CSNbbs
Sunday discussion: anybody making their first SBC Road trip this season? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Sunday discussion: anybody making their first SBC Road trip this season? (/thread-821989.html)

Pages: 1 2

Sunday discussion: anybody making their first SBC Road trip this season? - RamblinRedWolf - 07-16-2017 12:58 PM

Think the thread says it all but curious if anybody is or has aspirations to do so this season?

RE: Sunday discussion: anybody making their first SBC Road trip this season? - McLeansvilleAppFan - 07-16-2017 01:49 PM

(07-16-2017 12:58 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  Think the thread says it all but curious if anybody is or has aspirations to do so this season?

I am not working on 3 of the away game weekends. It would be nice to take in an away game this year, but the only one I could attend would be GaSt, though that would be nice to see in person. That, sadly is also the day I think I saw when Davidson College is going to be playing App State in basketball. And with one daughter at App and one at Davidson I would REALLY like to make this basketball game. There is no guarantee they will play each other in basketball again for a few years. so I need to strike while the iron is hot on this.

RE: Sunday discussion: anybody making their first SBC Road trip this season? - TrueBlueDrew - 07-16-2017 02:03 PM

Depending on my personal schedule and how we're doing towards the end of the season. I'm planning on going to the Coastal game. Enjoyed visiting for the first time this summer.

RE: Sunday discussion: anybody making their first SBC Road trip this season? - chiefsfan - 07-16-2017 02:13 PM

If I had a choice of road game for us, it would be SMU, but I doubt I make any road trips this year.

RE: Sunday discussion: anybody making their first SBC Road trip this season? - RamblinRedWolf - 07-16-2017 02:29 PM

Yep gotta say my road trip will probably be SMU though would love to make a trip to Las Cruces as I've always wanted to visit New Mexico

RE: Sunday discussion: anybody making their first SBC Road trip this season? - Florida RedWolf - 07-16-2017 02:35 PM

(07-16-2017 02:29 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  Yep gotta say my road trip will probably be SMU though would love to make a trip to Las Cruces as I've always wanted to visit New Mexico

I'm in. Dallas, Statesboro, and Mobile. Not my first by any means but whats planned this season.

RE: Sunday discussion: anybody making their first SBC Road trip this season? - SkullyMaroo - 07-16-2017 03:07 PM

My work schedule is setting up to prevent any midweek games this year. So for now it looks like no USA @ Troy Wednesday night game and probably no USA @ GSU Thursday night game for me this year. That leaves NMSU and GS as SBC road games -- so I might try to see how it works out to go to Statesboro.

RE: Sunday discussion: anybody making their first SBC Road trip this season? - Michael in Raleigh - 07-16-2017 03:32 PM

(07-16-2017 12:58 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  Think the thread says it all but curious if anybody is or has aspirations to do so this season?

I'd love to go to a Coastal Carolina home game against App next year. That's not a bad drive at all from Raleigh (altgough I really look forward to the day when there's actually an interstate to Myrtle Beach after decades of planning). I've also never been to Statesboro. That might be cool.

RE: Sunday discussion: anybody making their first SBC Road trip this season? - troutbummike - 07-16-2017 03:49 PM

I'll likely go to Ga St.

RE: Sunday discussion: anybody making their first SBC Road trip this season? - Bobcat2013 - 07-16-2017 06:08 PM

Me and some friends planned on going to Colorado, but then they wussed out. It kind of works out though since I'm closing on a house and need to stop spending so much.

RE: Sunday discussion: anybody making their first SBC Road trip this season? - slycat - 07-16-2017 08:25 PM

I am going to Colorado. Tickets and flight are purchased.

RE: Sunday discussion: anybody making their first SBC Road trip this season? - CoachWillRob - 07-16-2017 09:06 PM

Tentatively planning on a road trip to Athens for opening weekend. Would love to check out the tailgating down there.

RE: Sunday discussion: anybody making their first SBC Road trip this season? - AtlantaMountaineer - 07-17-2017 02:54 AM

I am looking forward to my first trip ever to Texas State. I bought my plane tickets this weekend and have a good friend that lives in San Antonio that I will be visiting. Also plan to check out the new digs at GSU.

