CSNbbs
So, now we get a Batgirl movie? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+---- Thread: So, now we get a Batgirl movie? (/thread-813981.html)

So, now we get a Batgirl movie? - PirateTreasureNC - 03-30-2017 06:58 PM

http://www.darkhorizons.com/joss-whedon-to-direct-a-batgirl-film/

First, I hope this doesn't suck like the Catwoman spin off from a few years ago.

Secondly, and this is nothing against Batgirl as a character, but somehow I get the feeling she falls into that category of being great when paired with someone versus being the whole show.

I was quite fond of the character in the Animated Series and in the 60s tv show. Batman and Robin doesn't count because that whole movie sucked....

RE: So, now we get a Batgirl movie? - hawghiggs - 03-30-2017 10:16 PM

If this happens. Then they need to rewrite her origin story completely. She should be someone who was inspired by Batman. But does not know him directly.

RE: So, now we get a Batgirl movie? - PirateTreasureNC - 03-30-2017 10:33 PM

(03-30-2017 10:16 PM)hawghiggs Wrote:  If this happens. Then they need to rewrite her origin story completely. She should be someone who was inspired by Batman. But does not know him directly.

Doesn't she have to origins? One as Commissioner Gordon's daughter and...

RE: So, now we get a Batgirl movie? - hawghiggs - 03-31-2017 10:47 PM

(03-30-2017 10:33 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(03-30-2017 10:16 PM)hawghiggs Wrote:  If this happens. Then they need to rewrite her origin story completely. She should be someone who was inspired by Batman. But does not know him directly.

Does she? Maybe I don't know enough about this character to be making assumptions.

RE: So, now we get a Batgirl movie? - PirateTreasureNC - 03-31-2017 10:57 PM

(03-31-2017 10:47 PM)hawghiggs Wrote:  
(03-30-2017 10:33 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  

Does she? Maybe I don't know enough about this character to be making assumptions.

Ohh I have no idea personally....

I mean, I thought she was Commissioner Gordon's daughter but in Batman and Robin she was Alfred's daughter.

RE: So, now we get a Batgirl movie? - BlazerJoe - 04-01-2017 07:16 AM

She's Commissioner Gordon's daughter. She's also served as Oracle when she got paralyzed by the Joker.