CSNbbs
#16 OU Centerfielder batting .369 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Rice (/forum-444.html)
+----- Thread: #16 OU Centerfielder batting .369 (/thread-814984.html)

#16 OU Centerfielder batting .369 - ETx Owl - 04-09-2017 08:29 PM

And he is a Hollas, son of a Rice football player and Rice tennis player, not to mention Uncles and great uncles. Guess when the "Ho--Lahs became the Hollis, Rice quit recruiting them.

RE: #16 OU Centerfielder batting .369 - ETx Owl - 04-09-2017 08:48 PM

Not to be out done was sister who was SLC newcomer of the year in volleyball at SFA

RE: #16 OU Centerfielder batting .369 - gmath - 04-09-2017 08:53 PM

(04-09-2017 08:29 PM)ETx Owl Wrote:  And he is a Hollas, son of a Rice football player and Rice tennis player, not to mention Uncles and great uncles. Guess when the "Ho--Lahs became the Hollis, Rice quit recruiting them.

Wow. I hope he gets serious consideration as an All-American with those numbers in a good conference.

On a related note, the Horns, led by Coach Pierce, took two of three from OU this weekend.

RE: #16 OU Centerfielder batting .369 - Fort Bend Owl - 04-09-2017 09:18 PM

Great parents too. Both were super students and super nice. You can see them in a photo behind OJ Brigance in the link below. I'd hope we recruited both of their kids (they have another daughter) but it just didn't work out in the recruiting process for one reason or another. Liz had a sister who played tennis at Rice too but I don't recall her name (actually looked that up right now - the sisters were teammates of Liz but their last name was Nederveld - I think they were from Michigan if I'm remembering correctly).

Donald is now in the oil and gas industry in Houston. His kids are probably a bit younger?

http://www.riceowls.com/blog/2013/05/sharing-an-honored-jersey.html

RE: #16 OU Centerfielder batting .369 - tanqtonic - 04-09-2017 10:51 PM

(04-09-2017 08:29 PM)ETx Owl Wrote:  And he is a Hollas, son of a Rice football player and Rice tennis player, not to mention Uncles and great uncles. Guess when the "Ho--Lahs became the Hollis, Rice quit recruiting them.

Heh.... both Will and Don played on our intramural softball team. Awesome guys. Funny that they pronounced their last names differently.

That team also played at the Softball Country Club Feb. leagues. It was hilarious to see the other teams jaws drop when Will would throw a rope to home plate from left field. Then they would hit it dead center to Don, who threw an even harder rope in....