

Who ever the AD is at CUSE needs to take a few classes in marketing to better understand how to engage the public and solicit funding.

That article was a snooze fest of excitement.

RE: John Wildhack- We Wont Lose Home Season Due To Carrier Dome Renovation - TexanMark - 07-22-2017 09:28 AM

(07-21-2017 03:15 PM)nzmorange Wrote:  I was hoping that we'd play at Cornell. It would be neat to fill that iconic stadium one last time.

The FCS Holy Cross game could be moved to Cornell for Sept 14th. Cuse would have to see if it would conflict with Cornell. Isn't that usually opening weekend for Ivy League teams?

Not sure anyone would raise a huge stink.

RE: John Wildhack- We Wont Lose Home Season Due To Carrier Dome Renovation - TexanMark - 07-22-2017 09:34 AM

(07-21-2017 10:52 PM)Bigtexnole Wrote:  There is nothing like saying nothing to get the fans and boosters excited and reaching into their pockets to support the nothing idea. LOL

Who ever the AD is at CUSE needs to take a few classes in marketing to better understand how to engage the public and solicit funding.

Welcome to our world. 04-cheers

The issue is the Dome renovation is super complex and involves numerous teams and is in the middle of campus.

RE: John Wildhack- We Wont Lose Home Season Due To Carrier Dome Renovation - Pervis_Griffith - 07-22-2017 10:46 AM

(07-22-2017 09:34 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  
(07-21-2017 10:52 PM)Bigtexnole Wrote:  There is nothing like saying nothing to get the fans and boosters excited and reaching into their pockets to support the nothing idea. LOL

Welcome to our world. 04-cheers

The issue is the Dome renovation is super complex and involves numerous teams and is in the middle of campus.

Given how many team utilize the dome for their games, it would seem like someone will have to sacrifice some home dates while it gets renovated.

Once it is done, I am sure it will be an upgrade for all involved.

RE: John Wildhack- We Wont Lose Home Season Due To Carrier Dome Renovation - john01992 - 07-23-2017 01:13 AM

from what I heard they aren't going to do a roof replacement and are shifting away from any major renovations outside of concessions and lighting. they orginally weren't considering a roof replacement only to do a 180 when the vikings announced their stadium plans and they saw the new technology of that roof material as a possible option. but now they have waned on that and are back to square one which is complete indecision on what to do with the dome and preserving the status quo.

RE: John Wildhack- We Wont Lose Home Season Due To Carrier Dome Renovation - Wolfman - 07-23-2017 08:49 AM

The basketball court is in the end-zone. Could they renovate the other half of the stadium then move the court to that end? You may lose a few seats during renovation but it seems like you could still have 20k plus. That doesn't help with lacrosse though.

RE: John Wildhack- We Wont Lose Home Season Due To Carrier Dome Renovation - nzmorange - 07-23-2017 09:14 AM

(07-23-2017 01:13 AM)john01992 Wrote:  

from what I heard they aren't going to do a roof replacement and are shifting away from any major renovations outside of concessions and lighting. they orginally weren't considering a roof replacement only to do a 180 when the vikings announced their stadium plans and they saw the new technology of that roof material as a possible option. but now they have waned on that and are back to square one which is complete indecision on what to do with the dome and preserving the status quo.

I think that they'll do more than just concessions and lighting. There would be riots w/ this much buildup and wait for that little of a change.

We'd be crazy to not push extremely hard for city/state money, and both the city and the state would be crazy to not chip in *something.*

RE: John Wildhack- We Wont Lose Home Season Due To Carrier Dome Renovation - Chris02m1 - 07-23-2017 09:25 AM

if they were just doing concessions and lighting they would of done it already since that will be relatively cheap. They are most likely waiting for the current Syracuse mayor to leave office so they can work with the city and state to get some money combined with fundraising efforts. The roof has to be done. With 6 home games in football in both 18 and 19 i would think they will try to finalize a plan by early next year with time frame for projects to be done. I expect a 2 phase plan with roof in phase 1 and other interior stuff to be done in phase 2

RE: John Wildhack- We Wont Lose Home Season Due To Carrier Dome Renovation - nzmorange - 07-23-2017 09:58 AM

(07-23-2017 09:25 AM)Chris02m1 Wrote:  if they were just doing concessions and lighting they would of done it already since that will be relatively cheap. They are most likely waiting for the current Syracuse mayor to leave office so they can work with the city and state to get some money combined with fundraising efforts. The roof has to be done. With 6 home games in football in both 18 and 19 i would think they will try to finalize a plan by early next year with time frame for projects to be done. I expect a 2 phase plan with roof in phase 1 and other interior stuff to be done in phase 2

I can't see them not putting more/better luxury boxes.

RE: John Wildhack- We Wont Lose Home Season Due To Carrier Dome Renovation - Chris02m1 - 07-23-2017 12:17 PM

(07-23-2017 09:58 AM)nzmorange Wrote:  
(07-23-2017 09:25 AM)Chris02m1 Wrote:  if they were just doing concessions and lighting they would of done it already since that will be relatively cheap. They are most likely waiting for the current Syracuse mayor to leave office so they can work with the city and state to get some money combined with fundraising efforts. The roof has to be done. With 6 home games in football in both 18 and 19 i would think they will try to finalize a plan by early next year with time frame for projects to be done. I expect a 2 phase plan with roof in phase 1 and other interior stuff to be done in phase 2

I can't see them not putting more/better luxury boxes.

absolutely no brainer

RE: John Wildhack- We Wont Lose Home Season Due To Carrier Dome Renovation - TexanMark - 07-23-2017 05:55 PM

I heard the ACC is mandating a new permanent roof. If the roof ever had an epic collapse it would cost the league millions.

RE: John Wildhack- We Wont Lose Home Season Due To Carrier Dome Renovation - nzmorange - 07-23-2017 07:05 PM

(07-23-2017 05:55 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  I heard the ACC is mandating a new permanent roof. If the roof ever had an epic collapse it would cost the league millions.

I'd be amazed if this was true.

RE: John Wildhack- We Wont Lose Home Season Due To Carrier Dome Renovation - Hokie Mark - 07-23-2017 07:53 PM

(07-23-2017 07:05 PM)nzmorange Wrote:  
(07-23-2017 05:55 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  I heard the ACC is mandating a new permanent roof. If the roof ever had an epic collapse it would cost the league millions.

I'd be amazed if this was true.

Of course, they'll also require Clemson and Florida State to add permanent roofs as well... but all Coastal division teams will get an exclusion because #goacc!
05-stirthepot