CSNbbs
Gold version of our Russell jerseys - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt West Team Talk (/forum-290.html)
+----- Forum: Southern Miss (/forum-447.html)
+----- Thread: Gold version of our Russell jerseys (/thread-816628.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Gold version of our Russell jerseys - TTT - 04-28-2017 01:25 PM

Looks like Russell sent us some gold versions of our uni's that we'll be wearing this fall. I personally think they look terrible...very SWAC-ish.

https://twitter.com/SouthernMissEQU/status/857994989372092417

RE: Gold version of our Russell jerseys - LouisianaEagleEdD - 04-28-2017 01:32 PM

Oh Lord, more bitching.

RE: Gold version of our Russell jerseys - usm99 - 04-28-2017 01:46 PM

(04-28-2017 01:25 PM)TTT Wrote:  Looks like Russell sent us some gold versions of our uni's that we'll be wearing this fall. I personally think they look terrible...very SWAC-ish.

https://twitter.com/SouthernMissEQU/status/857994989372092417

Agreed. If someone within our department came up with that then they need to find a new job. Probably one of the 2 guys that took jobs at Troy

RE: Gold version of our Russell jerseys - Black Diamond Reb - 04-28-2017 01:54 PM

Those are sweet .. Bunny Rabbit won't have to "Go back to Alcorn" to be in style now.

I hope they bring back those saber tooth tiger face masks like PockCone and friends sported. Those have SUNWACUSA champions written all over them.

RE: Gold version of our Russell jerseys - TTT - 04-28-2017 04:26 PM

(04-28-2017 01:32 PM)LouisianaEagleEdD Wrote:  Oh Lord, more bitching.

Oh come on dude, you're telling me those aren't hideous!??

RE: Gold version of our Russell jerseys - HarborPointe - 04-28-2017 11:09 PM

I like 'em. F*** it, it's a school color.

The banana look from a few years back wasn't something I'd want to see every week, but it was a unique change of pace to break out on occasion.

Truth be told, I'll never complain about a uniform being ugly ever again as long as everything is the same color on both sides.

RE: Gold version of our Russell jerseys - Nugget's Ghostbuster - 04-29-2017 03:01 PM

(04-28-2017 11:09 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  I like 'em. F*** it, it's a school color.

The banana look from a few years back wasn't something I'd want to see every week, but it was a unique change of pace to break out on occasion.

Truth be told, I'll never complain about a uniform being ugly ever again as long as everything is the same color on both sides.

I agree with your comments.........minus the obvious racist banana reference......we should respect all of our student atheletes Harbor.........black, white, Mexican, Asian, etc..... no need to monkey around with those banana comments........it's 2017, Harbor. Let's love all people!

RE: Gold version of our Russell jerseys - eaglebeaver - 04-29-2017 03:22 PM

(04-29-2017 03:01 PM)Nuggets Ghostbuster Wrote:  
(04-28-2017 11:09 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  I like 'em. F*** it, it's a school color.

Let's love all people!

COMMIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!03-lmfao04-cheers04-rock03-lmfao04-cheers04-rock

RE: Gold version of our Russell jerseys - GeagleFan - 04-30-2017 09:56 AM

I think the jerseys look decent... I'm a little indifferent. However, there was a hint that gold pants would be accompanying and that's something we've needed with these new digs. Never understood why we didn't have the black top/gold bottom with this generation of uni's like we always have for years.

RE: Gold version of our Russell jerseys - EagleFWB - 04-30-2017 10:35 AM

I've always been in the black top/gold pants camp. It's our school colors. You want to do an all black game and/or a game with some other combo,that's fine. I get it, just not as the primary uni.

I would also love to see that new eagle logo on a matte black helmet this year.

RE: Gold version of our Russell jerseys - shiftyeagle - 04-30-2017 01:26 PM

They look fine to me.

RE: Gold version of our Russell jerseys - eaglebeaver - 04-30-2017 04:16 PM

(04-30-2017 01:26 PM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  They look fine to me.

