CSNbbs
CUSAbbs Preseason Football Poll - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: CUSAbbs Preseason Football Poll (/thread-821767.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: CUSAbbs Preseason Football Poll - odu09 - 07-18-2017 09:35 AM

(07-18-2017 09:31 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  keep picking us last. I like it. This will be a fun season.

Yeah, like I said earlier, I don't get it. I'm excited for you guys

RE: CUSAbbs Preseason Football Poll - AdoptedMonarch - 07-18-2017 09:43 AM

(07-18-2017 09:31 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  keep picking us last. I like it. This will be a fun season.

Or, it may also be due to you being the only UAB fan who made the effort to submit an entry.

Marshall fans likewise have a surprisingly low number of poll participants, at least compared to the number of active posters on this forum. (That may be explained by the fact that neither UAB nor Marshall fielded a football team last season.)

RE: CUSAbbs Preseason Football Poll - MonarchManiac - 07-18-2017 09:51 AM

Does FIU have fans?

RE: CUSAbbs Preseason Football Poll - odu09 - 07-18-2017 09:56 AM

(07-18-2017 09:43 AM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  

Or, it may also be due to you being the only UAB fan who made the effort to submit an entry.

Marshall fans likewise have a surprisingly low number of poll participants, at least compared to the number of active posters on this forum. (That may be explained by the fact that neither UAB nor Marshall fielded a football team last season.)

Somebody needs to call a fire marshall for that burn

RE: CUSAbbs Preseason Football Poll - goliath74 - 07-18-2017 10:29 AM

(07-18-2017 09:51 AM)MonarchManiac Wrote:  Does FIU have fans?

I am sure they do, they're just not on these boards. After all, they may be the largest enrollment school in the conference

RE: CUSAbbs Preseason Football Poll - Fish - 07-18-2017 10:37 AM

(07-18-2017 09:51 AM)MonarchManiac Wrote:  Does FIU have fans?

I don't know of many FIU fans that post on here for some reason.

My take:

1) La Tech
2) WKU
3) MT
4) USM
5) ODU
6) UTSA
7) NT
8) FIU
9) FAU
10) Marshall
11) Char
12) Rice
13) UAB
14) UTEP

Not sure about all the hate for FIU by many on here. We return as many starters as basically anyone in the country. McGough played poorly because the Turner coaching staff and play calling was absolutely garbage and predictable. McGough will have a much better year this year as a senior.

RE: CUSAbbs Preseason Football Poll - owlcountry40 - 07-18-2017 10:56 AM

The FIU forum has like 4 posters.

RE: CUSAbbs Preseason Football Poll - ODU Oldtimer - 07-18-2017 11:18 AM

(07-18-2017 09:56 AM)odu09 Wrote:  
(07-18-2017 09:43 AM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  

Somebody needs to call a fire marshall for that burn

LMAO

RE: CUSAbbs Preseason Football Poll - inutech - 07-18-2017 11:25 AM

(07-18-2017 09:35 AM)odu09 Wrote:  

You don't get it?

Like, you really don't understand why someone would predict a last place finish for UAB?

I mean, they very well may win some conference games, but I'm not sure how anyone could confidently predict that for them. They didn't play at all last year, we don't have anything to go on.

RE: CUSAbbs Preseason Football Poll - Gilesfan - 07-18-2017 11:33 AM

I mean seriously. On what basis should UAB be picked higher than last?

RE: CUSAbbs Preseason Football Poll - Free bird - 07-18-2017 12:00 PM

Question for La Tech fans, Higgins, Taylor, and Henderson were beasts and were the big scorers. You stop one guy and the other takes over. They were the big weapons. Who will the top weapons for Latech this year?

RE: CUSAbbs Preseason Football Poll - odu09 - 07-18-2017 12:09 PM

(07-18-2017 11:25 AM)inutech Wrote:  
(07-18-2017 09:35 AM)odu09 Wrote:  

You don't get it?

Like, you really don't understand why someone would predict a last place finish for UAB?

I mean, they very well may win some conference games, but I'm not sure how anyone could confidently predict that for them. They didn't play at all last year, we don't have anything to go on.

2 or 3 wins in conference is all you need to not finish in last. I don't see how that would be a surprise.

RE: CUSAbbs Preseason Football Poll - KAjunRaider - 07-18-2017 12:11 PM

(07-18-2017 07:50 AM)odu09 Wrote:  
(07-17-2017 10:18 AM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  1. La Tech
2. MT (we lose the championship game at home to Tech)
3. WKU
4. USM
5. ODU
6. UTSA
7. Marshall
8. FAU
9. UTEP
10. UTEP
11. North Texas
12. FIU
13. Charlotte
14. UAB

I assume you had Rice at #10 instead of two UTEPs. Correct me if I'm wrong

Dammit. Thanks...

Put Rice at #9, and UTEP 10

RE: CUSAbbs Preseason Football Poll - odu09 - 07-18-2017 12:11 PM

(07-18-2017 11:33 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  I mean seriously. On what basis should UAB be picked higher than last?

