CSNbbs
[split] Andy Kennedy's contract not extended (FB derail) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: [split] Andy Kennedy's contract not extended (FB derail) (/thread-817762.html)

[split] Andy Kennedy's contract not extended (FB derail) - the_blazerman - 05-14-2017 07:27 AM

Watson Brown has won the most games in UAB history.

RE: Andy Kennedy's contract not extended - UAB Band Dad - 05-14-2017 09:49 AM

There's a good betting question. Assuming he isn't hired away, how long will it take Bill Clark to break that record?

RE: [split] Andy Kennedy's contract not extended (FB derail) - randy22263 - 05-14-2017 12:41 PM

(05-14-2017 09:49 AM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  There's a good betting question. Assuming he isn't hired away, how long will it take Bill Clark to break that record?

Averaging 8 wins a year ( pretty tall order) would take him 7+ years to win that honor.

RE: [split] Andy Kennedy's contract not extended (FB derail) - demiveeman - 05-14-2017 03:10 PM

The two responses to the original comment by the_blazerman may have been a derail, but I viewed the original comment as a direct response/commentary on why "winning the most games in school history" may not be a valid reason to renew somebody's contract (which was a response to the original topic of discussion).

RE: [split] Andy Kennedy's contract not extended (FB derail) - the_blazerman - 05-14-2017 04:03 PM

I can only recall 1 season where Kennedy made the tournament & even then it was by the skin of his teeth.

Yes, longevity can get you lots of wins, but even Kennedy's better than average for Mississippi is ho hum compared to other programs in the SEC.

RE: [split] Andy Kennedy's contract not extended (FB derail) - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 05-14-2017 04:34 PM

(05-14-2017 12:41 PM)randy22263 Wrote:  
(05-14-2017 09:49 AM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  There's a good betting question. Assuming he isn't hired away, how long will it take Bill Clark to break that record?

Averaging 8 wins a year ( pretty tall order) would take him 7+ years to win that honor.

The assumption that it would take FBHC Clark 7+ years of exceptional wins to tie and surpass Watson Brown is a testament to Brown's record. With the additional support of new facilities and financial backing Brown could only dream about having, Clark has obvious advantages in his UAB tenure. This is the coaching situation Blazer fans have been working toward all these years, and I am glad to see it accomplished in my lifetime.