CSNbbs
The most challenging job in Arkansas - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: OVCbbs (/forum-17.html)
+---- Forum: Ohio Valley Team Talk (/forum-784.html)
+----- Forum: Little Rock (/forum-291.html)
+----- Thread: The most challenging job in Arkansas (/thread-820888.html)

The most challenging job in Arkansas - MICHAELSPAPPY - 06-27-2017 02:55 PM

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19741386/the-most-challenging-college-basketball-job-every-state

RE: The most challenging job in Arkansas - mjs - 06-28-2017 08:50 AM

It has always been a very challenging coaching job. But, I've always believed the AD had the hardest job here, although Chasse has brought a new level of energy and enthusiasm to our program. I think that makes the job of the coach a little bit easier. If potential recruits see decent attendance and a supportive community it can only help.

RE: The most challenging job in Arkansas - MICHAELSPAPPY - 06-28-2017 09:10 AM

Their comments seemed to lump all the other non-oinking D1 programs in with us to a certain extent. My guess is that they picked us because of the subsidiary relationship. (You note that they did not use the "Little Rock" designation, perhaps on purpose just to make their point.)

RE: The most challenging job in Arkansas - LRTrojan - 06-29-2017 11:54 AM

(06-28-2017 08:50 AM)mjs Wrote:  It has always been a very challenging coaching job. But, I've always believed the AD had the hardest job here, although Chasse has brought a new level of energy and enthusiasm to our program. I think that makes the job of the coach a little bit easier. If potential recruits see decent attendance and a supportive community it can only help.

Didn't hurt that he hired a coach that went 30-5 either. Then turned around and hired a local boy who should have won at least 20(that's the number all you Flannigan fans were throwing around. They said we wouldn't win 30, but were questioning how many over 20 we'd win). I'm anxious how much of that new level of enthusiasm remains after last season.