CSNbbs
Circumcision - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Circumcision (/thread-816999.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Circumcision - DexterDevil - 05-04-2017 02:09 AM

Starting off, it is clear that circumcision is not as near severe or life threatening as FGM, but isn't circumcision also mutilation? There are anywhere from 20,000 to 70,000 nerve endings within the foreskin, it is considered to be the least sensitive location of the 8 parts of the body studied. Most men who are circumcised later on in life report that it becomes a more sexually sensitive area after circumcision while some lament the decision saying that it becomes even less sensitive than before, guessing due the differences are because of either the glands being more exposed or the nerve endings themselves are damaged in the process.

In one discussion I read about it, a mother gave her reasonings, she said that she didn't want to have to deal with the regular cleaning within the foreskin as to prevent infection because she felt it would be far too personal for her to do that to her boy. Reasoning that I find ridiculous, reasoning that is because she didn't want to have to "get personal" that in my view is laziness and sexualizing her son as an infant, both of which I find unreasonable and wrong. You wipe his ass, you clean his tip, but making sure his foreskin in clean is getting personal?

Obviously circumcision started more as a religious practice than a health practice in Jewish, Muslim, and Christian culture (though at the time, due to lack of scientific advancement and healthcare, was actually necessary and probably did prevent many unnecessary deaths) and was seen, much like FGM, as a way to control sexual urge (lust) and later as a form to make boys less interested in masterbating as suggested by Mr. Cornflakes I mean Kellogg himself.

So I guess my question to the board, is circumcision genital mutilation and should it be left to the individual to decide on later in life based on his religious or personal belief or is circumcision okay to perform on baby boys as is the cultural norm and as the decision (legally) of the mother?

RE: Circumcision - dfarr - 05-04-2017 07:21 AM

I wouldn't equate it to FGM because FGM is used as a way to make women subservient and asexual.

Circumcision is medically unnecessary. Yes, there are studies about decreased risks of HIV or STDs, but if you're having a surgery done on your child to decrease STDs then I think you're going about parenting wrong.

The majority of penile diseases that are associated with not being circumcised are all cured by basic hygiene.

I work in a urology practice and we rarely have a medical need to do circumcisions. We have men come in occasionally who want one due to cultural norms, but when I explain to them that it may decrease sexual sensitivity and isn't medically necessary then many of them change their minds.

RE: Circumcision - stinkfist - 05-04-2017 07:55 AM

so we have another thread about this....

all I know is I can't remember any of it and am 'just fine' my parents chose that option....I'm certain I would've been fine if they didn't....

my question would be....if there was truly a harmful side effect due to the procedure, then why is it legal??? (don't walk the rebuttal down the abortion path)

to be honest, I think the entire thingy is laughable in scope....

arguing 'ethical semantics' will never achieve 1 or 0......to pull one from mach's pocket, it's reason #18485969 why I'm an atheist....

arguing personal choice makes no sense to me......not having choice would suck major balls....so as a parent, it is only choice.....and that child will hopefully one day have the same opportunity to do the same

RE: Circumcision - LeFlâneur - 05-04-2017 08:02 AM

Trying to put the mohels on unemployment?

RE: Circumcision - stinkfist - 05-04-2017 08:30 AM

(05-04-2017 08:02 AM)LeFlâneur Wrote:  Trying to put the mohels on unemployment?

robotics will take care of that down the road.....

RE: Circumcision - LeFlâneur - 05-04-2017 08:57 AM

(05-04-2017 08:30 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(05-04-2017 08:02 AM)LeFlâneur Wrote:  Trying to put the mohels on unemployment?

Would you describe that as cutting edge technology?

RE: Circumcision - stinkfist - 05-04-2017 09:04 AM

(05-04-2017 08:57 AM)LeFlâneur Wrote:  
(05-04-2017 08:30 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  

Would you describe that as cutting edge technology?

w/o hesitation....unless there was a 'power outage'

RE: Circumcision - ericsrevenge76 - 05-04-2017 09:41 AM

There is no religious significance in circumcision for bible believing Christians.

Its more of a cultural thing in America.

RE: Circumcision - Fitbud - 05-04-2017 09:59 AM

(05-04-2017 09:41 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  There is no religious significance in circumcision for bible believing Christians.

Are you kidding?

I guess you have never read the Bible.

