CSNbbs
Womens basketball transfer - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: Womens basketball transfer (/thread-818088.html)

Womens basketball transfer - Bogey - 05-18-2017 08:59 AM

I am hearing from a number of players that Savannah Felgemacher has asked for her release in order to transfer.

RE: Womens basketball transfer - Duke Dawg - 05-18-2017 09:03 AM

that's too bad, but can't say i'm surprised.

it's going to be awful crowded in the frontcourt next year with experienced players. Someone was bound to realize they might not play much and want to explore options.

RE: Womens basketball transfer - orange-to-purple - 05-18-2017 11:48 AM

If true, I hate that. She has really been coming along nicely. I would guess she might be ETSU bound if that's the case. Or possibly Carson-Newman or LMU. She's an East Tennessee girl.

RE: Womens basketball transfer - JMad03 - 05-18-2017 01:02 PM

Her name was the first that came to mind even before I read this thread.
Few reasons:
-Not sure the coach-player relationship was working out. I got the feeling that Coach O expected more from her and she was slow to get on board. I believe he also mentioned her confidence. I think Coach knew what she could do, but she just wasn't getting there consistently.
-Play time. As DD said, it's going to be tough to get on the court next year. I think she definitely would have had a chance, but would need to be at the top of her game all the time to get there.
I wish her the best. She's capable of being a great player.

RE: Womens basketball transfer - ParentofJMUMRDs - 05-18-2017 03:02 PM

If she does transfer I will miss her. Has a lot of potential and size but as several others have noted above it will be a fight for playing time for a fair number of players next season. The front court is loaded and will allow Coach O plenty of time to run players in and out all game long.

Hope Felgamonster decides to remain a Duke but if she does leave I would like to thank her for her solid playing the last 2 seasons. Hope things work out for her whatever she decides to do.

Brian