Man it's a good thing you said seriously, otherwise I would have responded with a joke.

RE: CUSAbbs Preseason Football Poll - SICemDAWGS! - 07-18-2017 12:24 PM

(07-18-2017 12:00 PM)Free bird Wrote:  Question for La Tech fans, Higgins, Taylor, and Henderson were beasts and were the big scorers. You stop one guy and the other takes over. They were the big weapons. Who will the top weapons for Latech this year?
Smith, Craft, Veal, Hardy, Scott, and McKnight with a chance for fancy Dancy to make an appearance (kid who beat non-hodgkin's lymphoma). Smith has shown a grasp of the offense that if he continues the poise he showed at Arkansas last year could be lethal. Craft and Scott are the two-headed monster, Craft had 1000+ last year and Scott averaged over 7 ypc. Veal, Hardy, and McKnight might be the most talented group of receivers Tech has ever lined up. McKnight has been a mainstay overshadowed by TT and Los the past few years, but is a big bodied sure handed guy. Veal is a transfer from Tulane that was acclaimed as the best receiver in the fold since he walked on campus in the summer of 2016. Hardy is a 4* who walked away from Oklahoma to come here last year. He will be a RS Frosh, but very well may be the best receiver of the bunch. Tech also has three Frosh receivers 6'2", 6'3", and 6'5" that will be chomping at the bit to be the next great combo. Dancy is a bit of a wild card. After his diagnosis last year him playing again was not a priority, but just him surviving. He is in remission now and has put back the weight on he lost during treatment. He has looked as explosive as ever in the little bit I've seen him, I'm tempering my expectations, but he looks ready to show why he was considered the best back out of South Arkansas since this guy who set multiple NCAA TD records and holds quite a few school records as well. Another guy to watch (if he doesn't redshirt) is Amik Robertson in PR/KR duty. Tech got him to sign despite a visit from Ed O right before signing day. He was touted as the next Tyrann Mathieu, he has elite field vision and watching his film reminded me of Saturday Night Livas who set the NCAA mark for return TD's while at Tech.

In short, there is not expected to be any shortage of weapons on the offensive side. I expect there to be some growing pains, but to see the offense clicking by midseason at the pace we've been accustomed to. The exciting thing is that the depth and talent from the Freshman to Juniors is extremely promising. Hopefully we begin to see strides on the defensive side to compliment the offense. I'm excited for this season and think we can compete for the West and possibly CUSA title if the team comes together as expected. That said, the 2018 version of the Bulldogs are quickly building rumblings of being a team that can and will compete with anyone you line up across from them. Which as a Tech fan is quite exciting given a trip to Baton Rouge is on tap, and we have some unfinished business to take care of from our last trip down that way when the Tiggers got some late game help from Dooley's playcalling and SEC officials to bail them out.

RE: CUSAbbs Preseason Football Poll - Collin_Ellis - 07-18-2017 01:22 PM

(07-18-2017 12:00 PM)Free bird Wrote:  Question for La Tech fans, Higgins, Taylor, and Henderson were beasts and were the big scorers. You stop one guy and the other takes over. They were the big weapons. Who will the top weapons for Latech this year?

Teddy Veal and Kam McKnight I predict will be the guys with the most targets/reception. Scott and Craft will provide steady reliable production at the RB position. I don't believe either are 1st team type RBs but compliment each other well and are vets in this offense. IMO our best weapons may be on the interior OLine. I look for Tech to be able to run the ball and control the clock unlike we have the past few seasons. This is huge considering we are breaking in a new QB. This allows us to simplify the playbook but still be dangerous.

Defensively, Canty and Ferguson up front will be able to rush the passer and we have several young DBs that have the potential to step into playmakers roles. I'd watch for L'Jarius Sneed, Aaron Roberson, Zach Hannibal, and Ephraim Kitchen along with Freshman Jaden Cole and Amik Robertson. That's obviously a long list but we will see 5+ DBs on the field most times and those guys have been some of our best recruits. I hope we can have 2-3 LBs step up and play serviceable football. If not, we are in for another below average defense.

RE: CUSAbbs Preseason Football Poll - Luckyshot - 07-18-2017 03:26 PM

(07-18-2017 11:33 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  I mean seriously. On what basis should UAB be picked higher than last?

I picked UAB higher than last based on coaching. I think Rice and UTEP coaches are a bigger negative than 2 seasons with no football at UAB.

RE: CUSAbbs Preseason Football Poll - shiftyeagle - 07-18-2017 03:53 PM

I don't know how we will be, but we will probably beat Louisiana Tech

RE: CUSAbbs Preseason Football Poll - Old Dominion - 07-18-2017 04:05 PM

This is our year to break the MTSU jinx.

RE: CUSAbbs Preseason Football Poll - MT FAN - 07-18-2017 05:00 PM

(07-18-2017 04:05 PM)Old Dominion Wrote:  This is our year to break the MTSU jinx.

Not gonna happen. Expect another beatdown.