CSNbbs
Tis the Season for Preseason Watch Lists - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Tis the Season for Preseason Watch Lists (/thread-821663.html)

Tis the Season for Preseason Watch Lists - ODU AGGIE - 07-11-2017 07:31 AM

It's always interesting to see which players are placed on the early watch lists.

The initial list of 85 players selected for the Maxwell Award has been announced and includes four of C-USA's finest -- quarterback Mike White (Western Kentucky), QB Brent Stockstill (Middle Tennessee), RB Ray Lawry (Old Dominion) and RB Ito Smith (Southern Miss). Good luck to all.

Meanwhile, we evidently do not play defense at all in the good ole C-USA. Of 86 players named to the Bednarik Watch List, not a single one of them is from the conference of the good guys. Not even one! Heck, I can think of three Monarchs that deserve consideration: DE Oshane Ximines, DE Bunmi Rotimi and CB Brandon Addison certainly come to mind. Surely at least one of them should have made the list, and I am confident you guys can come up with more than a handful of others that have been dissed. You would think the Toppers, Blue Raiders, Runners and Dogs would have at least one that is worthy. Oh well.

RE: Tis the Season for Preseason Watch Lists - dahbeed - 07-11-2017 07:52 AM

(07-11-2017 07:31 AM)ODU AGGIE Wrote:  It's always interesting to see which players are placed on the early watch lists.

The initial list of 85 players selected for the Maxwell Award has been announced and includes four of C-USA's finest -- quarterback Mike White (Western Kentucky), QB Brent Stockstill (Middle Tennessee), RB Ray Lawry (Old Dominion) and RB Ito Smith (Southern Miss). Good luck to all.

Meanwhile, we evidently do not play defense at all in the good ole C-USA. Of 86 players named to the Bednarik Watch List, not a single one of them is from the conference of the good guys. Not even one! Heck, I can think of three Monarchs that deserve consideration: DE Oshane Ximines, DE Bunmi Rotimi and CB Brandon Addison certainly come to mind. Surely at least one of them should have made the list, and I am confident you guys can come up with more than a handful of others that have been dissed. You would think the Toppers, Blue Raiders, Runners and Dogs would have at least one that is worthy. Oh well.

This conference isn't known for its 10-7 games.

But i get your point. And agree. I can't think of anyone on our team. Maybe TJ if he had stayed.

We known for the O baby.

RE: Tis the Season for Preseason Watch Lists - Collin_Ellis - 07-11-2017 10:27 AM

Jaylon Ferguson, La Tech DE is on the Bednarik Watch List.

https://www.ktbs.com/sports/jaylon-ferguson-places-on-bednarik-award-watch-list/article_29c4739c-65cc-11e7-ab58-3bb63edc0f97.html

RE: Tis the Season for Preseason Watch Lists - Dawgxas - 07-11-2017 10:41 AM

(07-11-2017 10:27 AM)Collin_Ellis Wrote:  Jaylon Ferguson, La Tech DE is on the Bednarik Watch List.

https://www.ktbs.com/sports/jaylon-ferguson-places-on-bednarik-award-watch-list/article_29c4739c-65cc-11e7-ab58-3bb63edc0f97.html

If he has another monster year, he'll be leaving early.

RE: Tis the Season for Preseason Watch Lists - MinerInWisconsin - 07-11-2017 10:50 AM

I've noticed 2 USM players on watch lists already. TE and I believe RB.

RE: Tis the Season for Preseason Watch Lists - Collin_Ellis - 07-11-2017 11:01 AM

(07-11-2017 10:41 AM)Dawgxas Wrote:  
(07-11-2017 10:27 AM)Collin_Ellis Wrote:  Jaylon Ferguson, La Tech DE is on the Bednarik Watch List.

If he has another monster year, he'll be leaving early.

While I certianly want him around for another year (I believe 2018 could be our most talented team in a long time), I also hope he does have a season that would warrant an early departure. It also can't hurt recruiting pointing to guys that are early departures and high round draft picks like we have had the past few years. In fact, I think that is the reason we have had the success this season in recruiting. Most 3 stars we have had in a while, especially this early in the process.

RE: Tis the Season for Preseason Watch Lists - ODU AGGIE - 07-11-2017 11:09 AM

Tech Dogs -- Sorry I missed his name on the list. I went over the list three times before posting -- and evidently missed it every time. I agree. Ferguson certainly is deserving of being on this list. Only one from C-USA still shows a striking disrespect for the defensive talent in this league.

RE: Tis the Season for Preseason Watch Lists - ODU AGGIE - 07-11-2017 11:46 AM

The Mackey Watch List is out with reasonable representation from C-USA to include Julian Allen (Southern Miss), Melvin Vaughn (Old Dominion), Shaq Williams (UTSA) and Ryan Yurachek (Marshall). My personal choice from this group is Yurachek. Hey guys. Let me know if I missed anyone on this list.

RE: Tis the Season for Preseason Watch Lists - ODU AGGIE - 07-11-2017 12:35 PM

And now we have our reps on the Remington Watch List -- Antonyo Woods (Florida Atlantic), Dennis Edwards (Western Kentucky), Levi Brown (Marshall), Nick Clarke (Old Dominion), and Trey Martin (Rice). Congrats to all.

RE: Tis the Season for Preseason Watch Lists - ODU AGGIE - 07-12-2017 07:27 PM

The Ray Guy Award Watch List is out, and C-USA has these three on it: Bailey Cate (Old Dominion), Matt Bonadies (Middle Tennessee) and Jake Collins (Western Kentuky). Congrats to all three!
:

RE: Tis the Season for Preseason Watch Lists - Doots4Dawgs - 07-12-2017 07:37 PM

Barnes is on the Groza list

RE: Tis the Season for Preseason Watch Lists - southernbirds67 - 07-13-2017 11:56 AM

Shaunfield (USM) also on Groza list.

RE: Tis the Season for Preseason Watch Lists - ODU AGGIE - 07-14-2017 10:06 AM

I cannot find the entire list yet, but Brandon Addison (Old Dominion) has been named to the Jim Thorpe Watch List.

EDIT: Just found it.

Brandon Addison (Old Dominion)
Joe Brown (Western Kentucky)
Kishawn McClain (North Texas)
Jaylen Young (Florida Atlantic)

RE: Tis the Season for Preseason Watch Lists - MinerInWisconsin - 07-14-2017 01:02 PM

The Outland Trophy for the best interior lineman has 2 from C-USA:

Will Hernandez of UTEP
O'Shea Dugas of LT