CSNbbs
Facebook's gonna launch a Jobs feature - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Facebook's gonna launch a Jobs feature (/thread-814992.html)

Facebook's gonna launch a Jobs feature - nomad2u2001 - 04-09-2017 11:24 PM

This is something no school has prepared us for.

https://www.brightmove.com/facebook-features/

Quote:New Facebook Features Boost Hiring Outreach

Facebook recently amped up its job application capabilities—what does this mean for HR, recruiters, and applicants?

In terms of numbers, Facebook reports 1.23 billion daily active users. Without argument, user engagement on Facebook is unmatched. While using Facebook as a talent pool is not new, the social media channel now offers more features for those interested in finding or filling a job.

Overall, those features make it easier for employers in the United States and Canada to get the word out about open positions. Facebook makes it easier for businesses to post jobs, reply to postings, and interact quickly with applicants through Messenger. Potential employers can also pay fees to increase their posting prominence and reach.

For applicants, a new jobs bookmark on Facebook makes it a cinch to scroll through employment opportunities based on location, industry, and job type.

As you might expect, Facebook fine-tuned its interactivity, and can now push a lot more jobs into and through its platform for those looking.

RE: Facebook's gonna launch a Jobs feature - EverRespect - 04-10-2017 07:58 AM

Good idea. It could save a lot of time if hiring managers can easily interact with recruits before wasting time and money bringing them in.

It has been about 8 years since I have been a job seeker, but the worst part about it was having to fill out applications, which can take hours to do properly, just to submit interest to the HR department for a small chance it gets through them to the hiring manager to have a chance at getting an interview.

I think this could be a win-win.

RE: Facebook's gonna launch a Jobs feature - stinkfist - 04-10-2017 08:02 AM

I've wondered for sometime why there wasn't biz functionality on FB...

with all those eyeballs, the sky's the limit on options....

RE: Facebook's gonna launch a Jobs feature - DaSaintFan - 04-10-2017 08:10 AM

(04-10-2017 08:02 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  I've wondered for sometime why there wasn't biz functionality on FB...

That's what the other services are supposed to be for, such as LinkedIn. But everyone hears "Facebook' and goes all googly-eyed.

Do you really want your job seeking to be based around a website that's primarily a bunch of screaming and fighting over political memes and SJW postings?

RE: Facebook's gonna launch a Jobs feature - UofMstateU - 04-10-2017 08:12 AM

(04-10-2017 08:02 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  I've wondered for sometime why there wasn't biz functionality on FB...

FB was too busy trying to pump out fake news to everybody that they really didnt think about something that could bring real value to their platform.

RE: Facebook's gonna launch a Jobs feature - stinkfist - 04-10-2017 08:29 AM

(04-10-2017 08:10 AM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  

That's what the other services are supposed to be for, such as LinkedIn. But everyone hears "Facebook' and goes all googly-eyed.

Do you really want your job seeking to be based around a website that's primarily a bunch of screaming and fighting over political memes and SJW postings?

while I agree with "supposed to be" (and I don't FB), it's their eyeballs that turn this into a gem...

I view it similarly to the one-stop shop strategy implemented by wally-world when they began opening the supercenters....

RE: Facebook's gonna launch a Jobs feature - EverRespect - 04-10-2017 09:09 AM

LinkedIn has failed to simplify it. Everytime a job is posted that I have some interest in, I click on the link and it takes me to the website to fill out an application. I am not actively looking for a job and I am not spending hours filling out an application unless I have been engaged with them and it is a good fit. Let me tell you the value I bring to the table and find out how your team works and the talk money. 90% of the time there is no way I am leaving my current position and I am not going to waste much of my time unless I know there is a possibility that you could be that other 10%.

RE: Facebook's gonna launch a Jobs feature - stinkfist - 04-10-2017 09:22 AM

(04-10-2017 09:09 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  

LinkedIn has failed to simplify it. Everytime a job is posted that I have some interest in, I click on the link and it takes me to the website to fill out an application. I am not actively looking for a job and I am not spending hours filling out an application unless I have been engaged with them and it is a good fit. Let me tell you the value I bring to the table and find out how your team works and the talk money. 90% of the time there is no way I am leaving my current position and I am not going to waste much of my time unless I know there is a possibility that you could be that other 10%.

completely agree....LinkedIn is as worthy as giving someone a business card that gets tossed....they whiffed the opportunity....

RE: Facebook's gonna launch a Jobs feature - Bull_Is_Back - 04-10-2017 10:05 AM

I liked the first facebook jobs site... Linkedin

RE: Facebook's gonna launch a Jobs feature - Niner National - 04-10-2017 09:33 PM

They've already launched it. I posted a job listing on there last week. I've gotten one resume so far.

It made it super easy to stalk him and he was immediately taken out of consideration 03-lmfao