CSNbbs
OT: Paterno...the movie - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: OT: Paterno...the movie (/thread-819505.html)

OT: Paterno...the movie - MUther - 06-06-2017 10:14 AM

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19552019/al-pacino-set-star-former-penn-state-nittany-lions-coach-joe-paterno-hbo-movie

RE: Paterno...the movie - wh49er - 06-06-2017 03:51 PM

How anyone can be a Penn State football supporter at this point is beyond me.

RE: Paterno...the movie - MUther - 06-07-2017 10:20 AM

(06-06-2017 03:51 PM)wh49er Wrote:  How anyone can be a Penn State football supporter at this point is beyond me.

I think, as they said in the video, it will be a pretty pointed documentary that will focus not only on the good, but the disastrous ending to his career. I don't think many are left that had anything to do with that scandal, and while I'm not a fan, it's unfair to punish the student-athletes that are there for stuff that happened while they were young kids.

It does kind of concern me that they could give a team the death penalty for breaking NCAA regulations but not for an out of control program obstructing justice at best and being morally void. Seems if they're willing to circumvent the actual law in such a way, they don't give a **** about bylaws from an organization.

RE: Paterno...the movie - MonGNARch - 06-07-2017 02:49 PM

(06-07-2017 10:20 AM)MUther Wrote:  
(06-06-2017 03:51 PM)wh49er Wrote:  How anyone can be a Penn State football supporter at this point is beyond me.

I think, as they said in the video, it will be a pretty pointed documentary that will focus not only on the good, but the disastrous ending to his career. I don't think many are left that had anything to do with that scandal, and while I'm not a fan, it's unfair to punish the student-athletes that are there for stuff that happened while they were young kids.

It does kind of concern me that they could give a team the death penalty for breaking NCAA regulations but not for an out of control program obstructing justice at best and being morally void. Seems if they're willing to circumvent the actual law in such a way, they don't give a **** about bylaws from an organization.

Penn State is a historic program. So of course it got a slap on the wrist. I almost went to Penn State and still sometimes wish I had the money to have gone there (I would have been a student when this all went down), but I still think what happened there and the subsequent "punishments" to the program were absolutely disgusting. The athletes had nothing to do with it but I feel this went way past just the football program. This was something that should have been handled much differently and I do believe a death penalty, even a temporary one, would have been a just punishment. I had the utmost respect for Paterno until I found out he swept everything under the rug.

RE: Paterno...the movie - TOPSTRAIGHT - 06-07-2017 09:40 PM

More stupidity.

RE: OT: Paterno...the movie - SVHerd - 06-08-2017 03:38 PM

What was allowed to go on there is atrocious and deserves the death penalty. The players can all transfer to other schools.