CSNbbs
Oregon: The anti-2nd amendment state. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Oregon: The anti-2nd amendment state. (/thread-821601.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Oregon: The anti-2nd amendment state. - DaSaintFan - 07-10-2017 09:05 AM

Dunno if you guys heard about this one.. but apparently in Oregon it is now legal to confiscate your weapons if _any_ family member says you're simply a danger to yourself.. (and one of the flags.. well just read below)

Oregon Fire Arms site

Quote:Senate Bill 868 allows police or family members to request that a court force you to relinquish all firearms based on the accusers perception that you are dangerous to yourself or others. It does not require that you have committed a crime, it does not require that you have been convicted of a crime, and one of the indicators that you are “dangerous” is that you have purchased or attempted to purchase a firearm or ammunition in the last 180 days. Of course, this bill contains nothing that would allow for a person who really was a danger to himself to access any kind of help.”

Quote:This bill will require that local police come to your home and confiscate your firearms if a family member tells a judge that they think you are dangerous or suicidal. It also allows any police officer to make the same accusations about you to a judge. The police officer does not need to know you or even have ever met you.

Note: Some of the stuff in this crapola-piece of bill is bad, But the shennagins used to get this bill to the floor of the Oregon Legislature is just HORRENDOUS

RE: Oregon: The anti-2nd amendment state. - usmbacker - 07-10-2017 09:09 AM

But don't doubt their desire to murder all the babies they can in Oregon.....

Free Abortions For Everyone Including Illegal Aliens; Oregon’s Dem Governor About To Sign Bill Into Law

Free abortions for all! This is where liberal madness brings us…

Quote:Elections have consequences.

Achieving a long sought after goal of the left, a woman’s right to free and unfettered abortions, Oregon’s Democratic Gov. Kate Brown will sign legislation accomplishing just that.

The bill represents a sweeping, unprecedented change in state law that will require insurers to provide free abortions to all residents, to include illegal immigrants, The Washington Times reported. No Republicans voted for the bill.

“The ability to control our bodies and make informed decisions about health are critical to providing all Oregonians the opportunity to achieve our full potential and live productive, thriving lives,” Brown explained in an email, according to The Times.

“Attempts to deny access to contraceptives and family planning are an attack on all Oregonians, particularly women of color, low-income and young women,” she added.

But there’s little truth to the liberal gobbledygook Brown is spouting, considering Oregon has the least-restrictive abortion laws in the nation.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/07/08/free-abortions-everyone-including-illegals-oregons-dem-governor-sign-bill-law-511636

RE: Oregon: The anti-2nd amendment state. - cb4029 - 07-10-2017 09:11 AM

All the Republicans on this board are dangerous. 05-stirthepot

RE: Oregon: The anti-2nd amendment state. - fsquid - 07-10-2017 09:24 AM

Just curious, if you don't live in Oregon, why do you care? I live in Florida and really couldn't care less what Wisconsin does. Two totally difference demographics.

RE: Oregon: The anti-2nd amendment state. - oliveandblue - 07-10-2017 09:27 AM

Doesn't actually solve any problems, it just means that the guns are going to be bought on the black market and not regulated.

It's also unconstitutional but I don't think they give af about that.

RE: Oregon: The anti-2nd amendment state. - cb4029 - 07-10-2017 09:33 AM

Just left Portland. They prefer knives anyway. Better to attack you on the train with. 05-stirthepot

RE: Oregon: The anti-2nd amendment state. - usmbacker - 07-10-2017 09:36 AM

More on Oregon

Oregon Poised To Decriminalize Meth, Cocaine And Heroin

[Image: 1z3tbt4.jpg]

Quote:The Oregon legislature passed two bills Thursday decriminalizing small amounts of six hard drugs, including cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine and ecstasy.

The first of the two bills now headed to the governor’s desk, HB 2355, decriminalizes possession of the drugs so long as the offender has neither a felony nor more than two prior drug convictions on record, according to the Lund Report. The second, HB 3078, reduces drug-related property crimes from felonies to misdemeanors.

Republican State Sen. Jackie Winters claimed the war on drugs as it currently exists amounts to “institutional racism” due to how more frequently minorities are charged with drug crimes than whites.

“There is empirical evidence that there are certain things that follow race. We don’t like to look at the disparity in our prison system,” Winters said during a hearing. “It is institutional racism. We can pretend it doesn’t exist, but it does.”

The second bill reduces mandatory minimum sentences for many property crimes and also increases the number of previous convictions necessary for a felony charge. It provides $7 million in funding for diversion programs to help lower Oregon’s prison population.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/07/oregon-poised-to-decriminalize-meth-cocaine-and-heroin/

RE: Oregon: The anti-2nd amendment state. - South Carolina Duke - 07-10-2017 09:37 AM

Can't wait for the POTUS & Congress to attain 50 state reciprocity on Carrying Firearms! Buckle Up it's coming soon!

RE: Oregon: The anti-2nd amendment state. - DaSaintFan - 07-10-2017 09:41 AM

(07-10-2017 09:24 AM)fsquid Wrote:  Just curious, if you don't live in Oregon, why do you care? I live in Florida and really couldn't care less what Wisconsin does. Two totally difference demographics.