RE: Circumcision - ECUGrad07 - 05-04-2017 10:21 AM

When my son was born, my wife asked if I thought he should be circumcised. Without any hesitation, I said "absolutely." We don't live in the Ukraine. My parents did it for me, and I honestly thought everyone did.

I feel bad for kids whose parents don't do it for them... they have to live a lifetime of women asking "what's wrong with it?" and being the brunt of locker room bullying.

RE: Circumcision - UTSAMarineVet09 - 05-04-2017 10:23 AM

(05-04-2017 09:59 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(05-04-2017 09:41 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  There is no religious significance in circumcision for bible believing Christians.

Are you kidding?

What verse?

RE: Circumcision - ericsrevenge76 - 05-04-2017 10:30 AM

Are you kidding?

Are you TRYING to make a fool of yourself?

By all means Fit, show us the NT verses on circumcising all Christian males.

Circumcision has nothing to do with Christians or Gentiles. It was a law for ancient Hebrews.

We are not ancient Hebrews, we are Christian Gentiles.

RE: Circumcision - stinkfist - 05-04-2017 10:35 AM

(05-04-2017 10:21 AM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  When my son was born, my wife asked if I thought he should be circumcised. Without any hesitation, I said "absolutely." We don't live in the Ukraine. My parents did it for me, and I honestly thought everyone did.

I feel bad for kids whose parents don't do it for them... they have to live a lifetime of women asking "what's wrong with it?" and being the brunt of locker room bullying.

XACLY!

ze woman have told me ze 'stories'.....and I like ze women....

it's akin to a woman that doesn't shave the beave'......I never enjoyed flossing that way 03-wink

RE: Circumcision - Hood-rich - 05-04-2017 10:35 AM

(05-04-2017 10:21 AM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  When my son was born, my wife asked if I thought he should be circumcised. Without any hesitation, I said "absolutely." We don't live in the Ukraine. My parents did it for me, and I honestly thought everyone did.

Yep. Also an uncircumcised one looks like a pain in the arse to deal with tbh.

RE: Circumcision - Hood-rich - 05-04-2017 10:37 AM

(05-04-2017 10:35 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  

XACLY!

it's akin to a woman that doesn't shave the beave'......I never enjoyed flossing that way 03-wink

"I like a big bush."

RE: Circumcision - stinkfist - 05-04-2017 10:43 AM

(05-04-2017 10:37 AM)Hood-rich Wrote:  
(05-04-2017 10:35 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  

XACLY!

"I like a big bush."

billy bob/machete/angelina

use your imagination.....

RE: Circumcision - UTSAMarineVet09 - 05-04-2017 10:46 AM

(05-04-2017 10:35 AM)Hood-rich Wrote:  

Yep. Also an uncircumcised one looks like a pain in the arse to deal with tbh.

As someone who is not circumcised, I can honestly tell you that I havent had any of those problems. I showered in the locker room just like any other football player and the same in the Marines. No one ever came up to me and asked me what was wrong with my dick.

Yeah, at first girls are actually more interested than disgusted, probably because they have never been with someone who was never circumcised, but after you lay down the wood, my dick not being circumcised was the least of their worries.

RE: Circumcision - Fitbud - 05-04-2017 10:48 AM

(05-04-2017 10:30 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  

Are you kidding?

Circumcision has nothing to do with Christians or Gentiles. It was a law for ancient Hebrews.

I never said anything about the NT. I was talking about the Bible as a whole.

We may not be Hebrews but that doesn't mean that what is in the Old Testament isn't important to Christians.

RE: Circumcision - ericsrevenge76 - 05-04-2017 10:54 AM

Never really heard of a man who regretted being circumcised.

It got to be in the >1% range.

I have heard a few atheists try to use this issue to accuse the bible of teaching of genital mutilation in the OT. Seems to be a growing theme for some.

RE: Circumcision - ericsrevenge76 - 05-04-2017 10:57 AM

(05-04-2017 10:48 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(05-04-2017 10:30 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  

Are you kidding?

I never said anything about the NT. I was talking about the Bible as a whole.

We may not be Hebrews but that doesn't mean that what is in the Old Testament isn't important to Christians.

Actually you quoted my post which specifically said it was meaningless for Christians,

So no, the context never was the OT or 3000 years ago. The context of the thread and my post was TODAY. Christians are under the New Covenant, not the old. Circumcision does not apply to us.