CSNbbs
Rawhide - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: OVCbbs (/forum-17.html)
+---- Forum: Ohio Valley Team Talk (/forum-784.html)
+----- Forum: Little Rock (/forum-291.html)
+----- Thread: Rawhide (/thread-814968.html)

Rawhide - MICHAELSPAPPY - 04-09-2017 03:14 PM

My son-in-law and I are watching Rawhide, the only movie credit for Lou Gehrig. It is strictly B status, but it is interesting watching Gehrig. He definitely had Hollywood looks.

RE: Rawhide - LRTrojan - 04-09-2017 06:18 PM

(04-09-2017 03:14 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  My son-in-law and I are watching Rawhide, the only movie credit for Lou Gehrig. It is strictly B status, but it is interesting watching Gehrig. He definitely had Hollywood looks.

I'm a big fan of B westerns, and belong to a group that watches B westerns only on the first Saturday of the month. Not a bad B movie, and while I'm sure the name Lou Gehrig drew more to the movie than the star, Smith Ballew. It was made in 1938, and if you're not my age or older, or a fan of B westerns, you've most likely never heard of Smith Ballew. According to my book of B westerns, he only made five westerns.

By the way Pappy, old Lou could chunk a pool ball pretty good too in a saloon bar fight couldn't he? Yes, he had the looks, and wasn't that bad of an actor either. Heck of a lot better than some of the B actors. I suspect you watched it on YouTube, didn't you. I watch a lot of B's off of YouTube.

RE: Rawhide - MICHAELSPAPPY - 04-09-2017 06:33 PM

Can you imagine a major leaguer bouncing a pool ball off your noggin?
Actually I bought this DVD a number of years ago, but yes, I do watch a lot of old westerns on Youtube.