CSNbbs
US air strikes pound pro-Assad forces in Syria - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: US air strikes pound pro-Assad forces in Syria (/thread-818113.html)

Pages: 1 2

US air strikes pound pro-Assad forces in Syria - UTSAMarineVet09 - 05-18-2017 01:03 PM

Quote:The U.S. military launched fresh air strikes against pro-Assad forces in Syria, officials told Fox News Thursday.

The American strikes were the first against Assad positions since the Pentagon rained 57 Tomahawk missiles on the Shayrat air base near Homs. But the strikes confirmed Thursday were believed to be the first targeting Syrian personnel. According to the defense official, the coalition strikes targeted pro regime units operating in the vicinity of At-Tnaf. After a show of force to try to stop the pro regime forces was ignored, the strikes were mounted.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/05/18/us-air-strikes-pound-pro-assad-forces-in-syria.html

RE: US air strikes pound pro-Assad forces in Syria - bullet - 05-18-2017 01:08 PM

(05-18-2017 01:03 PM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  
Quote:The U.S. military launched fresh air strikes against pro-Assad forces in Syria, officials told Fox News Thursday.

The American strikes were the first against Assad positions since the Pentagon rained 57 Tomahawk missiles on the Shayrat air base near Homs. But the strikes confirmed Thursday were believed to be the first targeting Syrian personnel. According to the defense official, the coalition strikes targeted pro regime units operating in the vicinity of At-Tnaf. After a show of force to try to stop the pro regime forces was ignored, the strikes were mounted.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/05/18/us-air-strikes-pound-pro-assad-forces-in-syria.html

I read a couple of days ago the Iranians and Hezbollah were threatening the US troops and facility and pushing the Assad forces close to the base.

RE: US air strikes pound pro-Assad forces in Syria - cb4029 - 05-18-2017 01:10 PM

And the misdirection begins. His supporters will be easily distracted by this as it was proven the first time he bombed some dirt. 05-stirthepot

RE: US air strikes pound pro-Assad forces in Syria - UofMstateU - 05-18-2017 01:11 PM

How long before some libturd gets on here and talk about how this is a misdirection or wag the dog type attack.

RE: US air strikes pound pro-Assad forces in Syria - SuperFlyBCat - 05-18-2017 01:13 PM

Yeah Russia owns Trump lol

RE: US air strikes pound pro-Assad forces in Syria - UofMstateU - 05-18-2017 01:14 PM

So, libturds, is Trump still Putins puppet today? Or are we back to WWIII with Russia. Which way is the wind blowing through your stinky pants today?

RE: US air strikes pound pro-Assad forces in Syria - stinkfist - 05-18-2017 01:16 PM

(05-18-2017 01:14 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  So, libturds, is Trump still Putins puppet today? Or are we back to WWIII with Russia. Which way is the wind blowing through your stinky pants today?

you rang???

it's howling out of 'right' at 22 mph at Wrigley today.....

RE: US air strikes pound pro-Assad forces in Syria - cb4029 - 05-18-2017 01:19 PM

So Trump, what time are you dropping those bombs next week.

[Image: united-states-russia.jpg]

RE: US air strikes pound pro-Assad forces in Syria - TigerBlue4Ever - 05-18-2017 03:19 PM

(05-18-2017 01:16 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(05-18-2017 01:14 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  So, libturds, is Trump still Putins puppet today? Or are we back to WWIII with Russia. Which way is the wind blowing through your stinky pants today?

you rang???

it's howling out of 'right' at 22 mph at Wrigley today.....

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

RE: US air strikes pound pro-Assad forces in Syria - JMUDunk - 05-18-2017 03:30 PM

(05-18-2017 01:10 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  And the misdirection begins. His supporters will be easily distracted by this as it was proven the first time he bombed some dirt. 05-stirthepot

Do you ever actually have anything to add to a thread? Or just post the same inane comments and little swirly-guy over and over?

I'll ask this of our Vets and others in the know around here, WTF do we do over there?

This butcher Assad is being propped up by a sizable variety of people that don't have our interests in mind, at all. His opposition is widely undermanned, outgunned, or simply civilians. He's slaughtering those who haven't or can't get the hell out of there, using gas, whatever means necessary it appears.

Do we simply sit aside and let the carnage and genocide stack up?

If we set up "safe zones", do we try to offer safe passage for these people to the zones? Or just say "hey, over here, good luck!".

