CSNbbs
New Adidas jerseys for the NHL get shown tomorrow 6/20 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+----- Forum: Pro Sports (/forum-516.html)
+----- Thread: New Adidas jerseys for the NHL get shown tomorrow 6/20 (/thread-820424.html)

New Adidas jerseys for the NHL get shown tomorrow 6/20 - PirateTreasureNC - 06-19-2017 09:11 PM

http://news.sportslogos.net/2017/05/25/over-a-dozen-nhl-teams-getting-new-uniforms-in-2017-18/

http://www.icethetics.co/jerseywatch/

Kind of ticked the 3rd/Alt jerseys get dropped but the article read like teams might make 3rd/alt permanent and drop of the home/aways to make room for it.

RE: New Adidas jerseys for the NHL get shown tomorrow 6/20 - PirateTreasureNC - 06-20-2017 10:54 PM

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-jerseys-by-adidas-unveiled-for-2017-18-season/c-290020400

RE: New Adidas jerseys for the NHL get shown tomorrow 6/20 - PirateTreasureNC - 06-21-2017 12:36 AM

[Image: DCz6T93VYAA9HjG.jpg]

My team first:

Like the black accents.
Like the return of the hurricane warning flags at the bottom.

I like it marginally better than the old red.

I bet this means our black jersey is over with, wich is a shame, as that is my favorite one.

others:

LIKE:
Wild
Flames
Jets and Isles sans chest logos.
Sharks
Knights
*I like the colors... that dark grey looking like chain mail that knights wear is a good idea-- I think the arm striping could have been done differently to make it even better.... thin down that top black stripe and I think they are money.

Hate:
Blues... don't get the striping
Cannucks... chest logo just doesn't seem to work with design
Coyotes.... if they take off the dark top portion of the sleeves I would love it

Honestly, the orange Oilers jersey doesn't look bad.... its just hard for me to see them without a blue one.

Panthers need to change their logo, but the jersey isn't too bad.

The other's don't really illicit a strong opinion from me.

RE: New Adidas jerseys for the NHL get shown tomorrow 6/20 - PirateTreasureNC - 06-21-2017 12:45 AM

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/19693276/nhl-unveils-new-uniforms-including-vegas-golden-knights

IN the article the Stars show their white jersey... I kind of like it.

RE: New Adidas jerseys for the NHL get shown tomorrow 6/20 - Chappy - 06-21-2017 06:30 AM

(06-21-2017 12:36 AM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  I bet this means our black jersey is over with, wich is a shame, as that is my favorite one.

No teams are allowed to have 3rd jerseys this year for some reason...

RE: New Adidas jerseys for the NHL get shown tomorrow 6/20 - Love and Honor - 06-21-2017 07:08 AM

The Blues just switched jerseys a season or two ago so it's not much of a surprise that there hasn't been any changes. I wish we'd use more traditional striping, but I like our ones now a lot more than the weird Reebok edge stripes we got a decade ago. The upside to the change is that while we won't be able to wear our awesome Winter Classic sweaters as our alternates (at least for this season), maybe those jerseys will now go on clearance so I can get one for cheap.

RE: New Adidas jerseys for the NHL get shown tomorrow 6/20 - PirateTreasureNC - 06-21-2017 08:18 AM

(06-21-2017 06:30 AM)Chappy Wrote:  
(06-21-2017 12:36 AM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  I bet this means our black jersey is over with, wich is a shame, as that is my favorite one.

Yeah, I know. Some articles were stating that the 3rd/Alt would get moved up to regular rotation. The thing that sucks is I just made some purchases and getting a black jersey, unless SUPER EPIC cheap, might not be in the cards right now. I kind of wanted to do it with a #5 and _____ for the strongest rated hurricane.... but couldn't figure out a name that worked and sounded right. Who knows, if they drop down cheap enough maybe I'll just do my birth year and last name like i did on a white one I ordered several years ago when they were clearancing out the old red and old white for what we had currently.

(06-21-2017 07:08 AM)Love and Honor Wrote:  The Blues just switched jerseys a season or two ago so it's not much of a surprise that there hasn't been any changes. I wish we'd use more traditional striping, but I like our ones now a lot more than the weird Reebok edge stripes we got a decade ago. The upside to the change is that while we won't be able to wear our awesome Winter Classic sweaters as our alternates (at least for this season), maybe those jerseys will now go on clearance so I can get one for cheap.

Is it black or navy as that dark color? IDK... there is something about it I don't like and can't put my finger on it..... its not the colors or the logo in simplest terms... its the overall design/layout choices.

RE: New Adidas jerseys for the NHL get shown tomorrow 6/20 - Chappy - 06-21-2017 01:30 PM

(06-21-2017 08:18 AM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(06-21-2017 06:30 AM)Chappy Wrote:  

Yeah, I know. Some articles were stating that the 3rd/Alt would get moved up to regular rotation.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, that would have been cool if our primary were black.

RE: New Adidas jerseys for the NHL get shown tomorrow 6/20 - Lush - 06-24-2017 08:40 AM

i like those islanders jerseys

RE: New Adidas jerseys for the NHL get shown tomorrow 6/20 - BlazerJoe - 06-24-2017 01:33 PM

The Vegas jerseys look pretty cool. I'm ambivalent about everyone else.

RE: New Adidas jerseys for the NHL get shown tomorrow 6/20 - Chappy - 06-24-2017 10:40 PM

I saw the new hurricanes road sweater last night. Same as last year except around the collar where the NHL logo is.

RE: New Adidas jerseys for the NHL get shown tomorrow 6/20 - PirateTreasureNC - 06-25-2017 12:43 AM

(06-24-2017 10:40 PM)Chappy Wrote:  I saw the new hurricanes road sweater last night. Same as last year except around the collar where the NHL logo is.

So they are keeping the same trim lines as last season's white?

Damn...figured they would have adopted the new trim pattern to the white.

I'm still pissed that the black drops off for next season....

RE: New Adidas jerseys for the NHL get shown tomorrow 6/20 - Chappy - 06-25-2017 08:02 PM

Yeah, not only do they look cool, but the team was 65-37-10 in them during some lean years.

RE: New Adidas jerseys for the NHL get shown tomorrow 6/20 - PirateTreasureNC - 06-25-2017 11:16 PM

(06-25-2017 08:02 PM)Chappy Wrote:  Yeah, not only do they look cool, but the team was 65-37-10 in them during some lean years.

Well, if you want one.... time to get going.... I gotta think about things for a little bit myself.... spent A LOT of money in June.... not sure if I want to get a custom named one for myself or not....

I already own

Original White: Stanley Cup / 06
Original White: last name / birth year
Original Red: Hurricanes / 97
Original Red: Skinner
Black: Jordan Staal
Black: plain (my first one I bought)
Redesign Red: Eric Staal ( got it last summer when it went clearance on Fanatics LOL.... $60 some odd dollars... good excuse to get that design to have one that was current )

I'm not overly incentivised to get the new red....I got other stuff to worry about.... and it will be around for a while so....

RE: New Adidas jerseys for the NHL get shown tomorrow 6/20 - HoustonCougarNation - 06-28-2017 08:03 AM

Not a big fan of the new Adidas jersey's but they will have to do! I like how some of the teams stayed traditional while others took a turn for the worse!!!