CSNbbs
Former USM great Michael Jackson killed in motor cycle accident... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Former USM great Michael Jackson killed in motor cycle accident... (/thread-817660.html)

Former USM great Michael Jackson killed in motor cycle accident... - nastybunch - 05-12-2017 11:54 AM

In Louisiana...

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2017/05/12/ex-nfl-player-michael-d-jackson-killed-motorcyle-accident/

RE: Former USM great Michael Jackson killed in motor cycle accident... - Dawgxas - 05-12-2017 01:03 PM

If the article is correct, his reckless actions killed an innocent 20 yr old.

I see it quite often on the freeway, bikes blazing past at such high rate they are a blur. All it takes is one person to change lanes without seeing them, not worried about the motorcycle but the multi-car wreck that would insue

Edit: Wreckless to Reckless

RE: Former USM great Michael Jackson killed in motor cycle accident... - THUNDERStruck73 - 05-12-2017 01:04 PM

I thought Michael Jackson was killed in a TRICYCLE accident.... oh...wait...wrong Michael Jackson.

RE: Former USM great Michael Jackson killed in motor cycle accident... - ODU2011 - 05-12-2017 02:23 PM

(05-12-2017 01:03 PM)Dawgxas Wrote:  If the article is correct, his wreckless actions killed an innocent 20 yr old.

I see it quite often on the freeway, bikes blazing past at such high rate they are a blur. All it takes is one person to change lanes without seeing them, not worried about the motorcycle but the multi-car wreck that would insue

Exactly. Its a shame. Unfortunate for both people/families involved.

RE: Former USM great Michael Jackson killed in motor cycle accident... - Noodles - 05-12-2017 07:33 PM

Or you could say the person who backed into traffic murdered him.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Former USM great Michael Jackson killed in motor cycle accident... - southernbirds67 - 05-12-2017 10:15 PM

(05-12-2017 07:33 PM)Noodles Wrote:  Or you could say the person who backed into traffic murdered him.

Exactly, she backed out of a driveway blocking both lanes of traffic on a U.S. Highway, that's a no-no. Sad two people have lost their lives.

RE: Former USM great Michael Jackson killed in motor cycle accident... - Dawgxas - 05-12-2017 10:59 PM

(05-12-2017 07:33 PM)Noodles Wrote:  Or you could say the person who backed into traffic murdered him.

Not when he was traveling at a "high rate of speed" I doubt she even saw him or just a blur. People make terrible decisions but when someone's reckless behavior puts other's life at risk its hard to have sympathy

RE: Former USM great Michael Jackson killed in motor cycle accident... - stinkfist - 05-13-2017 02:34 AM

(05-12-2017 10:59 PM)Dawgxas Wrote:  

Not when he was traveling at a "high rate of speed" I doubt she even saw him or just a blur. People make terrible decisions but when someone's reckless behavior puts other's life at risk its hard to have sympathy

"nothing good happens after midnight"..... very sad to hear....

RE: Former USM great Michael Jackson killed in motor cycle accident... - GreenHornet33 - 05-13-2017 11:49 AM

RIP Mike! Cool, down to earth dude. I met him at the Jackson State/Southern game this past year and he was the life of the party during the tailgate.

RE: Former USM great Michael Jackson killed in motor cycle accident... - stodgdog - 05-13-2017 03:22 PM

Motorcyclists must be extra careful in order to protect themselves and others. Motorcycles are often hard to see and when seen, difficult to gauge their speed. I had three friends killed in accidents in a short period of time a few years ago. I haven't ridden my bike very often since and very seldom on a highway.

RE: Former USM great Michael Jackson killed in motor cycle accident... - HogDawg - 05-13-2017 05:59 PM

Well, it's her RESPONSIBILITY to see him.

RE: Former USM great Michael Jackson killed in motor cycle accident... - Hilltopper2K - 05-13-2017 08:21 PM

(05-13-2017 03:22 PM)stodgdog Wrote:  

Motorcyclists must be extra careful in order to protect themselves and others. Motorcycles are often hard to see and when seen, difficult to gauge their speed. I had three friends killed in accidents in a short period of time a few years ago. I haven't ridden my bike very often since and very seldom on a highway.

Motorcycles may seem cool but they are really dangerous. A guy my Dad worked with died on a motorcycle. Cornelius Martin who was on the board of regents at WKU and was killed on a motorcycle. You hear all the time of somebody getting killed on a motorcycle.

Personally I just don't think they are worth the risk. Tragic.

RE: Former USM great Michael Jackson killed in motor cycle accident... - southernbirds67 - 05-13-2017 11:24 PM

They say there are two kinds of motorcycle riders, those who have had wrecks and those that are going to. We almost lost my nephew a couple of years ago while he was on a benefit ride up in South Carolina. Died twice on the helicopter after something came off a trailer and clipped his front tire sending him over the handle bars at 70 mph into a guard rail. Luckily there was a NASCAR safety crew right behind him when it happened with trauma nurses and doctors.