CSNbbs
NC State does it again! Kevin Keatts is the new Sidney Lowe - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: NC State does it again! Kevin Keatts is the new Sidney Lowe (/thread-812833.html)

NC State does it again! Kevin Keatts is the new Sidney Lowe - XLance - 03-18-2017 11:30 AM

NC STATE hires another coach that didn't/wouldn't/couldn't finish their own degree in a timely fashion.
I guess it could be a good lesson in perseverance.

To become eligible for employment as a NCAA head coach, he completed the final nine hours of his business administration degree online via St. Paul's College in Lawrenceville, Virginia.[1] On May 6, 2006, Lowe was named the new head basketball coach of North Carolina State University, replacing Herb Sendek.

Keatts began his coaching career as an assistant at Southwestern Michigan College for the 1996-97 season.[1] He then went to Hargrave Military Academy as an assistant coach for two seasons before being promoted to head coach in 1999. In 2001, Keatts moved to Marshall as an assistant coach to Greg White. He returned to Hargrave in 2003 and served as the head coach until 2011. During his ten years (over two stints) as the head coach at Hargrave, Keatts had a record of 262–17, and won two national championships.[2]

In 2011 he earned a degree from Marshall.[1] Keatts then joined the staff of Rick Pitino at Louisville and was a part of the Cardinals 2013 NCAA Division I national championship team.

RE: NC State does it again! Kevin Keatts is the new Sidney Lowe - PiratePanther189 - 03-18-2017 11:44 AM

I highly doubt Debbie Yow of all people is going to have high education qualifications as a hiring priority.

That said, this was a good hire.

RE: NC State does it again! Kevin Keatts is the new Sidney Lowe - msm96wolf - 03-18-2017 01:50 PM

I know I am pleased with their hire. Appears to be an up and coming coach. Knows NC high schools and great Hargrove connections.

RE: NC State does it again! Kevin Keatts is the new Sidney Lowe - ken d - 03-18-2017 02:47 PM

(03-18-2017 11:30 AM)XLance Wrote:  NC STATE hires another coach that didn't/wouldn't/couldn't finish their own degree in a timely fashion.

To become eligible for employment as a NCAA head coach, he completed the final nine hours of his business administration degree online via St. Paul's College in Lawrenceville, Virginia.[1] On May 6, 2006, Lowe was named the new head basketball coach of North Carolina State University, replacing Herb Sendek.

Keatts began his coaching career as an assistant at Southwestern Michigan College for the 1996-97 season.[1] He then went to Hargrave Military Academy as an assistant coach for two seasons before being promoted to head coach in 1999. In 2001, Keatts moved to Marshall as an assistant coach to Greg White. He returned to Hargrave in 2003 and served as the head coach until 2011. During his ten years (over two stints) as the head coach at Hargrave, Keatts had a record of 262–17, and won two national championships.[2]

In 2011 he earned a degree from Marshall.[1] Keatts then joined the staff of Rick Pitino at Louisville and was a part of the Cardinals 2013 NCAA Division I national championship team.

Do you find this troublesome for some reason?

RE: NC State does it again! Kevin Keatts is the new Sidney Lowe - Wolfman - 03-18-2017 02:56 PM

(03-18-2017 11:30 AM)XLance Wrote:  NC STATE hires another coach that didn't/wouldn't/couldn't finish their own degree in a timely fashion.

Lots of people don't complete their degrees "in a timely fashion" for lots of reasons. Do you have any information as to why he took extra time? Otherwise this is just a cheap shot.

I'm looking forward to your next Wikipedia plagiarization.