CSNbbs
Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU (/thread-813297.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - Gilesfan - 03-24-2017 11:07 AM

(03-24-2017 11:01 AM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  
(03-24-2017 10:09 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  Just to rub in the coaching failure when someone talked about hiring his dad, Evans shot 40% from 3 this year and 84% from the free throw line......

That's great. How did Ambrose Moseley do this year? He didn't play for ODU either.

Bottom line is that ODU failed to get the recruit and ended up replacing him with a walk-on (again). The reasons for failure to both get and keep recruits are what we are talking about here. Someone hiring his dad, didn't get the recruit to commit to ODU, behavior problems after coming to ODU, poor grades after coming to ODU, not getting the playing time and leaving, etc. seem to all be happening frequently during this coach's tenure, and it has caused him to rely upon walk-ons to an extent that we have never seen before at ODU.

Mosely was a decent role player for UNC-W this year.

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - ODU BBALL - 03-24-2017 12:37 PM

(03-24-2017 11:07 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(03-24-2017 11:01 AM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  
(03-24-2017 10:09 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  Just to rub in the coaching failure when someone talked about hiring his dad, Evans shot 40% from 3 this year and 84% from the free throw line......

That's great. How did Ambrose Moseley do this year? He didn't play for ODU either.

Bottom line is that ODU failed to get the recruit and ended up replacing him with a walk-on (again). The reasons for failure to both get and keep recruits are what we are talking about here. Someone hiring his dad, didn't get the recruit to commit to ODU, behavior problems after coming to ODU, poor grades after coming to ODU, not getting the playing time and leaving, etc. seem to all be happening frequently during this coach's tenure, and it has caused him to rely upon walk-ons to an extent that we have never seen before at ODU.

Mosely was a decent role player for UNC-W this year.

Moseley started on a conference championship team that won 25 - 30 games and played in the NCAA Tournament. We could use a lot more of that level of 'decent' at ODU.

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - odu09 - 03-24-2017 12:46 PM

I'm not sure how or why this conversation turned into Moseley but he is a good player it's just unfortunate he couldn't keep the substances under control. It's an outdated rule but it's a rule.

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - Petey Hodge - 03-24-2017 01:37 PM

Back on topic. Are Fields and Haynes any good?

Does this hurt us?

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - Monarchblue - 03-24-2017 01:44 PM

(03-24-2017 12:46 PM)odu09 Wrote:  I'm not sure how or why this conversation turned into Moseley but he is a good player it's just unfortunate he couldn't keep the substances under control. It's an outdated rule but it's a rule.

That is not what happened. I know it is the accepted explanation, but it is not true, or at least not the whole story.

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - Justanodufan - 03-24-2017 01:51 PM

(03-24-2017 01:44 PM)Monarchblue Wrote:  
(03-24-2017 12:46 PM)odu09 Wrote:  I'm not sure how or why this conversation turned into Moseley but he is a good player it's just unfortunate he couldn't keep the substances under control. It's an outdated rule but it's a rule.

That is not what happened. I know it is the accepted explanation, but it is not true, or at least not the whole story.

And you know this because you have a source that cannot be named. 07-coffee3

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - monarx - 03-24-2017 01:52 PM

So are you saying you absolutely know what did happen? If so, (without saying why) was the suspension warranted in your opinion?

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - Gilesfan - 03-24-2017 01:54 PM

My source says he was kicked off the team for having the ability to make shots behind the 3 point arc. Can't name the source though.

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - Petey Hodge - 03-24-2017 02:19 PM

That's the kiss of death!!

Never forget. Ambrose Moseley 2016

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - Monarchblue - 03-24-2017 02:28 PM

(03-24-2017 01:51 PM)Justanodufan Wrote:  

And you know this because you have a source that cannot be named. 07-coffee3

Yes.

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - Monarchblue - 03-24-2017 02:31 PM

(03-24-2017 01:52 PM)monarx Wrote:  

So are you saying you absolutely know what did happen? If so, (without saying why) was the suspension warranted in your opinion?

It has been long enough that I will say what I know, but not where it came from.

I am not sure if he failed a second drug test or not, but I do know that if he did, it was because he was going to leave the team anyway and he didn't care. He was miserable and made up his mind he was going to focus on graduating so that he could transfer.

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - ODU BBALL - 03-24-2017 02:35 PM

(03-24-2017 01:54 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  My source says he was kicked off the team for having the ability to make shots behind the 3 point arc. Can't name the source though.

Does your source cough into his hand a lot? 03-lmfao

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - ODU BBALL - 03-24-2017 02:36 PM

(03-24-2017 02:31 PM)Monarchblue Wrote:  

It has been long enough that I will say what I know, but not where it came from.

I am not sure if he failed a second drug test or not, but I do know that if he did, it was because he was going to leave the team anyway and he didn't care. He was miserable and made up his mind he was going to focus on graduating so that he could transfer.

Do you know what was the cause of him being miserable at ODU?

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - Monarchblue - 03-24-2017 02:58 PM

(03-24-2017 02:36 PM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  

I will put it diplomatically... He and JJ did not mesh.

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - ODU BBALL - 03-24-2017 02:59 PM

(03-24-2017 02:58 PM)Monarchblue Wrote:  
(03-24-2017 02:36 PM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  
(03-24-2017 01:44 PM)Monarchblue Wrote:  That is not what happened. I know it is the accepted explanation, but it is not true, or at least not the whole story.

I will put it diplomatically... He and JJ did not mesh.

As I expected.

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - Justanodufan - 03-24-2017 03:26 PM

Unless your source is Mosley, I am not buying it.

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - paintedblue2 - 03-25-2017 06:57 AM

No. If he did it was because he used banned drugs again. He could have chosen to simply quit the team, rather than cause himself to be dismissed.

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - blewbyu - 03-25-2017 07:49 AM

Let me get this straight ...Ambrose Moseley was a criminal justice major who smoked dope and got busted a second time on purpose because he didn't like JJ and wanted to transfer. But first he wanted to concentrate on graduating....with a degree in criminal justice with an * stating he got suspended for getting busted not once but twice for smoking pot.....not sure your source is very reliable!!!!!

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - Justanodufan - 03-25-2017 07:58 AM

Based on your source Ambrose chose Keats because he wanted a coach that he DIDN'T like.03-lmfao

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/92813070-132.html

(Sorry for not embedding the link)

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - Spantheman34 - 03-25-2017 08:11 AM

(03-23-2017 11:34 PM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  
(03-23-2017 10:39 PM)ODUCoach Wrote:  I think part of it is that we have a myopic point of view. We think we're the only team suspending players. Let me promise you, it happens way more than you'd like to believe. Lots of teams suspend players. But, because we don't follow other teams, we think it's just us.

Our level of suspensions and dismissals in 4 years is NOT normal no matter how much you try to convince us it is.

Jones has dismissed more players in 4 years than Blaine did in over a decade.

Losing guys to transfers is one thing, having issues that continually force dismissals is not normal at all.
Who would want to play for Jones? Other than a mid level player not getting attention from bigger schools. Jones can't recruit! He doesn't have the personality nor offer the style of play that attracts the caliber of players we need to move forward. When I watch Jones on the sideline during the game, he reminds me of Ed Sullivan (arms crossed saying nothing other than a cough once in a while). He is just plain boring!! and it's reflected in his style of play and effort being put forth by his players. He will never recruit top quality players and he has had long enough time to do so. His ship is sinking and he needs to go down with it!