Because if it's allowed to stand in one state, fsquid... other states can then go in and say "it's legal there, so it's going to be approved here".

RE: Oregon: The anti-2nd amendment state. - South Carolina Duke - 07-10-2017 09:46 AM

Trump just reversed BHOs egregious attack on veterans and social security benefits & firearms.

#winning

RE: Oregon: The anti-2nd amendment state. - Bull_Is_Back - 07-10-2017 09:51 AM

(07-10-2017 09:24 AM)fsquid Wrote:  Just curious, if you don't live in Oregon, why do you care? I live in Florida and really couldn't care less what Wisconsin does. Two totally difference demographics.

When it comes to things that are not constitutionally enumerated rights then I don't tend to care what another state does.entitlements they choose to and fund them in the manner which they feel works best.

But when you start to go down the path of putting into law things that violate rights, then I tend to care a bit.

RE: Oregon: The anti-2nd amendment state. - Bull_Is_Back - 07-10-2017 09:53 AM

This is up to them but you have to be real careful with Heroin and Meth, severe debilitating addiction to that stuff can go from 0 to 60 in just a few uses.

I like the idea of keeping users out of the penal system but not of whole sale saying "it's cool"

(07-10-2017 09:36 AM)usmbacker Wrote:  More on Oregon

Oregon Poised To Decriminalize Meth, Cocaine And Heroin

[Image: 1z3tbt4.jpg]

Quote:The Oregon legislature passed two bills Thursday decriminalizing small amounts of six hard drugs, including cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine and ecstasy.

The first of the two bills now headed to the governor’s desk, HB 2355, decriminalizes possession of the drugs so long as the offender has neither a felony nor more than two prior drug convictions on record, according to the Lund Report. The second, HB 3078, reduces drug-related property crimes from felonies to misdemeanors.

Republican State Sen. Jackie Winters claimed the war on drugs as it currently exists amounts to “institutional racism” due to how more frequently minorities are charged with drug crimes than whites.

“There is empirical evidence that there are certain things that follow race. We don’t like to look at the disparity in our prison system,” Winters said during a hearing. “It is institutional racism. We can pretend it doesn’t exist, but it does.”

The second bill reduces mandatory minimum sentences for many property crimes and also increases the number of previous convictions necessary for a felony charge. It provides $7 million in funding for diversion programs to help lower Oregon’s prison population.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/07/oregon-poised-to-decriminalize-meth-cocaine-and-heroin/

RE: Oregon: The anti-2nd amendment state. - DefCONNOne - 07-10-2017 11:00 AM

So why let us know you don't care? I know, because you do care what happens outside of Florida.

RE: Oregon: The anti-2nd amendment state. - HeartOfDixie - 07-10-2017 11:02 AM

Meh, it sounds more like a bill written by idiots than anything overt.

RE: Oregon: The anti-2nd amendment state. - DefCONNOne - 07-10-2017 11:02 AM

(07-10-2017 09:51 AM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  

When it comes to things that are not constitutionally enumerated rights then I don't tend to care what another state does.entitlements they choose to and fund them in the manner which they feel works best.

But when you start to go down the path of putting into law things that violate rights, then I tend to care a bit.

Except you do. Otherwise why tell me, and others how little you care?

RE: Oregon: The anti-2nd amendment state. - john01992 - 07-10-2017 11:50 AM

(07-10-2017 09:41 AM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  

Because if it's allowed to stand in one state, fsquid... other states can then go in and say "it's legal there, so it's going to be approved here".

Spoken like a true "state's rights" conservative

RE: Oregon: The anti-2nd amendment state. - rath v2.0 - 07-10-2017 11:59 AM

I live in Ohio and have reciprocity in Florida as well as Wisconsin....so I tend to care about both.

RE: Oregon: The anti-2nd amendment state. - Bull_Is_Back - 07-10-2017 12:05 PM

(07-10-2017 11:02 AM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  

Someone asked a question, in bold above, I answered it (a part of that is in bold as well). Is that too hard for you to follow? Or was is the phrase "I don't tend to" that screwed you up?

I also don't care if it rains today, but if someone sayd "do you think it will rain today" I might look out the window and give my opinion.

RE: Oregon: The anti-2nd amendment state. - fsquid - 07-10-2017 12:51 PM

(07-10-2017 09:41 AM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  

It would still have to go through the various state legislatures, correct? Yes some guy from South Beach might have that idea but it would get shot down pretty quickly here, no pun intended.

RE: Oregon: The anti-2nd amendment state. - fsquid - 07-10-2017 12:53 PM

(07-10-2017 12:05 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  
(07-10-2017 11:02 AM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  

Someone asked a question, in bold above, I answered it (a part of that is in bold as well). Is that too hard for you to follow? Or was is the phrase "I don't tend to" that screwed you up?

I also don't care if it rains today, but if someone sayd "do you think it will rain today" I might look out the window and give my opinion.

It's ok, Defconn doesn't understand being intellectually curious.