CSNbbs
2017 FB schedule - CUSA/SBC - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: 2017 FB schedule - CUSA/SBC (/thread-820667.html)

Pages: 1 2

2017 FB schedule - CUSA/SBC - va-eagle - 06-23-2017 11:55 AM

Just going through CUSA's schedule and see we play a good number of you guys this season. Last year only played ya'll 3 regular season games, plus the 1 bowl. The LaTech / USA game should be a good one. I'll be a homer and pick USM over ULM, since we should have our QB situation figured out by this game and I'm sure FSU will have tuned ULM up pretty good the weekend before.

UNCC vs Georgia St
LaTech vs South Alabama
USM vs ULM
UAB vs Coastal Carolina
UTEP vs NMSU
UTSA vs TX St

The link below has some good stats between the two conferences:
http://mcubed.net/ncaaf/tvc/conferenceusa/sunbelt.shtml

Troy - Last year still stings. Can't wait till 2019.
App St - I live in Roanoke, VA. I've heard a lot of great comments about Boone, but never visited. Looking forward to visiting in 2018 when my eagles come calling.

RE: 2017 FB schedule - CUSA/SBC - RamblinRedWolf - 06-23-2017 12:49 PM

I still would like to see a SBC/CUSA Showdown challenge much like what they for college basketball in the future; there's a lot of fun matchups to be had and could be home draws for programs of both conferences

RE: 2017 FB schedule - CUSA/SBC - CardinalBlackTrojan - 06-23-2017 01:50 PM

(06-23-2017 11:55 AM)va-eagle Wrote:  Just going through CUSA's schedule and see we play a good number of you guys this season. Last year only played ya'll 3 regular season games, plus the 1 bowl. The LaTech / USA game should be a good one. I'll be a homer and pick USM over ULM, since we should have our QB situation figured out by this game and I'm sure FSU will have tuned ULM up pretty good the weekend before.

UNCC vs Georgia St
LaTech vs South Alabama
USM vs ULM
UAB vs Coastal Carolina
UTEP vs NMSU
UTSA vs TX St

App St - I live in Roanoke, VA. I've heard a lot of great comments about Boone, but never visited. Looking forward to visiting in 2018 when my eagles come calling.

I'm calling it now... ULM will be the darkhorse team in 2017.

USM better watch out for ULM. This is a team that was just 7 points away from going to a bowl game last year. They get a veteran QB back, their best WR's are back, they added a RB transfer from Alabama, plus a pretty good O-Line that's bolstered by a Texas Tech transfer.

Nine starters return on ULM's defense too.

ULM won't be a cake-walk team this year. Matt Viator is turning them around.

RE: 2017 FB schedule - CUSA/SBC - chiefsfan - 06-23-2017 02:18 PM

(06-23-2017 11:55 AM)va-eagle Wrote:  Just going through CUSA's schedule and see we play a good number of you guys this season. Last year only played ya'll 3 regular season games, plus the 1 bowl. The LaTech / USA game should be a good one. I'll be a homer and pick USM over ULM, since we should have our QB situation figured out by this game and I'm sure FSU will have tuned ULM up pretty good the weekend before.

UNCC vs Georgia St
LaTech vs South Alabama
USM vs ULM
UAB vs Coastal Carolina
UTEP vs NMSU
UTSA vs TX St

Come now...we all know the games to watch will be UAB/Coastal and UTSA/TXST

A UAB team playing its first football season in 3 years against a Coastal Team still trying to adjust to FBS, and then you have a burgeoning rivalry between UTSA and Texas State

The only thing interesting about Tech/USA is whether or not USA continues its grand tradition of destroying non conference opponents before figuring out how to go 2-6 in Sun Belt play.

RE: 2017 FB schedule - CUSA/SBC - chiefsfan - 06-23-2017 02:21 PM

(06-23-2017 12:49 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  I still would like to see a SBC/CUSA Showdown challenge much like what they for college basketball in the future; there's a lot of fun matchups to be had and could be home draws for programs of both conferences

I don't like the idea of challenges because it forces teams to schedule teams they may otherwise not want to play.

For instance, what incentive do we have to play a CUSA team anytime in the near future when we've been able to schedule regional AAC for the next 8 seasons?

RE: 2017 FB schedule - CUSA/SBC - arkstfan - 06-23-2017 03:08 PM

(06-23-2017 02:21 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(06-23-2017 12:49 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  I still would like to see a SBC/CUSA Showdown challenge much like what they for college basketball in the future; there's a lot of fun matchups to be had and could be home draws for programs of both conferences

I don't like the idea of challenges because it forces teams to schedule teams they may otherwise not want to play.

For instance, what incentive do we have to play a CUSA team anytime in the near future when we've been able to schedule regional AAC for the next 8 seasons?

I'm 100% in favor of a Sun Belt - CUSA challenge in football as long as AState is guaranteed to play home and home against the other FBS school located on US49 for the life of the deal

RE: 2017 FB schedule - CUSA/SBC - Golota - 06-23-2017 03:38 PM

(06-23-2017 01:50 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  

UNCC vs Georgia St
LaTech vs South Alabama
USM vs ULM
UAB vs Coastal Carolina
UTEP vs NMSU
UTSA vs TX St

USM better watch out for ULM. This is a team that was just 7 points away from going to a bowl game last year. They get a veteran QB back, their best WR's are back, they added a RB transfer from Alabama, plus a pretty good O-Line that's bolstered by a Texas Tech transfer.

We have some growing pains possibly but if the transfers work out we could
Do Ok. 2018 should be the good year for us. We only lose 3 maybe 4 starters from 3017 team and our young guys will be coming up.

