CSNbbs
Progressives think Dems should chase more Black votes - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Progressives think Dems should chase more Black votes (/thread-821895.html)

Progressives think Dems should chase more Black votes - bullet - 07-14-2017 10:31 AM

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/341936-progressives-dems-at-risk-of-perennial-election-defeat

Progressives don't think Democrats are doing enough to chase young Black and Hispanic voters.

RE: Progressives think Dems should chase more Black votes - rath v2.0 - 07-14-2017 10:36 AM

Yet another fabulous idea I think they should double down on.

RE: Progressives think Dems should chase more Black votes - Fo Shizzle - 07-14-2017 10:53 AM

No chase is needed.

RE: Progressives think Dems should chase more Black votes - DefCONNOne - 07-14-2017 10:59 AM

(07-14-2017 10:31 AM)bullet Wrote:  http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/341936-progressives-dems-at-risk-of-perennial-election-defeat

Progressives don't think Democrats are doing enough to chase young Black and Hispanic voters.

I didn't read the article, do they mean to say chase as in wrangling? Or, chase as in run them off?

RE: Progressives think Dems should chase more Black votes - shere khan - 07-14-2017 11:51 AM

Racism

RE: Progressives think Dems should chase more Black votes - Kronke - 07-14-2017 12:15 PM

Great idea, but they can't forget the muslim vote. I personally feel that it is islamophobic that Linda Sarsour isn't at least DNC chairwoman, if not top of the ticket.

Sarsour/Waters 2020

RE: Progressives think Dems should chase more Black votes - olliebaba - 07-14-2017 12:15 PM

My barber (hispanic too) hates Trump but he's not too bright though. We started talking politics one day and as soon as I found out he leaned Demoncrat I shut up. You can't be too brave with your opinions that run counter to the guy that's holding a straight edge and an electric razor. I could have come out with a Mohawk or a large scar around my neck. LOL

RE: Progressives think Dems should chase more Black votes - shere khan - 07-14-2017 01:39 PM

(07-14-2017 12:15 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  My barber (hispanic too) hates Trump but he's not too bright though. We started talking politics one day and as soon as I found out he leaned Demoncrat I shut up. You can't be too brave with your opinions that run counter to the guy that's holding a straight edge and an electric razor. I could have come out with a Mohawk or a large scar around my neck. LOL
Add bartender to that list

RE: Progressives think Dems should chase more Black votes - Tom in Lazybrook - 07-14-2017 01:44 PM

(07-14-2017 10:31 AM)bullet Wrote:  http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/341936-progressives-dems-at-risk-of-perennial-election-defeat

They aren't. Especially Hispanic younger voters.

RE: Progressives think Dems should chase more Black votes - ECUGrad07 - 07-14-2017 01:48 PM

I think the Democrats should do more to attract young Russian voters.

RE: Progressives think Dems should chase more Black votes - Niner National - 07-14-2017 01:54 PM

This idea is like picking pennies up off the sidewalk on the walk in to collect your Powerball check.

RE: Progressives think Dems should chase more Black votes - Tom in Lazybrook - 07-14-2017 02:51 PM

(07-14-2017 01:48 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  I think the Democrats should do more to attract young Russian voters.

Russian American voters are overwhelmingly Democrats. Depending upon how you classify someone as "Russian", I'm one of them.

Trump is really more concerned about 1 Russian voter (Putin) than he is about any minority in the USA.

RE: Progressives think Dems should chase more Black votes - Claw - 07-14-2017 03:46 PM

The only way to get Obama turnout numbers again is to run another black candidate.

I predict they will try running a black VP candidate next time.

RE: Progressives think Dems should chase more Black votes - miko33 - 07-14-2017 03:52 PM

I read the article. I'm surprised at the conclusion the writer draws from these facts. Case in point, the young minority voter in the article who would vote GOP if the GOP tackles issues important to his local community. That's not an identity issue, that's economic. If you pursue policies that expand the mfg base in the end, that is good for ALL blue collar workers. My God... people are people. A young man will commonly have similar goals regardless of ethnicity. IMHO, if the Dems believe this approach then they will woefully miss the real concerns of all Americans.

RE: Progressives think Dems should chase more Black votes - shere khan - 07-14-2017 04:16 PM

(07-14-2017 03:52 PM)miko33 Wrote:  I read the article. I'm surprised at the conclusion the writer draws from these facts. Case in point, the young minority voter in the article who would vote GOP if the GOP tackles issues important to his local community. That's not an identity issue, that's economic. If you pursue policies that expand the mfg base in the end, that is good for ALL blue collar workers. My God... people are people. A young man will commonly have similar goals regardless of ethnicity. IMHO, if the Dems believe this approach then they will woefully miss the real concerns of all Americans.

Just that simple. Its how slick Willy won

RE: Progressives think Dems should chase more Black votes - miko33 - 07-14-2017 04:23 PM

(07-14-2017 04:16 PM)shere khan Wrote:  
(07-14-2017 03:52 PM)miko33 Wrote:  I read the article. I'm surprised at the conclusion the writer draws from these facts. Case in point, the young minority voter in the article who would vote GOP if the GOP tackles issues important to his local community. That's not an identity issue, that's economic. If you pursue policies that expand the mfg base in the end, that is good for ALL blue collar workers. My God... people are people. A young man will commonly have similar goals regardless of ethnicity. IMHO, if the Dems believe this approach then they will woefully miss the real concerns of all Americans.

Just that simple. Its how slick Willy won

No doubt. Prior to WJC, the Dems were already treading down the path of identity politics. Regardless of what people thought of Bill, he had a great knack for ignoring identity politics and making everyone feel like they had a friend in Bill. People believed that he would look out for their best interests.