RE: Sunday discussion: anybody making their first SBC Road trip this season? - TheEagleWay - 07-17-2017 07:01 AM

(07-16-2017 03:07 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  My work schedule is setting up to prevent any midweek games this year. So for now it looks like no USA @ Troy Wednesday night game and probably no USA @ GSU Thursday night game for me this year. That leaves NMSU and GS as SBC road games -- so I might try to see how it works out to go to Statesboro.

Hope we can meet up. I'll be 4 weeks out of our newborn's date that that point so I hope I can make that game.

RE: Sunday discussion: anybody making their first SBC Road trip this season? - TrueBlueAlum - 07-17-2017 08:27 AM

I was planning on going to the Coastal game, until it was announced that it was going to be in December. So I went this last weekend instead for a golf trip. Had a blast.

RE: Sunday discussion: anybody making their first SBC Road trip this season? - HighCountry - 07-17-2017 09:11 AM

(07-16-2017 03:32 PM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  

I'd love to go to a Coastal Carolina home game against App next year. That's not a bad drive at all from Raleigh (altgough I really look forward to the day when there's actually an interstate to Myrtle Beach after decades of planning). I've also never been to Statesboro. That might be cool.

GaSo away games are fun for a couple of reasons, none of which are Statesboro.

Having an excuse to spend a couple of nights drinking in Savannah is great, and the environment in Paulson is usually pretty lively given the rivalry and (most likely) Thursday night setting.

RE: Sunday discussion: anybody making their first SBC Road trip this season? - trapdrawApp - 07-17-2017 07:30 PM

(07-17-2017 08:27 AM)TrueBlueAlum Wrote:  I was planning on going to the Coastal game, until it was announced that it was going to be in December. So I went this last weekend instead for a golf trip. Had a blast.

Where did you play?

RE: Sunday discussion: anybody making their first SBC Road trip this season? - Michael in Raleigh - 07-17-2017 10:23 PM

(07-17-2017 09:11 AM)HighCountry Wrote:  
(07-16-2017 03:32 PM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  

GaSo away games are fun for a couple of reasons, none of which are Statesboro.

Having an excuse to spend a couple of nights drinking in Savannah is great, and the environment in Paulson is usually pretty lively given the rivalry and (most likely) Thursday night setting.

My wife's younger cousin just graduated from Ga. Southern. It would have been cool if we could have gone down last fall to see App take care of business and to see whY in the world she liked GS so much. 03-wink

RE: Sunday discussion: anybody making their first SBC Road trip this season? - TrueBlueAlum - 07-19-2017 08:04 AM

(07-17-2017 07:30 PM)trapdrawApp Wrote:  
(07-17-2017 08:27 AM)TrueBlueAlum Wrote:  I was planning on going to the Coastal game, until it was announced that it was going to be in December. So I went this last weekend instead for a golf trip. Had a blast.

Where did you play?

The Legends resort. They have some deal you stay 4 nights at their townehome resort play 4 rounds of golf, breakfast buffet and lunch at the country club every day plus 2 drink tickets a day and 4 drink tickets to use at the Pub. It cost us roughly $300 per person. Basically a steal. The caveat is that you are a playing in 95 degree heat for 4 days in a row.

It was literally only my second time ever playing golf (so I'm terrible) but I had a lot of fun. It was me and 11 other guys I graduated college with (all in our 30's now). The rooms were 2 bed / 2 bath + full kitchen. Each room had 2 queen beds.

RE: Sunday discussion: anybody making their first SBC Road trip this season? - jag313 - 07-19-2017 08:55 AM

SBC Road trips made to date:

Troy (2)
UL (3)
Ark St
Ga St

Don't foresee adding any new venues this year. Although we are making the trip to Oxford. Want to see what all the Grove hype is about.

Want to go to GS just a tough trip from Mobile and always seems to fall close to Thanksgiving we were play there.