RE: 2017 FB schedule - CUSA/SBC - va-eagle - 06-23-2017 03:43 PM

UNCC vs Georgia St
LaTech vs South Alabama
USM vs ULM
UAB vs Coastal Carolina
UTEP vs NMSU
UTSA vs TX St

I've learned to not overlook anyone. ULM does have FSU the Sat before, so they might be banged up pretty good when they play USM. But game is in Monroe.

RE: 2017 FB schedule - CUSA/SBC - va-eagle - 06-23-2017 03:48 PM

(06-23-2017 03:08 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  

I'm 100% in favor of a Sun Belt - CUSA challenge in football as long as AState is guaranteed to play home and home against the other FBS school located on US49 for the life of the deal

I'm sure coach Anderson would like that deal as well.

RE: 2017 FB schedule - CUSA/SBC - RamblinRedWolf - 06-23-2017 03:54 PM

We can't be hesitant to schedule just because we're hoping the smug AAC might throw us a bone. Plenty of quality teams I'd love to see Astate have home and homes with in the CUSA as much as AAC Teams

RE: 2017 FB schedule - CUSA/SBC - Golota - 06-23-2017 04:17 PM

(06-23-2017 03:43 PM)va-eagle Wrote:  

UNCC vs Georgia St
LaTech vs South Alabama
USM vs ULM
UAB vs Coastal Carolina
UTEP vs NMSU
UTSA vs TX St

I've learned to not overlook anyone. ULM does have FSU the Sat before, so they might be banged up pretty good when they play USM. But game is in Monroe.

I don't really see that as an issue being banged up. I think it's overrated. I never felt any different after playing a money game personally. My pride was a little hurt after a Jevon Kearse whipped me. If anything it helps you're playing a smaller, slower team etc.. compared to FSU.

RE: 2017 FB schedule - CUSA/SBC - airtroop - 06-24-2017 05:30 PM

(06-23-2017 03:38 PM)Golota Wrote:  

UNCC vs Georgia St
LaTech vs South Alabama
USM vs ULM
UAB vs Coastal Carolina
UTEP vs NMSU
UTSA vs TX St

Do Ok. 2018 should be the good year for us. We only lose 3 maybe 4 starters from 3017 team and our young guys will be coming up.

Sounds like you'll be having a pretty good team in 3018 as well.

RE: 2017 FB schedule - CUSA/SBC - Saint3333 - 06-24-2017 08:04 PM

Unfortunately the SBC probably goes 2-4, just poor matchups.

RE: 2017 FB schedule - CUSA/SBC - Arrowhead - 06-24-2017 08:18 PM

(06-24-2017 08:04 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Unfortunately the SBC probably goes 2-4, just poor matchups.

I'm a little concerned that ULM doesn't have any games schedule yet for 3018. That must mean we are dropping to FCS. FML!

RE: 2017 FB schedule - CUSA/SBC - ChiefAgentQ - 06-24-2017 09:57 PM

Quote:I'm a little concerned that ULM doesn't have any games schedule yet for 3018. That must mean we are dropping to FCS. FML!

There went my drink.

RE: 2017 FB schedule - CUSA/SBC - Golota - 06-25-2017 12:14 AM

(06-24-2017 08:18 PM)Arrowhead Wrote:  
(06-24-2017 08:04 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Unfortunately the SBC probably goes 2-4, just poor matchups.

I'm a little concerned that ULM doesn't have any games schedule yet for 3018. That must mean we are dropping to FCS. FML!

Do you think ULM is better in the SWAC or SLC? Let's wait and let a Fan from an other school tell us. Better yet I heard of a mythical 2 year contract we have with SBC. It's never been brought up or seen but someone in CUSA board said that so it must be true.

RE: 2017 FB schedule - CUSA/SBC - Golota - 06-25-2017 12:17 AM

(06-24-2017 05:30 PM)airtroop Wrote:  

UNCC vs Georgia St
LaTech vs South Alabama
USM vs ULM
UAB vs Coastal Carolina
UTEP vs NMSU
UTSA vs TX St

Yeah my bad on the typo. Probably a good enough team to beat USA again. Hopefully y'all will have a on campus stadium by 3018.

RE: 2017 FB schedule - CUSA/SBC - airtroop - 06-25-2017 12:58 PM

(06-25-2017 12:17 AM)Golota Wrote:  
(06-24-2017 05:30 PM)airtroop Wrote:  

UNCC vs Georgia St
LaTech vs South Alabama
USM vs ULM
UAB vs Coastal Carolina
UTEP vs NMSU
UTSA vs TX St

Yeah my bad on the typo. Probably a good enough team to beat USA again. Hopefully y'all will have a on campus stadium by 3018.

04-cheers

RE: 2017 FB schedule - CUSA/SBC - JCGSU - 06-26-2017 11:57 AM

UNCC vs Georgia St
LaTech vs South Alabama
USM vs ULM
UAB vs Coastal Carolina
UTEP vs NMSU
UTSA vs TX St

Does not look good on paper....horrible match ups...now we will have to hear it from that La Tech d bag all year, while he conveniently ignores what teams actually played in the games and where they finished in the respective conferences.

2017 FB schedule - CUSA/SBC - chiefsfan - 06-26-2017 12:21 PM

(06-26-2017 11:57 AM)JCGSU Wrote:  

UNCC vs Georgia St
LaTech vs South Alabama
USM vs ULM
UAB vs Coastal Carolina
UTEP vs NMSU
UTSA vs TX St

Does not look good on paper....horrible match ups...now we will have to hear it from that La Tech d bag all year, while he conveniently ignores what teams actually played in the games and where they finished in the respective conferences.

Strange enough. USA over La Tech is probably our best chance at a win. Jags are far better out of conference than in