CSNbbs
RVA Crabfest - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: RVA Crabfest (/thread-819941.html)

RVA Crabfest - bobbyjmu - 06-12-2017 02:49 PM

Nice turnout @ the RVA crab fest, new Duke club staffers Scooter & Brad attended & had a tent there. Also in attendance was Earl Watford, an easily approachable and engaging young man who is looking forward to training camp @ Jacksonville next month.
Griff Yancey was there in uniform as security w/ Hanover Co. Sheriff's office. Wouldn't mess w/ him, looks like he still hit the gridiron.

Always a fun event, c/o man @ the hot dog grill! Thank you Jones'

RE: RVA Crabfest - RVAdukes - 06-12-2017 10:37 PM

Agreed it was a fun event as usual. Great food, local beer and sunshine was shared by hundreds of fellow Dukes. We are lucky to have great sponsor support and help from the Jones family and many other regular contributors. Heard metroDukes are in the process of organizing a similar event this fall so hopefully that's well attended also. As always, Go Dukes!

RE: RVA Crabfest - DirtyDukes - 06-13-2017 08:51 AM

(06-12-2017 02:49 PM)bobbyjmu Wrote:  Also in attendance was Earl Watford, an easily approachable and engaging young man who is looking forward to training camp @ Jacksonville next month.

How's his cornhole game though?

RE: RVA Crabfest - JMUTrippster - 06-13-2017 09:19 AM

(06-12-2017 10:37 PM)RVAdukes Wrote:  Agreed it was a fun event as usual. Great food, local beer and sunshine was shared by hundreds of fellow Dukes. We are lucky to have great sponsor support and help from the Jones family and many other regular contributors. Heard metroDukes are in the process of organizing a similar event this fall so hopefully that's well attended also. As always, Go Dukes!

Always a great event but I was disappointed to miss out on it, especially after leading it the last three years but groomsman duties called! We have some great sponsors including bobbyjmu himself, but the thing wouldn't happen without the Jones' they are awesome!

MetroDukes actually were the first chapter to do it (Sam Jones' brother started it I believe and the RVA Dukes adopted it) but have had troubles finding venues, so anyone on here that can help with that I am sure they would appreciate the support!

RE: RVA Crabfest - JMUNation - 06-15-2017 02:28 AM

Actually, Sam, his brother and Mary started it in Nova when all three lived there. Sam and Mary started the Richmond Crabfest when they moved here and continued to help Mike with the Nova one. Mike also comes here too.

RE: RVA Crabfest - jmuroadwarrior - 06-15-2017 07:08 AM

(06-15-2017 02:28 AM)JMUNation Wrote:  Actually, Sam, his brother and Mary started it in Nova when all three lived there. Sam and Mary started the Richmond Crabfest when they moved here and continued to help Mike with the Nova one. Mike also comes here too.

Hopefully they do not use the "Bridgeforth Stomp" to de-shell those crabs.

RE: RVA Crabfest - bobbyjmu - 06-15-2017 07:26 AM

Ha Ha- No, but we did discuss that (& practiced on the crabs a little too) while in the cooking area. Being in close proximity to the beer truck provided a little inspiration for that too.

RE: RVA Crabfest - bobbyjmu - 06-15-2017 07:30 AM

... forget to mention, JMU night @ the Diamond tonight for the Flying Squirrels. Coach Houston to be in attendance & throw out the 1st pitch. Also after the game is the Human Cannonball (awesome) & fireworks too. Hopefully no rain, & plenty of Dukes/future Dukes in attendance.

RE: RVA Crabfest - RVAdukes - 06-15-2017 07:32 AM

Sounds great. See ya there Bobby

RE: RVA Crabfest - Potomac - 06-15-2017 08:18 AM

So I see yesterday's squirrels game was postponed due to rain and today is a doubleheader starting at 4:30pm. Has there been any adjustment to today's schedule with Houston? I'm guessing the second game will be the "JMU game" and either be at 7pm or 30 minutes following.

RE: RVA Crabfest - JMUTrippster - 06-15-2017 08:44 AM

That is what I am hearing as well and per their website the JMU game is the second game. Hopefully the game starts around 7 and there's no more rain!

RE: RVA Crabfest - Potomac - 06-15-2017 08:49 AM

Whoops I think "today's game" was originally a 6:30 first pitch, so I doubt the 2nd game will start by then.

RE: RVA Crabfest - JMUTrippster - 06-15-2017 09:47 AM

Both games will be 7 innings, so with the first starting at 4:30 and lasting about 2 hours, 7PM or so for the 2nd game to start is a reasonable guess unless things get out of hand!

RE: RVA Crabfest - #YEEHAWDUKES - 06-15-2017 09:59 AM

Confirmed that Coach Houston will throw out the first pitch in between games 1 and 2

RE: RVA Crabfest - JMUTrippster - 06-16-2017 08:41 AM

Lots of purple in the stands last night and great to see a few of you as well! Too bad the Squirrels BLEW IT!

RE: RVA Crabfest - Potomac - 06-16-2017 09:22 AM

(06-16-2017 08:41 AM)JMUTrippster Wrote:  Lots of purple in the stands last night and great to see a few of you as well! Too bad the Squirrels BLEW IT!

The outcome of both games really felt like I was watching the Nats bullpen there yesterday. 03-puke

RE: RVA Crabfest - JMUTrippster - 06-16-2017 12:51 PM

(06-16-2017 09:22 AM)Potomac Wrote:  
(06-16-2017 08:41 AM)JMUTrippster Wrote:  Lots of purple in the stands last night and great to see a few of you as well! Too bad the Squirrels BLEW IT!

The outcome of both games really felt like I was watching the Nats bullpen there yesterday. 03-puke

I heard the end of the first game as I was heading there, but that seems like a fair assessment. Excellent starts by both starters and two relievers couldn't keep the door shut...the 2nd game was worse since they actually had a good lead!!

RE: RVA Crabfest - jmutoml757 - 06-16-2017 05:39 PM

One thing we know for sure, Alger didn't teach Houston how to throw.