03-thumbsup

RE: Gold version of our Russell jerseys - Nugget's Ghost - 04-30-2017 04:44 PM

...Best lookin Jersey we've had since Fedora years.

RE: Gold version of our Russell jerseys - HarborPointe - 04-30-2017 08:31 PM

(04-30-2017 10:35 AM)EagleFWB Wrote:  I would also love to see that new eagle logo on a matte black helmet this year.

The eagle head on the helmet needs to happen. I was kinda surprised we didn't break that out at least once last season.

RE: Gold version of our Russell jerseys - Nugget's Ghost - 04-30-2017 08:44 PM

...put the eaglehead on the hip/sleeve....need an eagle eye on the fifty....make the letters of the woodmark solid on the helmet so the 78 people watching around the Nation on facebook can read wtf it says.

RE: Gold version of our Russell jerseys - HarborPointe - 04-30-2017 08:58 PM

(04-30-2017 08:44 PM)Nuggets Ghost Wrote:  ...put the eaglehead on the hip/sleeve....need an eagle eye on the fifty....make the letters of the woodmark solid on the helmet so the 78 people watching around the Nation on facebook can read wtf it says.

The workmark on the helmets needs to die. Just writing out the name of your school on your lids is the most bush-league thing we do, and heaven knows that's not a short list. Not even the schools of the aforementioned SWAC do that crap. The closest to it is Alcorn, and even they have it inside of a logo.

RE: Gold version of our Russell jerseys - tg300 - 04-30-2017 09:21 PM

(04-30-2017 08:58 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  
(04-30-2017 08:44 PM)Nuggets Ghost Wrote:  ...put the eaglehead on the hip/sleeve....need an eagle eye on the fifty....make the letters of the woodmark solid on the helmet so the 78 people watching around the Nation on facebook can read wtf it says.

The workmark on the helmets needs to die. Just writing out the name of your school on your lids is the most bush-league thing we do, and heaven knows that's not a short list. Not even the schools of the aforementioned SWAC do that crap. The closest to it is Alcorn, and even they have it inside of a logo.

+1

Put the logo, whatever the f*&k it is that day, on the helmet.

Act like you belong.

RE: Gold version of our Russell jerseys - stinkfist - 04-30-2017 10:14 PM

(04-30-2017 09:21 PM)tg300 Wrote:  
(04-30-2017 08:58 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  

+1

Put the logo, whatever the f*&k it is that day, on the helmet.

Act like you belong.

regarding the look of the jerseys, I have zero problem with them (but I'm not a uni guy until it gets stupid)

having said that.....

NOBODY spells the university name on their helmet in D1 other than us and Ole Pissy....

Southern Miss spelled out on the helmet has got to go....the diagonal USM was fairly solid in my mind....go with a redesign of this or some logo only version.....I would personally look at the StL logo and work the USM lettering that way...jmo from a Card's fan...

[Image: 5040a1264079a4e796671e722da24fff.jpg]

RE: Gold version of our Russell jerseys - HarborPointe - 04-30-2017 10:50 PM

(04-30-2017 10:14 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  NOBODY spells the university name on their helmet in D1 other than us and Ole Pissy....

Also Ohio, Tulsa, and Pitt. All of the above are very short words, though, so the name as a logo kinda works for them (for instance, you can still see WTF it is from more than 20 feet away). When even the abbreviated name of your school is still 2 words & 12 letters...ehhh, not so much.

RE: Gold version of our Russell jerseys - eaglebeaver - 04-30-2017 10:53 PM

I think the "Southern Miss" lettering on helmets came from Jeff Bowah, who decried the Penn State look Curly Hallman had instituted for 3 years (he said "nobody knew who we were")....

I actually liked the look of the throwbacks during HWSNBN's 1 year disaster....but those will probably never be worn again because of WHOand WHAT it reminds us of (not Underwood! 03-lmfao)

Lastly, I've never understood why we never have piping on the side of the gold pants (when we infrequently wear them).....always thought they looked better as a black/white/gold version of LSU's purple/white/gold pants...