I've usually got some kind of thought/opinion on most subjects (within reason) but this one has me stumped.

Maybe we just let it play out and hope for the best(?).

Thoughts?

RE: US air strikes pound pro-Assad forces in Syria - JMUDunk - 05-18-2017 03:36 PM

See? You miss it once again.

It's BOTH!

That you can't see that, and Putin is telling his marionette how and when to ineffectively put on the side show just proves that we need another investigation into the matter.

It's pretty clear, this is simply PUTIN to the rescue yet again. We need an independent council, desperately. 07-coffee3

RE: US air strikes pound pro-Assad forces in Syria - Tom in Lazybrook - 05-18-2017 03:55 PM

LOL. Time for a new diversion.

Step one.. Ask Putin for permission.
Step two. If Putin says 'go ahead' tell him where the attack is
Step three. Attack some empty fields
Step four. Claim that you attacked Assad.

We just lobbed some missiles at an empty hillside, most likely. If they were real people attacked there, I'll bet they weren't really Assad's forces.

Why not just lob some missiles at Assad's HQ in Damascus?

RE: US air strikes pound pro-Assad forces in Syria - hoopfan - 05-18-2017 04:01 PM

(05-18-2017 03:55 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

We just lobbed some missiles at an empty hillside, most likely. If they were real people attacked there, I'll bet they weren't really Assad's forces.

like obama would have done

RE: US air strikes pound pro-Assad forces in Syria - bullet - 05-18-2017 04:02 PM

(05-18-2017 03:30 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  
(05-18-2017 01:10 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  And the misdirection begins. His supporters will be easily distracted by this as it was proven the first time he bombed some dirt. 05-stirthepot

Do you ever actually have anything to add to a thread? Or just post the same inane comments and little swirly-guy over and over?

I'll ask this of our Vets and others in the know around here, WTF do we do over there?

This butcher Assad is being propped up by a sizable variety of people that don't have our interests in mind, at all. His opposition is widely undermanned, outgunned, or simply civilians. He's slaughtering those who haven't or can't get the hell out of there, using gas, whatever means necessary it appears.

If we set up "safe zones", do we try to offer safe passage for these people to the zones? Or just say "hey, over here, good luck!".

I've usually got some kind of thought/opinion on most subjects (within reason) but this one has me stumped.

Thoughts?

Obama limited our options. He let the Russians destroy the Democratic opposition, which was already a weak player. We should have had a safe zone like we did with the Kurds in Iraq.

RE: US air strikes pound pro-Assad forces in Syria - hoopfan - 05-18-2017 04:05 PM

Thoughts?

I think of him more as a fine antique time piece on the wall clicking and chiming regularly and soothing and relaxing everyone in the room.

RE: US air strikes pound pro-Assad forces in Syria - DefCONNOne - 05-18-2017 04:08 PM

Uh-oh!! That must mean they're getting real close to proving Putin paid off Trump in the Conservatory with the candlestick. 03-lmfao It has to be that.

RE: US air strikes pound pro-Assad forces in Syria - UTSAMarineVet09 - 05-18-2017 04:15 PM

(05-18-2017 04:01 PM)hoopfan Wrote:  
(05-18-2017 03:55 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

like obama would have done

you are giving oblunder too much credit... he would just have drawn another red line, but this time closer to him.

RE: US air strikes pound pro-Assad forces in Syria - JMUDunk - 05-18-2017 04:23 PM

(05-18-2017 04:02 PM)bullet Wrote:  

Thoughts?

Obama limited our options. He let the Russians destroy the Democratic opposition, which was already a weak player. We should have had a safe zone like we did with the Kurds in Iraq.

Oh, no doubt.

Something, whatever it was, arming the opposition, stopping Assad in his tracks before Russia and Iran gets involved, grounding Assads air power, or setting up safe zones and stemming the flow of people running out of there should have been done years ago.

But, again, the behinder in chief screwed things up by doing nothing.

I guess my question is- so what now? Things certainly haven't improved much if at all, do we continue to let this thing carry on for years?

I honestly don't know what you do here.

RE: US air strikes pound pro-Assad forces in Syria - DFWMINER - 05-18-2017 05:04 PM

So we're back on the side of isiis?

We just need to get **** out of there.

RE: US air strikes pound pro-Assad forces in Syria - LeFlâneur - 05-18-2017 05:14 PM

Thank goodness Trump didn't have them bomb the Chinese embassy.