CSNbbs
Arkansas State vs Miami - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Arkansas State vs Miami (/thread-821649.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Arkansas State vs Miami - TroyFootball05 - 07-10-2017 09:27 PM

How are you guys feeling about this game? Just saw where they are sitting on the #1 recruiting class. Hopefully you guys live up to the hype and make this a game, but I wouldn't give you too much hell if they blow you guys out. Mark Richt is turning the "U" into a monster. Best of luck.

http://miami.247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/Commits

Arkansas State vs Miami - WolfBird - 07-10-2017 09:33 PM

They’ll beat us by 14-20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Arkansas State vs Miami - sdcritter - 07-10-2017 09:43 PM

They're super talented and have had some stability. At least a 3 TD loss.

RE: Arkansas State vs Miami - BKTopper - 07-10-2017 10:56 PM

Bet the first quarter's must-see tv, though. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

RE: Arkansas State vs Miami - Ewglenn - 07-10-2017 10:57 PM

Miami is talented but they don't have a proven qb. I expect they will run the ball A LOT. Then try and mix in play action. No offense but I doubt you guys make it a game. I think they will get back to 10 wins this year and are well on their way to being top of the ACC. Miami by 24.

RE: Arkansas State vs Miami - CheckYosef94 - 07-10-2017 11:22 PM

Richt knows what he's doing. I made the mistake and doubted them last year and they turned us into a chew toy. No disrespect to Ark State but with y'alls recent history in OOC plus Miami being Miami I seriously doubt this is much of a game. Please prove me wrong.

Arkansas State vs Miami - chiefsfan - 07-10-2017 11:33 PM

Our goal will be to lose by fewer points than app did.

My guess is 42-14

RE: Arkansas State vs Miami - eaglewraith - 07-11-2017 05:53 AM

Don't get okey doked 3 minutes in like App did.

For all the hype around that game I think App got blinded by the moment a little bit. Either that or Miami is just a monster in waiting with a competent coach like Richt.

RE: Arkansas State vs Miami - Ewglenn - 07-11-2017 07:30 AM

(07-11-2017 05:53 AM)eaglewraith Wrote:  Don't get okey doked 3 minutes in like App did.

For all the hype around that game I think App got blinded by the moment a little bit. Either that or Miami is just a monster in waiting with a competent coach like Richt.

Mostly just a monster in waiting

RE: Arkansas State vs Miami - JCGSU - 07-11-2017 07:35 AM

I think Richt will have them at the top of the ACC just one or two games shy of being a NC contender just like at thUGA. I wish the best for ArkSt but they ran through App like a hot knife through butter and they will likely be better this year. Upset is in the dictionary for a reason though. Plus two and up in the turn over margin and I like ArkSt's chances.

RE: Arkansas State vs Miami - Florida RedWolf - 07-11-2017 07:45 AM

I attended the first game in Miami. We played the run ok but they killed us with a very good QB, and tall receivers against our short corners. They now have the their best coach in decades and he has them on a roll which I expected when he was named coach. Top twenty five this year, top ACC next year, maybe national champs in three years. They are rolling but really expect a closer game this year than the first if our corners hold up.

RE: Arkansas State vs Miami - Georgia_Power_Company - 07-11-2017 08:27 AM

I've never liked Miami (not really sure why) but I do respect the history and how they are improving. Hopefully stAte pulls the upset but I wouldn't be surprised if Miami blows you out either.

RE: Arkansas State vs Miami - EigenEagle - 07-11-2017 09:40 AM

Mark Richt coached at UGA 14 seasons and he never had a good team with a first-year starter QB. I see that trend continuing this year.

It's still a long-shot for Ark State, but I seriously doubt Miami gets to double-digit wins this year.

RE: Arkansas State vs Miami - arkstfan - 07-11-2017 12:19 PM

Miami didn't have a lot of trouble against us last time and they had an absolutely STUPID game plan that allowed us to stay closer than we should have. Miami's caliber of coaching has gone way up, the talent is better. Only thing to AState's advantage is they are breaking in a new QB.

I expect to see Bonner get reps at QB for AState.

RE: Arkansas State vs Miami - RamblinRedWolf - 07-11-2017 01:21 PM

I'm stoked for the game regardless of outcome! This will probably be the biggest name opponent (and not mention the best all around) team I'll ever see play in Jonesboro

RE: Arkansas State vs Miami - Florida RedWolf - 07-11-2017 01:39 PM

(07-11-2017 01:21 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  I'm stoked for the game regardless of outcome! This will probably be the biggest name opponent (and not mention the best all around) team I'll ever see play in Jonesboro

Probably true but we did see Ole Miss, Louisville and TCU in J-town.

RE: Arkansas State vs Miami - arkstfan - 07-11-2017 01:41 PM

(07-11-2017 01:39 PM)Florida RedWolf Wrote:  
(07-11-2017 01:21 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  I'm stoked for the game regardless of outcome! This will probably be the biggest name opponent (and not mention the best all around) team I'll ever see play in Jonesboro

Yeah but Louisville and TCU weren't P5 at the time and none of them a consensus top 25.
And you forgot Mizzou and they weren't top 25 material either.

RE: Arkansas State vs Miami - UofMemphis - 07-11-2017 01:48 PM

Miami at Ark State and UCLA at Memphis...what the hell is going on with college football? lol

RE: Arkansas State vs Miami - Florida RedWolf - 07-11-2017 01:50 PM

(07-11-2017 01:41 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(07-11-2017 01:39 PM)Florida RedWolf Wrote:  

Yeah but Louisville and TCU weren't P5 at the time and none of them a consensus top 25.
And you forgot Mizzou and they weren't top 25 material either.

Didn't forget Mizzou, just didn't think they were as good as the others.

RE: Arkansas State vs Miami - Fanof49ASU - 07-11-2017 01:56 PM

I'd love to see us beat Miami like we were playing Appy St, but they are always fast!!! It'll be a tough to keep it close.