CSNbbs
CAA and CBS Sign a Multi-Year Men's Basketball Championship Deal - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: CAA and CBS Sign a Multi-Year Men's Basketball Championship Deal (/thread-821691.html)

CAA and CBS Sign a Multi-Year Men's Basketball Championship Deal - Washingtonian - 07-11-2017 12:04 PM

http://caasports.com/news/2017/7/6/mens-basketball-caa-cbs-sign-multi-year-mbb-championship-deal.aspx

RICHMOND, Va. (July 11, 2017) –Today, the Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) and CBS Sports Network announced a new agreement to televise the semifinals and finals of the CAA Men’s Basketball Championship for the next four years through 2021.

RE: CAA and CBS Sign a Multi-Year Men's Basketball Championship Deal - Wear Purple - 07-11-2017 12:06 PM

Good catch. And....

As part of the agreement, the four-day CAA Men’s Basketball Championship will now be played from Saturday-Tuesday, allowing the semifinals and championship game to be televised in prime time during the evening.

RE: CAA and CBS Sign a Multi-Year Men's Basketball Championship Deal - QuinDuke - 07-11-2017 12:16 PM

The primetime exposure is nice, but the timing change seems likely to significantly impact attendance.

RE: CAA and CBS Sign a Multi-Year Men's Basketball Championship Deal - Wear Purple - 07-11-2017 12:20 PM

(07-11-2017 12:16 PM)QuinDuke Wrote:  The primetime exposure is nice, but the timing change seems likely to significantly impact attendance.

I have to agree. Normally, the best attendance day of Saturday will now be the 7-10/8-9 games before the Quarterfinals get going on Sunday. Semifinals now on Monday instead of Sunday.

But, I believe the Dukes will pack the place for the championship game on Tuesday night. :>)

RE: CAA and CBS Sign a Multi-Year Men's Basketball Championship Deal - bridgeforthduke - 07-11-2017 12:22 PM

That's nice.

So...how about that other sport that starts in 50ish days?

RE: CAA and CBS Sign a Multi-Year Men's Basketball Championship Deal - Potomac - 07-11-2017 01:16 PM

This isn't really surprising considering last year's title game was on CBSSN. It'd be nice to get our CAA football games on it but I haven't know the channel to cover FCS outside of a small amount of bigger Patriot league games. I think they've aired the Lehigh-Lafayette game in years past.

RE: CAA and CBS Sign a Multi-Year Men's Basketball Championship Deal - ParentofJMUMRDs - 07-11-2017 02:02 PM

OK all well and good but what about football, WBB etc? Any noise on those fronts?

Brian

RE: CAA and CBS Sign a Multi-Year Men's Basketball Championship Deal - Hart Foundation - 07-11-2017 09:29 PM

Yuck. Monday semis and Tuesday finals.