CSNbbs
Gunner Kiel and others working out with the Bengals? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+------ Forum: Cincinnati Archives (/forum-932.html)
+------ Thread: Gunner Kiel and others working out with the Bengals? (/thread-815790.html)

Gunner Kiel and others working out with the Bengals? - pat5775 - 04-18-2017 01:32 PM

Just saw this posted on Zach Edwards Instagram

https://instagram.com/p/BTCLwrvA3pJ/

Looks like Gunner (#8) is among several working out with the Bengals. Not seeing anything official anywhere besides this photo so I don't really know if this was a workout or just some sort of publicity event. If McCarron gets traded, what are the chances the Bengals keep Kiel on the roster?

RE: Gunner Kiel and others working out with the Bengals? - The T-Shirt - 04-18-2017 01:38 PM

Kiel and the others have to get through the draft first. One maybe two might get drafted.

This is something the Bengals do every year. They host players from local colleges, and players born and raised in Cincy but went to college elsewhere. It's a scouting event for local guys to "tryout" for the Bengals and I would assume other teams scouts.

RE: Gunner Kiel and others working out with the Bengals? - CliftonAve - 04-18-2017 01:40 PM

(04-18-2017 01:38 PM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  Kiel and the others have to get through the draft first. One maybe two might get drafted.

This is something the Bengals do every year. They host players from local colleges, and players born and raised in Cincy but went to college elsewhere. It's a scouting event for local guys to "tryout" for the Bengals and I would assume other teams scouts.

Kiel is not going to get drafted. The guys with the best chance, from early reports, is Mike Tyson and Eric Wilson. They've both have had private workouts with several teams. My guess is they could be drafted somewhere between the 4th and 6th rounds.

That beings said, some of the guys on this list could be picked up as undrafted free agents or attempt to make their way onto the team via a try-out.

RE: Gunner Kiel and others working out with the Bengals? - The T-Shirt - 04-18-2017 01:47 PM

(04-18-2017 01:40 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  
(04-18-2017 01:38 PM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  Kiel and the others have to get through the draft first. One maybe two might get drafted.

Kiel is not going to get drafted. The guys with the best chance, from early reports, is Mike Tyson and Eric Wilson. They've both have had private workouts with several teams. My guess is they could be drafted somewhere between the 4th and 6th rounds.

That beings said, some of the guys on this list could be picked up as undrafted free agents or attempt to make their way onto the team via a try-out.

Of course he won't, nowhere near enough tape plus a lot of it doesn't look so great anyway.

I agree on Tyson and Wilson though. Edwards, Bond, Kiel should all get some level of camp looks.

RE: Gunner Kiel and others working out with the Bengals? - JackieTreehorn - 04-18-2017 02:10 PM

(04-18-2017 01:47 PM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  

Of course he won't, nowhere near enough tape plus a lot of it doesn't look so great anyway.

I agree on Tyson and Wilson though. Edwards, Bond, Kiel should all get some level of camp looks.

Tion has an outside shot of getting drafted late, as there is apparently a lot of increased interest in big backs in the NFL this cycle. Dowdy will also end up in someone's camp.

RE: Gunner Kiel and others working out with the Bengals? - BearcatMan - 04-18-2017 02:30 PM

(04-18-2017 02:10 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  
(04-18-2017 01:47 PM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  

Tion has an outside shot of getting drafted late, as there is apparently a lot of increased interest in big backs in the NFL this cycle. Dowdy will also end up in someone's camp.

I think Pace or Johnson will probably get a look somewhere too...only other one with even an outside shot would be Kinard, but there isn't enough tape on him for NFL teams to do anything other than a pre-summer rookie camp invite.

RE: Gunner Kiel and others working out with the Bengals? - dj3600 - 04-18-2017 04:04 PM

I hope for the best for all these young men some should be drafted in later rounds and a few could be good free agent signings

RE: Gunner Kiel and others working out with the Bengals? - Former Lurker - 04-18-2017 04:34 PM

The real question with Kiel is whether he shows enough promise to get signed as a free agent, or at least to a practice squad. I believe that he has the talent, but is developmentally far behind his peers. I hope someone gives him a shot as a project player.