CSNbbs
CBS Sports AAC Offseason Power Rankings - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: CBS Sports AAC Offseason Power Rankings (/thread-821623.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

CBS Sports AAC Offseason Power Rankings - justinhub2003 - 07-10-2017 02:28 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/american-offseason-power-rankings-the-aacs-new-team-is-also-its-best-team/

I don't think Norlander gave Jacob Evans enough love. The leading scorer doesn't even get a mention

RE: CBS Sports AAC Offseason Power Rankings - JHG722 - 07-10-2017 03:08 PM

Really gave a lot of effort with Temple's write-up.

RE: CBS Sports AAC Offseason Power Rankings - Aargh - 07-10-2017 03:16 PM

From the article:

Quote:"Commissioner Mike Aresco agressively pursues inclusion into the Power 5: Aresco and the American put together a hefty PR pitch/manifesto/stratagem in order to up the league's public standing. Here's the thing: the Wichita State inclusion promotes the conference in and of itself. And it's not a "power 6." There's a -- go with me on this term? -- Major 7. The Big East, though not a player in football, is indisputably a top-four conference in college basketball now. We had a major six group of leagues, and the AAC can now definitively be put with those groups thanks to successfully recruiting the Shockers. As for football, that's another matter I'll leave to the gridiron scribes. "

RE: CBS Sports AAC Offseason Power Rankings - M1T4 - 07-10-2017 03:20 PM

Lol what a tool bag

RE: CBS Sports AAC Offseason Power Rankings - FlyingTiger2016 - 07-10-2017 03:26 PM

(07-10-2017 03:20 PM)M1T4 Wrote:  Lol what a tool bag

I'm not stressing two of the four. I don't understand why we should stress losing a guy with a 11.1 AAC PER in KJ Lawson, and Nick Marshall who couldn't play(for personal reasons) at JUCO Motlow State. It doesn't look like Nick Marshall is heading back to school for 2017 either, probably again for personal reasons and at some point conditioning.

Jamal Johnson and Kyvon Davenport are both on the edge of being a four star. David Nickelberry was a top 100 guy for most of his recruitment.

But whatever.

RE: CBS Sports AAC Offseason Power Rankings - otown - 07-10-2017 03:29 PM

looks like he expects AAC to have 5 bids this year.

RE: CBS Sports AAC Offseason Power Rankings - M1T4 - 07-10-2017 03:31 PM

(07-10-2017 03:26 PM)FlyingTiger2016 Wrote:  
(07-10-2017 03:20 PM)M1T4 Wrote:  Lol what a tool bag

I'm not stressing two of the four. I don't understand why we should stress losing a guy with a 11.1 AAC PER in KJ Lawson, and Nick Marshall who couldn't play at JUCO Motlow State.

Jamal Johnson and Kyvon Davenport are both on the edge of being a four star. David Nickelberry was a top 100 guy for most of his recruitment.

But whatever.

The media is just noise right now. We fans don't know how this group plays and the media sure dont

RE: CBS Sports AAC Offseason Power Rankings - pesik - 07-10-2017 04:44 PM

(07-10-2017 02:28 PM)justinhub2003 Wrote:  http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/american-offseason-power-rankings-the-aacs-new-team-is-also-its-best-team/

I don't think Norlander gave Jacob Evans enough love. The leading scorer doesn't even get a mention

mr i don't expect houston anywhere near the top 5, here's a snap shot of the team

RE: CBS Sports AAC Offseason Power Rankings - M1T4 - 07-10-2017 05:16 PM

(07-10-2017 04:44 PM)pesik Wrote:  
(07-10-2017 02:28 PM)justinhub2003 Wrote:  http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/american-offseason-power-rankings-the-aacs-new-team-is-also-its-best-team/

mr i don't expect houston anywhere near the top 5, here's a snap shot of the team

Dude doesn't know what he is saying

RE: CBS Sports AAC Offseason Power Rankings - Stookey57 - 07-10-2017 05:54 PM

Houston has a Great coach

Sent from my SM-J700T using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: CBS Sports AAC Offseason Power Rankings - PonyExpressHoops - 07-10-2017 06:25 PM

Huh? Is a hype video supposed to show you are top 5 or are you just joking?

RE: CBS Sports AAC Offseason Power Rankings - pesik - 07-10-2017 06:44 PM

(07-10-2017 06:25 PM)PonyExpressHoops Wrote:  

we have had an 8 page debate about this already ...this vid was just adding to that, the video alone wasn't the debate

ill give you the breeze by:
his points:
-no one good on our team but gray
- lost too much
-dont have the talent of his perceived top 5

my points:
-we literally only lost 1 significant player
- on a team that finished 3rd last year
-and are way deeper than last years team and should be way better

the video was just to show him the players on our team ..rob isn't our only player

RE: CBS Sports AAC Offseason Power Rankings - PonyExpressHoops - 07-10-2017 06:50 PM

(07-10-2017 06:44 PM)pesik Wrote:  
(07-10-2017 06:25 PM)PonyExpressHoops Wrote:  

we have had an 8 page debate about this already ...this vid was just adding to that, the video alone wasn't the debate

ill gie you the breeze by:
his points:
-no one good on our team but gray
- lost too much
-dont have the talent of his perceived top 5

my points:
-we literally only lost 1 significant player
- on a team that finished 3rd last year
-and are way deeper than last years team and should be way better

the video was just to show him the players on our team ..rob isn't our only player

Gotcha. I read the debate. I sided with him. Just wasn't sure what the video was for.

