CSNbbs
Atlanta pop festival 1969 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+---- Thread: Atlanta pop festival 1969 (/thread-821310.html)

Atlanta pop festival 1969 - CardFan1 - 07-04-2017 02:09 PM

Wow 48 years ago this 4th of July weekend I was 1 of around 100K young folks gathered for the 1st Atlanta pop Festival. It was extremely hot that weekend but incredible performances by bands that some were new and some known in certain music circles but most went on to become house hold names after Woodstock.
Opening the Festival was an unknown band from Michigan, Grand Funk Railroad , Ten Wheel Drive, Delaney and Bonnie, Sweetwater, Pacific Gas & Electric, Chicago, Spirit, Tommy james and the Shondells,Led Zeppelin, Blood Sweat & tears, Al Kooper, Janis Joplin, Creedence Clearwater Revivial, Canned Heat, Johnny Rivers, Staple Singers, Ian & Sylvia , Johnny Winter, Gerry Mullegan band, Paul Butterfield blues band, Joe Cocker. There are a few sites on Face book dedicated to this including "I was at Atlanta Pop Festival, or was I". I dont have a link on My cellphone but fb search should find it. Also the 2nd Atlanta pop happened this week end with 200 k attending 47 years ago. I also attended both Miami pop .theres 2 FB pages for those festivals. Have a great 4th.