CSNbbs
NTR- Tom Crean OUT at Indiana - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: NTR- Tom Crean OUT at Indiana (/thread-812620.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

NTR- Tom Crean OUT at Indiana - UMTiger02 - 03-16-2017 11:23 AM

Per GP on Twitter

RE: NTR- Tom Crean OUT at Indiana - fsquid - 03-16-2017 11:27 AM

drop the news right as the tourney starts. Talk about a news dump

RE: NTR- Tom Crean OUT at Indiana - VinnieVegas - 03-16-2017 11:28 AM

Well if you can't beat Josh Pastner...

RE: NTR- Tom Crean OUT at Indiana - k2tigers - 03-16-2017 11:37 AM

he won't be out of work for long, whatever he decides to do - coaching, TV

RE: NTR- Tom Crean OUT at Indiana - ddramone - 03-16-2017 11:40 AM

About 90% of his career earnings are because of Dwayne Wade. The guy did just enough to make an absolute ton of money. I will say his timing was impeccable. He took over the IU program which was (a) in an absolute shambles BUT (b) paid like the big time program it was. He basically had a 3-year honeymoon (if not more) and was paid like a top-5 program.

After his 3-year honeymoon, 3 Sweet Sixteens in 6 years isn't too bad, but IU is accustomed to much higher AND the talent level in that state is off the charts. The General is pretty much forgotten at this point, so Crean's successor is not chasing Bobby's legacy.

Great job with absolutely massive potential.

RE: NTR- Tom Crean OUT at Indiana - fsquid - 03-16-2017 11:41 AM

yup

RE: NTR- Tom Crean OUT at Indiana - AlonsoWDC - 03-16-2017 12:07 PM

Spot on analysis.

RE: NTR- Tom Crean OUT at Indiana - VinnieVegas - 03-16-2017 12:19 PM

Looks like he's owed 4 mil

https://twitter.com/sipetethamel/status/842412183753523201

RE: NTR- Tom Crean OUT at Indiana - Claw - 03-16-2017 12:35 PM

Firing now makes it easy to talk to coaches at the tourneys.

RE: NTR- Tom Crean OUT at Indiana - VinnieVegas - 03-16-2017 12:44 PM

(03-16-2017 12:35 PM)Claw Wrote:  Firing now makes it easy to talk to coaches at the tourneys.

Do they still have the coaches convention at the final four? Another good place

RE: NTR- Tom Crean OUT at Indiana - TigerAF - 03-16-2017 12:44 PM

Tubby to Indiana?

RE: NTR- Tom Crean OUT at Indiana - cscottl1981 - 03-16-2017 12:46 PM

Pastner to Indiana?

RE: NTR- Tom Crean OUT at Indiana - oruvoice - 03-16-2017 12:58 PM

(03-16-2017 11:40 AM)ddramone Wrote:  The General is pretty much forgotten at this point, so Crean's successor is not chasing Bobby's legacy.

I don't know about that. Every IU fan I've ever spoken to, still to this day, speaks of Bobby Knight like he is God.

Similar to the way Sooner fans still hold Barry Switzer up as an icon. Living in Oklahoma, it boggles my mind how much worship Switzer still gets...to this day.

RE: NTR- Tom Crean OUT at Indiana - ddramone - 03-16-2017 01:15 PM

(03-16-2017 12:58 PM)oruvoice Wrote:  
(03-16-2017 11:40 AM)ddramone Wrote:  The General is pretty much forgotten at this point, so Crean's successor is not chasing Bobby's legacy.

I don't know about that. Every IU fan I've ever spoken to, still to this day, speaks of Bobby Knight like he is God.

Similar to the way Sooner fans still hold Barry Switzer up as an icon. Living in Oklahoma, it boggles my mind how much worship Switzer still gets...to this day.

But the $$$ still comes in and the HS talent could give two $hits about the General. Throw in the fact that Bobby was unreal in terms of getting his players to stay all 4 years and that used to be an asset, now it is a liability. There's a ton of HS talent in Indiana and most of that still thinks they could be one-and-dones.

Put it this way: this year's HS talent was 1 year old when Knight LEFT IU.

RE: NTR- Tom Crean OUT at Indiana - AlonsoWDC - 03-16-2017 01:21 PM

Knight was a dinosaur the last ten or so years at Indiana too.

RE: NTR- Tom Crean OUT at Indiana - oruvoice - 03-16-2017 01:25 PM

(03-16-2017 01:15 PM)ddramone Wrote:  
(03-16-2017 12:58 PM)oruvoice Wrote:  

But the $$$ still comes in and the HS talent could give two $hits about the General. Throw in the fact that Bobby was unreal in terms of getting his players to stay all 4 years and that used to be an asset, now it is a liability. There's a ton of HS talent in Indiana and most of that still thinks they could be one-and-dones.

Put it this way: this year's HS talent was 1 year old when Knight LEFT IU.

I get your point. And, it's valid.

Just saying...I know some IU fans and all they talk about (to this day) is THE GENERAL.

RE: NTR- Tom Crean OUT at Indiana - Tiger1983 - 03-16-2017 02:10 PM

(03-16-2017 11:40 AM)ddramone Wrote:  About 90% of his career earnings are because of Dwayne Wade. The guy did just enough to make an absolute ton of money. I will say his timing was impeccable. He took over the IU program which was (a) in an absolute shambles BUT (b) paid like the big time program it was. He basically had a 3-year honeymoon (if not more) and was paid like a top-5 program.

After his 3-year honeymoon, 3 Sweet Sixteens in 6 years isn't too bad, but IU is accustomed to much higher AND the talent level in that state is off the charts. The General is pretty much forgotten at this point, so Crean's successor is not chasing Bobby's legacy.

Great job with absolutely massive potential.

You nailed it.

RE: NTR- Tom Crean OUT at Indiana - Mimi - 03-16-2017 09:23 PM

Funny, back in the day, when Narcissist was still taking Memphis money and working to promote Memphis, I worried that a schoool like an Indiana would be appealing, and would make sense, and would be easy to follow should a Memphis coach head there.

Instead, a corrupt program like Kentucky lifted its skirt, and our own could not resist the scent of it, and KY itself ignored the taint because Narcissist by that time had attractive fake boobs.

At least Indiana essentially never needed industrial strength douches.

RE: NTR- Tom Crean OUT at Indiana - fishman6581 - 03-16-2017 09:25 PM

Tony B.

RE: NTR- Tom Crean OUT at Indiana - fsquid - 03-16-2017 10:01 PM

(03-16-2017 09:23 PM)Mimi Wrote:  Funny, back in the day, when Narcissist was still taking Memphis money and working to promote Memphis, I worried that a schoool like an Indiana would be appealing, and would make sense, and would be easy to follow should a Memphis coach head there.

Instead, a corrupt program like Kentucky lifted its skirt, and our own could not resist the scent of it, and KY itself ignored the taint because Narcissist by that time had attractive fake boobs.

At least Indiana essentially never needed industrial strength douches.

Didn't Kelvin Sampson work there?