CSNbbs
Former Georgia Southern OC's suing - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Former Georgia Southern OC's suing (/thread-821375.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Former Georgia Southern OC's suing - RamblinRedWolf - 07-05-2017 06:32 PM

https://twitter.com/danwolken/status/882738700815413248

Former Georgia Southern OC suing - WolfBird - 07-05-2017 06:34 PM

He probably believed them when they said it’s ok to run something other than a true option attack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Former Georgia Southern OC's suing - troutbummike - 07-05-2017 06:44 PM

Wow.

RE: Former Georgia Southern OC's suing - GaSoEagle - 07-05-2017 06:56 PM

On well just pay them for the months left and be done with it. They HAD to go

RE: Former Georgia Southern OC's suing - TrueBlueDrew - 07-05-2017 06:59 PM

As the Donald would say these haters and losers are wasting their time with this witch hunt when we should be focused on #GATA

RE: Former Georgia Southern OC's suing - T-Dog - 07-05-2017 07:40 PM

Quote:After being offered the job by Summers and receiving formal offer sheets, both David Dean and Rance Gillespie signed 18-month contracts on Jan. 27, 2016, that established June 30, 2017, as the end of their term.

Both coaches claim that more than nine months later, they learned the school’s Board of Regents and the Georgia Southern University Athletic Foundation never signed the contracts. According to the lawsuits, Summers notified the coaching staff on Nov. 3, 2016, that new contracts were being prepared.

The second contract, which was given to the coaches following the 10th game of the season on Nov. 16, had changed the end of the agreement to Feb. 28, 2017.

The lawsuit alleges that Summers, Kleinlein, senior associate athletics director for business operations Jeff Blythe and director of football operations Cymone George “conspired to change the terms of the January Contract and specifically the employment end date” in order to save money, knowing they would be making coaching changes on the offensive staff.

That's a whole lot of not good. That's conspiracy to defraud.

Former Georgia Southern OC's suing - WolfBird - 07-05-2017 07:45 PM

Wow. If true that’ll hurt chances of hiring anyone worth a flip down the road.

RE: Former Georgia Southern OC's suing - TrueBlueDrew - 07-05-2017 07:50 PM

(07-05-2017 07:45 PM)WolfBird Wrote:  Wow. If true that’ll hurt chances of hiring anyone worth a flip down the road.

This is just the latest scandal in a long line of red flags that should have sent our AD packing. Hopefully, our new president puts his foot down and sends corrupt Kleinline packing before he does permanent damage to GS's reputation.

RE: Former Georgia Southern OC's suing - glsjunior74 - 07-05-2017 07:59 PM

Hell anybody can fill that position. Pitch left, pitch right, Fullback dive, play action pass, QB keep. In no particular order.

RE: Former Georgia Southern OC's suing - EigenEagle - 07-05-2017 08:28 PM

Tom Kleinlein has been a good AD that has more than doubled the athletic budget, but man it seems like we have shenanigans going on constantly with football coaches.

There was apparently some really bad blood between TK and both Jeff Monken and Willie Fritz when they left for their current jobs. Fritz had a really strange clause in his contract where the terms changed if the president left which still has never been explained.

Now this.

(07-05-2017 07:59 PM)glsjunior74 Wrote:  Hell anybody can fill that position. Pitch left, pitch right, Fullback dive, play action pass, QB keep. In no particular order.

Last year is what you get when you have coaches who think there's nothing to the option but runnin' real fast to the perimeter and hoping you beat the defenders. Gillespie is a spread running coach and David Dean is an air raid coach. Neither clearly knew what the bleep they were doing on the offensive side of the ball.

RE: Former Georgia Southern OC's suing - SENOREIDA - 07-05-2017 10:16 PM

Fraud huh? Someone must of finally gotten wise that the sewage ditch isn't a "beautiful creek"

RE: Former Georgia Southern OC's suing - TrueBlueDrew - 07-05-2017 10:31 PM

(07-05-2017 10:16 PM)SENOREIDA Wrote:  Fraud huh? Someone must of finally gotten wise that the sewage ditch isn't a "beautiful creek"

I heard your cheerleaders were brought in to help "persuade" them to sign their new contracts

RE: Former Georgia Southern OC's suing - GaSoEagle - 07-05-2017 11:40 PM

Just when you thought the off-season was boring here in Statesboro

RE: Former Georgia Southern OC's suing - EagleNationRising - 07-06-2017 05:50 AM

(07-05-2017 10:31 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 10:16 PM)SENOREIDA Wrote:  Fraud huh? Someone must of finally gotten wise that the sewage ditch isn't a "beautiful creek"

I heard your cheerleaders were brought in to help "persuade" them to sign their new contracts

Haha someone give this man some rep points

RE: Former Georgia Southern OC's suing - Golota - 07-06-2017 07:00 AM

Is Ga Southern running tight on money? You'd think they would just pay to save themselves the embarrassment.

RE: Former Georgia Southern OC's suing - TrueBlueAlum - 07-06-2017 07:59 AM

(07-06-2017 07:00 AM)Golota Wrote:  Is Ga Southern running tight on money? You'd think they would just pay to save themselves the embarrassment.
I imagine this is likely to be settled outside of court, but that's not going to prevent the story from being posted.

RE: Former Georgia Southern OC's suing - arkstfan - 07-06-2017 08:36 AM

Everybody makes bad hires and ends up eating salary they don't want to pay. Must say that's a novel solution.

RE: Former Georgia Southern OC's suing - ericsaid - 07-06-2017 08:36 AM

Pretty sure that you always make sure the opposing party signs the contract. As far as I know, there no law to enforce in regards to both parties not actually signing a contract.

RE: Former Georgia Southern OC's suing - EigenEagle - 07-06-2017 09:03 AM

(07-06-2017 08:36 AM)ericsaid Wrote:  Pretty sure that you always make sure the opposing party signs the contract. As far as I know, there no law to enforce in regards to both parties not actually signing a contract.

How the heck were these guys receiving a paycheck if the contract wasn't in effect? Especially considering this is a state employee and the GA BoR has to sign off on it.

Unless there are some pertinent facts that are being left out of the lawsuit document, GS is at least morally in the wrong here, if not legally in the wrong.

And like I said, what makes this seem more credible is that Jeff Monken and Willie Fritz both apparently left GS with a figurative middle finger to the AD's office.

RE: Former Georgia Southern OC's suing - SuperEagle - 07-06-2017 09:19 AM

(07-05-2017 10:31 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  

---
One of the best responses ever. 04-cheers