CSNbbs
Adam West has Left the Batcave for the Final Time - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+------ Forum: Chris Tipton Off Topic Forum (/forum-638.html)
+------ Thread: Adam West has Left the Batcave for the Final Time (/thread-819835.html)

Adam West has Left the Batcave for the Final Time - cincybb51 - 06-10-2017 11:24 AM

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/adam-west-tv-batman-dies-88-151922879.html

RE: Adam West has Left the Batcave for the Final Time - glacier_dropsy - 06-10-2017 12:35 PM

I remember sitting in the big chair in my first house after half day kindergarten, watching all the THWAPs and POWs, and being unaware of any innuendo. He will be missed. Much like Alec Baldwin, a great voice talent that had a gift for making a parody of the alpha male, often while playing it straight.

RE: Adam West has Left the Batcave for the Final Time - JackieTreehorn - 06-10-2017 03:01 PM

Man, I remember watching that show when I was 6 years old and absolutely loving it. My mom also took me to see the Batman movie in 1966 in a big old ornate movie house in downtown Dayton. I had a 45 record of the theme song that I beat to death and it drove my family crazy.

RE: Adam West has Left the Batcave for the Final Time - Major ----de Coverley - 06-10-2017 03:19 PM

I was around 8 years old and my younger brother 6. We would "re-create" the fight scenes during the commercial breaks with me as batman. Usually ended with my brother crying and me getting yelled at.

RE: Adam West has Left the Batcave for the Final Time - gerhard911 - 06-10-2017 04:44 PM

My Dad brought me and my best friend down to the Gardens for Cavalcade of Customs in '66 or '67 to see the Batmobile. We were budding gearheads and serious Batman fans.

RE: Adam West has Left the Batcave for the Final Time - Ring of Black - 06-10-2017 05:06 PM

RIP Adam 03-weeping

...MEANWHILE... Back in Quohog, RI...

The town is in a panic, wondering who will now serve as mayor...

RE: Adam West has Left the Batcave for the Final Time - UCGrad1992 - 06-10-2017 05:53 PM

Great memories watching the show as a kid. RIP Adam West.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-buzz-1048-1367426837-23.gif]

[Image: 10520614.gif]

[Image: tumblr_lmcezng1vs1qd9quco1_500.gif?w=650]

RE: Adam West has Left the Batcave for the Final Time - Nobones - 06-10-2017 08:41 PM

My brother was the one to sit in front of the TV with his cape on and just sing NA, NA, NA Batman all show long. Good memories watching that show growing up. RIP Adam West. We also did the fight scenes when we were kids.

RE: Adam West has Left the Batcave for the Final Time - glacier_dropsy - 06-10-2017 09:36 PM

The posts about the theme song jogged an old memory. My parents could not remember what my first word was, but they both had clear memories of me trying to sing the Batman TV theme well before I could talk. Na na na na na na na na Na na na na na na na na...

RE: Adam West has Left the Batcave for the Final Time - ctipton - 06-10-2017 10:13 PM

In 1965, about the time the Batman came out, I was in the Army at the language school in Monterrey, CA. It was a very intense course with an amazing amount of homework and rote memorization required. Most nights everyone was in their rooms studying but when Batman came on the entire dayroom was filled with a bunch of Batmaniacs making all the sounds and laughing together ar the comic farce on TV. Wonderful times.

RE: Adam West has Left the Batcave for the Final Time - bearcatmark - 06-12-2017 08:00 AM

(06-10-2017 10:13 PM)ctipton Wrote:  In 1965, about the time the Batman came out, I was in the Army at the language school in Monterrey, CA. It was a very intense course with an amazing amount of homework and rote memorization required. Most nights everyone was in their rooms studying but when Batman came on the entire dayroom was filled with a bunch of Batmaniacs making all the sounds and laughing together ar the comic farce on TV. Wonderful times.

The show aired reruns when I was a kid. I loved it, not even getting how ridiculous it was. As I got older and would rewatch some upsides I got a new appreciation for the show. The movie is pretty tremendous as well. The shark repellent bat spray came in handy.

RE: Adam West has Left the Batcave for the Final Time - Eastside_J - 06-12-2017 08:51 AM

Man I loved that show as a kid. And yeah also had a completely different appreciation for it later.

Adam West is still who I think of when I picture Batman.

RIP Batman