Cool hype video though. Y'all should be deeper this year and much better on the glass. Going to be real interested to watch UH and Temple this year.

RE: CBS Sports AAC Offseason Power Rankings - Shockdaminkey - 07-10-2017 07:22 PM

Seriously, this guy must have had to meet deadline before he got around to "analyzing" Temple.
As for Memphis, he is way too hung up on rating stars. Tubby doesn't have to have high star guys like Calipari requires to be successful. Memphis could well be an addition by subtraction roster, though it is going to take a year or two to get better. But there are already some nice pieces, stars be damned.
Houston I simply still don't know enough about to make my own analysis.
I do agree with his indication that Tulsa could be the darkhorse this year.
WSU, Cincy, UCF, he made the easy calls. UConn should be pushing to the top again.
Since I have limited knowledge of USF, and Tulane this was at least somewhat helpful information. But I'm not sure there is any heat under Lebo's seat is there? Should be, of course, but from the musings I've read from ECU fans here doesn't seem like he has much to be concerned about from their current admn.

RE: CBS Sports AAC Offseason Power Rankings - WhyIsTheRumGone - 07-10-2017 08:38 PM

(07-10-2017 07:22 PM)Shockdaminkey Wrote:  Seriously, this guy must have had to meet deadline before he got around to "analyzing" Temple.
As for Memphis, he is way too hung up on rating stars. Tubby doesn't have to have high star guys like Calipari requires to be successful. Memphis could well be an addition by subtraction roster, though it is going to take a year or two to get better. But there are already some nice pieces, stars be damned.
WSU, Cincy, UCF, he made the easy calls. UConn should be pushing to the top again.
Since I have limited knowledge of USF, and Tulane this was at least somewhat helpful information. But I'm not sure there is any heat under Lebo's seat is there? Should be, of course, but from the musings I've read from ECU fans here doesn't seem like he has much to be concerned about from their current admn.

The deal with Lebo is this...

Lebo is terrible. Our AD is terrible. However, most believe that Lebo is gone after this season if he has another awful year. The reason he has been kept on so long was a boneheaded contract extension and the fact that we'd have owed Lebo $2M had we fired him before this season. He's eventually going to be gone... I am confident that this is the last season we have to suffer Jeff Lebo.

RE: CBS Sports AAC Offseason Power Rankings - Shockit - 07-10-2017 09:22 PM

Yes. I think Tubby can coach. He is getting older but he's won everywhere he's been.

RE: CBS Sports AAC Offseason Power Rankings - Tiger1983 - 07-10-2017 10:37 PM

(07-10-2017 09:22 PM)Shockit Wrote:  Yes. I think Tubby can coach. He is getting older but he's won everywhere he's been.

In the last ten years; Tubby has won one NCAA Tourney game, experienced two losing seasons, and won no more than 23 games in any one season. His past performance repeated at Memphis will not suffice. He will have to improve.

RE: CBS Sports AAC Offseason Power Rankings - BrooklynRocket - 07-11-2017 05:50 AM

(07-10-2017 07:22 PM)Shockdaminkey Wrote:  Seriously, this guy must have had to meet deadline before he got around to "analyzing" Temple.

While this article didn't allude to Memphis's potential in the future, because they are only returning two contributors from last year's squad and are not bringing in any "consensus Top 100" talent with this year's recruits, I think it's fair to be harsh about their chances this year.

Is there a team in the Top 8 you could realistically see them jumping in the standings this year?

RE: CBS Sports AAC Offseason Power Rankings - M1T4 - 07-11-2017 06:20 AM

(07-11-2017 05:50 AM)BrooklynRocket Wrote:  

While this article didn't allude to Memphis's potential in the future, because they are only returning two contributors from last year's squad and are not bringing in any "consensus Top 100" talent with this year's recruits, I think it's fair to be harsh about their chances this year.

Is there a team in the Top 8 you could realistically see them jumping in the standings this year?

I can definitely see them jumping teams 5-8. We will see how this group comes together though.

RE: CBS Sports AAC Offseason Power Rankings - Tiger1983 - 07-11-2017 07:18 AM

(07-11-2017 05:50 AM)BrooklynRocket Wrote:  

It is difficult for Tiger fans like me to stomach the ranking, but objectively it is a reasonable expectation.